NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who lives in the complex, if there are video cameras in that building, we don't know anything about them. The only way I can see them having video is if there was another type of investigation going on in that building that required hidden cameras. If that is the case there should be video of patrick that hasnt been shown for some reason. Police are still stationed throughout the complex and the mobile command center is still in front of the foster mom's building.

while nothing has been established for certain, I never thought the foster mother was involved in this. Careless? yes. Involved in his disappearance? No.

Still it is good to know that LE has checked her out. The whole taking out the trash story is hinky - no matter which version a person might believe. It is very hinky that there are so many versions of the story. However, I'm thinking now that maybe LE only got 1 version and it was just the media that got 20 versions?

Salem

Thanks, chrissybk. Is there anywhere near the apartment, that you are aware of, that has video surveillance? From looking at Google Earth, it looks like there is a bank or two pretty close? Apparently they have analyzed 81 surveillance videos. And nothing? If he got very far at all, you'd think he'd be on *something*!

No new info, just a piece from a "weekly newsbrief". Hoping someone will come forward.

$12G offered for missing boy

The city is offering $12,000 for any information that will help lead them to seven-year-old boy who has been missing for over a month.

[snip]

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to come forward.

Calls can be made to the NYPD CrimesStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

http://www.yournabe.com/articles/20...courier-yn_brooklyn_graphic-newsbriefs3.4.txt

I was looking for news updates on Patrick today - and read the comments to this NY Post article....nothing new really in the article, IMO, just rehash of the 'like Etan Patz disappearance'.

NEhoo - look at the 3rd comment....Is this someone trying to drop a hint -- or just speculating? The way this person says "it was someone he knew" 2x sounds as tho they are trying to be sure someone "gets it".

Of course, it could just be someone hoping for the best - but I find the comment 'different', for lack of a better word.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/new_etan_fear_xYYOQsYDPSYhEPmGnrsAjJ

What do y'all think?

PIX Exclusive: Missing Boy's Last Meeting with Mom

PIX Investigates has obtained exclusive photos of the last meeting between a 7-year-old foster child and his biological mom, about a week before he vanished from an apartment building in Canarsie, Brooklyn.

The cell phone pictures show 7-year-old Patrick Alford happy, when he's posing in front of a dinosaur painting, but forlorn when he's hugging his mother, as the visit was ending.

The boy's grand-aunt, Blanca Toledo, told PIX News, "Patrick was arguing with his mother, 'Why can't you take me home?' He was upset...There was a big scene; Patrick threw himself on the floor. He said 'Why? Why?' It was horrible."

More: http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-pix-investigates-missing-boy,0,5547988.story

Dinosaur.jpg

Three more photos of Patrick from his last visit with his mother.

Attachments

• Last visit 1 blur.jpg
    Last visit 1 blur.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Last visit 2 blur.jpg
    Last visit 2 blur.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Last visit 3.jpg
    Last visit 3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 33

I should have commented on this when I first read it. According to the article, Patrick's scent was traced to a bus stop two blocks from the complex. The original news said his scent was followed to the Belt Parkway.

If he got on a bus, then he knew where he was going and that would have been family. Of course he could have been picked up at the bus stop by anyone including a stranger.

I was looking for news updates on Patrick today - and read the comments to this NY Post article....nothing new really in the article, IMO, just rehash of the 'like Etan Patz disappearance'.

NEhoo - look at the 3rd comment....Is this someone trying to drop a hint -- or just speculating? The way this person says "it was someone he knew" 2x sounds as tho they are trying to be sure someone "gets it".

Of course, it could just be someone hoping for the best - but I find the comment 'different', for lack of a better word.

What do y'all think?

Hm, comment sounds like they are sure of themselves more than just guesstimating, I hope he is safe somewhere!

What do y'all think?

First, let me say I can't believe this young boy is still missing. 7 is so young. My initial impression of the comments are that they come from someone like a psychic but not claiming to be a psychic in the comment. IF they have any information how who may be harboring this child they should be sharing that information with the police if they have not already.

Praying Patrick is found safely! He's been gone for too long.

My latest thoughts about Patrick have been that this poor boy did *try* to run away back to his mother. I think if his family had told him to go to the bus stop or get to them somehow, they would have told him to bring his sister with him. That's just IMO. Not necessarily what happened, but it's what I'm feeling at the moment. I think that maybe he did decide to try to get back to his mom. If you're 7 and trying to run away, a bus probably seems like a good option.

IIRC, they interviewed bus drivers. In New York, it may not be uncommon for a child to be alone on a bus. But I think it would be *less* common for a 7 year old, at night. I don't think they said for sure if a bus driver remembered him or not, but I think they would have said so if they did. Maybe something happened to him at the bus stop? Maybe a bus driver said that he would take Patrick "somewhere safe"?

Ughhhhhh. So frustrating. And scary. I wish they wouldn't have brought up the Etan Patz angle. To me, that says that they have absolutely nothing to go on and no good ideas of where Patrick is at this point.

ORRRR...if they are still having some lingering thoughts that mom is involved, maybe they are trying to get her to *think* that they have nothing. Make her think that they are leaning towards stranger abduction. Get her guard down. Make her think it's safe to go to Patrick.

Sorry. Just rambling. Thinking about Patrick a lot lately.

Just bumping with Patrick's reward info. Hoping someone will come forward.

$12G offered for missing boy

The city is offering $12,000 for any information that will help lead them to seven-year-old boy who has been missing for nearly a month.

Officials said that Patrick Alford was last seen leaving the lobby of his Vandalia Avenue foster home in Spring Creek at 9 p.m. on January 22 after threatening to run away.

At the time the 4’8”, 65-pound child, who was wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

Calls can be made to the NYPD CrimesStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

http://www.yournabe.com/articles/2010/02/16/brooklyn/courier-yn_brooklyn_front_page-blotcan649.txt

Thank you. I keep hoping someone in the maternal family is hiding Patrick. That's at least is better than the alternatives.

Keeping Patrick in our prayers. I keeping checking hoping for good news.

I'd like to know why he was taken.
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/brooklyn/100123-Patrick-Alford-Missing-Boy
According to this article.... He has a thin build and is in good physical and mental health.
Doesn't seem to fit the description of an abused child to me.

It's really hard to tell from looks alone. My friends have one current and one former foster child. The current child came to them as a chubby, giggly baby... and she had cocaine in her system and had been left in the care of her under-3 sister. The former foster child was a cute, healthy 4 year old boy... his mom left him in the care of a man who murdered his baby brother (actually a story that was discussed on this site at one time). You just never know what these kids have been through. And through it all, they sometimes still have quite an allegiance to their parents.

Hinky alert! How do you lose a 7 yr old while taking out the trash? Unless, like in a story awhile back about a 10 yr old (I think) being tased...it was explained there that foster parents cannot under any circumstances restrain a child. If that's the case...she's just supposed to let him run? That's not right, either. That only allows the child to get into further possible danger. :furious:

I hope he is found safe...as in 10 minutes ago.

I don't think the foster parents are allowed to restrain the child. My friends that foster have stated that they can do time out, but they are not even allowed to pop a child on the hand for misbehavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko