NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what time the father got the text from her phone? Was it before she was found?

If the text came in before she was found and it was me who got that text, I would call the NYPD so fast to check on my spouse and my child? I would want them pounding down my door for a wellness check.

I had assumed that her phone was with her and the message sent just before her body was abandoned which would be some time before she was discovered by the runner.

From the link posted (Twitter) does anyone know the general layout of the home? If it is infact 3 levels I’m assuming the 2 pics being shown are of the 3rd floor and 2nd with the basement underneath and unseen from street view?
Curious about the 3 rd floor, if that is infact the 3rd floor where the small window is and detective is seen.
After seeing the layout of this house and this video , it truly makes me feel like we are reaching to believe that the son didn’t hear anything. I mean a murder with 60 stab wounds and a cleanup. I just don’t get it.

That's true. Plus the kids were probably off for the holidays.

Friday was the first night of Passover. Maybe dad, and older son had to go due to time constraints? Isn't that an important time to be with family though?

Maybe they weren’t religiously observant at all. Not uncommon in NYC
She still was wearing jeans and had a belt on when she was discovered so she wasn't prepared for sleep yet:

<snip> Then, Van Nostrand said, he saw black, ankle-length jeans, a belt and a woman’s waist. He didn’t see the blood on the other side of the bag until after he had opened it, he said. The body was in the fetal position, he said, adding that the bag had wheels.

Orsolya Gaal's body found in blood-soaked duffel bag in Queens
And why would it say "when living near Austin Street in Forest Hills" - why not explicitly mention the street they lived on then? "When you lived on XYZ Street in Forest Hills"? Or is Austin Street where the supposed author of the text messages lived then? Either way, I'm not convinced that someone from her past from perhaps some sort of lawsuit or crime is the perp, either.

Austin Street is the big shopping street in Forest Hills. It’s also kind of the dividing line between the heavy traffic & bustle of the broader neighborhood & the leafy residential area near OG’s house, forest hills gardens.

still a weird reference in this text, but Austin St is a landmark so maybe that explains it.

Do we know what time the father got the text from her phone? Was it before she was found?

If the text came in before she was found and it was me who got that text, I would call the NYPD so fast to check on my spouse and my child? I would want them pounding down my door for a wellness check.

I had assumed that her phone was with her and the message sent just before her body was abandoned which would be some time before she was discovered by the runner.
I think the text was sent a few hours before the body was found, but it's been reported that the father was in Oregon -- with the 3 hour time difference he may have been asleep when the text came in. JMO.

Would the person who is responsible for killing her have scratches , marks , etc. on their body ? Genuinely asking. I read that she had defensive wounds.

With how violent the attack seems to have been from everything we've read, there has to be DNA from the killer left at the scene, on the clothing of the victim & possibly on the hockey bag, unless the killer was wearing gloves, then again, in a rage & stabbing someone close to 60 times, I could see saliva coming out of the killers mouth & landing on the victim.

Also, the victim was fighting for her life, so she may have DNA of the killer under her fingernails.

Maybe they weren’t religiously observant at all. Not uncommon in NYC

Austin Street is the big shopping street in Forest Hills. It’s also kind of the dividing line between the heavy traffic & bustle of the broader neighborhood & the leafy residential area near OG’s house, forest hills gardens.

still a weird reference in this text, but Austin St is a landmark so maybe that explains it.

Thanks so much for all this information. Helps alot.

From the link posted (Twitter) does anyone know the general layout of the home? If it is infact 3 levels I’m assuming the 2 pics being shown are of the 3rd floor and 2nd with the basement underneath and unseen from street view?
Curious about the 3 rd floor, if that is infact the 3rd floor where the small window is and detective is seen.

I think I saw up thread a picture of the side of the house that shows a small window higher than the middle floor, there are no windows at that height in front. Maybe a converted attic. I assumed it was the youngest son’s room.

From the outside, it looks like a 2 story home with a basement since that has already been stated......the house doesnt look that big from the outside, but for $2 million, im assuming the people living around there are paying for the location of their home, & New York has outrageous house prices like California.

Looking at a few pictures of the side of the houses lined up on the street, they seem to have a window higher than the 2nd floor......possibly a room under the roof which they use as a small loft/attic used as a spare bedroom.

Last edited:
We had an old Tudor like this when we lived in NJ. The upper smaller window on the front side of the house is the 2nd floor. I'm guessing it's the master bedroom as that is where ours was located. The 2nd photo is the first floor of the residence and is located to the right of the front door. This is either the living room or the dining room, imo.

We had an old Tudor like this when we lived in NJ. The upper smaller window on the front side of the house is the 2nd floor. I'm guessing it's the master bedroom as that is where ours was located. The 2nd photo is the first floor of the residence and is located to the right of the front door. This is either the living room or the dining room, imo.
It is a 5 bedroom home so I’m just curious how many bedrooms on second floor and how many on first floor do you think?

I've not closed the door on this tragedy being the result of a hit crime.

The murder may have been staged in a manner most would deem unlikely in a murder-for-hire case,
eg. multiple stab wounds and the decedent dragged along a public thoroughfare, then abandoned.

I support the notion texts sent to the husband were executed as distractions.

A hit crime could also explain why youngest son was not harmed.

After seeing the layout of this house and this video , it truly makes me feel like we are reaching to believe that the son didn’t hear anything. I mean a murder with 60 stab wounds and a cleanup. I just don’t get it.

I live in Queens just a mile from this murder scene, and I have been in the family’s back yard.

In the nearby homes where I have babysat, when kids are in the basement and the door to the house is closed, you hardly hear any noise on the first floor, and none on the second or third floor. These are old tudor houses, and they are built very solidly. It does not surprise me at all that someone on the third floor would not hear even a very loud fight or commotion in the basement, especially if the basement door was closed. MOO

What is the purpose of removing the body from the scene, even if it was not intended to be left where it ultimately was? Was there DNA on OG’s body that would be traced back to the killer? There had to have been so much blood and DNA at the crime scene and no time to clean it all up. What’s the nearest body of water? What kind of plan was there, if any? Was this a planned attack, or done in a fit or rage? What do the family members have to contribute to solving this case? Is anyone hoping to protect anyone else, circling the wagons? Have any attorneys or spokespersons been hired by the family?

One thing that’s bothering me about this case is the presence of the younger son in the house during the killing. Even if they did not hear anything, why didn’t the killer murder them as well given they supposedly had a vendetta against the entire family.

Why did the police arrest the teen in the morning? Could just acting suspicious somewhere downstairs in the house and not answering the door suffice an arrest?

LE had her body and followed a blood trail back to her home. They found the son there and he said he didn’t know where his Mom was and then they likely found the second crime scene in the basement and took him in to custody. Sound like SOP.

When my kids were 13, you could have dragged somebody screaming into their bedroom and murdered them at the foot of the bed and the kid wouldn't have stirred. It doesn't surprise me that the 13-year-old on the top floor of the house didn't hear something in the basement.

It is a 5 bedroom home so I’m just curious how many bedrooms on second floor and how many on first floor do you think?
Oh wow! Ours was a 3 bedroom (nice sized rooms) and the attic could have been converted to a small bedroom. I have no idea where the 5th bedroom could be. It doesn't look like there were any additions put onto the house. Surely not the basement?! We had a bathroom down there but the pipes were wrapped because they were wrapped with asbestos. There was room certainly but it was somewhat dark even though we had half windows on all walls except for the front of the house.

It is reported that OG knew her killer, that she would have let them into her house. That to me is odd - she is a woman home with her 13 year old son, someone comes to her house after 11pm at night (which is when she is reported to have come home) - I cannot imagine letting many people I know into my house that late at night, unless it was pre-arranged. And, really, what is pre-arranged to take place in the middle of the night when you are am married 51 year old stay at home Mum ?

If it was someone she knew and had put in prison - then why would she let them into the house ?

And - why go to the basement with them ?

If the police know the perp, but they cannot locate them, why would they not tell the public so that people can be on the lookout for the person ?

I am sure that everything will make sense once we know the full story, but at the moment it is so very very odd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes