NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

Patrick turns 10 at the end of the month. I really can't believe he's still missing.

Happy birthday in just 26 minutes, Patrick. I don't get a chance to check in as often as I would like, but when I do, I'm always looking for the post that says you've been found, safe and sound!

:up:

My birthday wish for you, Patrick, is that you are safe and will return home soon.

:partyguy:​

:bdsong:
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday, dear Patrick...
Happy birthday to YOU!

May God bless you, Patrick Alford.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The NYPD is investigating skeletal remains that were found in a marshy area near Canarsie in Brooklyn.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/05/police-skeletal-remains-found-in-marshy-area-near-canarsie/

Very short article. Not much information other than the remains were found by someone in a rowboat, Tuesday evening. There is nothing in the article to indicate these are the remains of a child, just that the news is breaking and the ME and LE are on the scene.

I don't know how far Carnarsie is from the location Patrick went missing. I wanted to put this here because he went missing from Brooklyn. I'd think it shouldn't take that long to determine if the remains are those of a child, depending on how complete the remains are and if they are not historical remains.

Let's try and keep an eye on this......

I am a better person today, in knowing of Patrick K. Alford...a continual visual in a day...of his ear-to-ear smile, his status of 'missing', and a longing to witness a true happy ending... for a little boy in New York...who had it rough from the start.

God Bless you always, lil Patrick.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/03/a_staten_island_mom_has_given.html

By Frank Donnelly/Staten Island Advance
on March 10, 2013 at 8:00 AM,
updated March 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM

That's a tad misleading in the title. The article itself says:

Under state law, a person missing for three years "whose absence is not satisfactorily explained ... after diligent search" is presumed dead.
Like Patrick's father, I think we all hold out hope he is alive. I'd love nothing more than for Patrick to be found alive. But there comes a point when you do start to realize that this is a 7-year-old boy. He's not out there on his own. His mother is probably at the same place I am. I hope there is a miracle. But I realize the reality.

There was also info in the article we haven't heard before.

According to Ms. Rodriguez's lawsuit, Patrick was "extremely distraught" in foster care and tried to run away several times. He allegedly attacked other children in the foster home and "engaged in destructive acts toward property" there.

On the day before he disappeared, Patrick screamed that he wanted to go home and tried to cut open his arm with a large pair of scissors, allege Ms. Rodriguez's court filings. Ms. Moran restrained him, according to those documents.

That poor boy. :( My heart seriously aches for him. Where was the help he needed? Certainly not in a Spanish-speaking foster home with strange people and away from his family.

Happy ending in Ohio gives loved ones of missing Staten Islanders reason to believe

[snip]

According to the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services the number of children (under the age of 18) reported missing in New York City and New York State in 2012 were 8,101 and 21,656 respectively.

[snip]

Patrick Alford Jr. who vanished three years ago from a Brooklyn foster home. His mother, New Brighton resident Jennifer Rodriguez, 25, recently amended her federal lawsuit against the city and other parties to include a wrongful-death claim. Patrick, then 7, was last seen on Friday, Jan. 22, 2010, at 9 p.m. in the vicinity of 130 Vandalia Ave., in East New York's Spring Creek Development.

More: http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/05/happy_ending_in_ohio_gives_lov.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelionYerkash
Back