NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on Twitter this morning a man claiming to be a reformed exprisoner that knew both men. He kept sending tweets to news stations and replying to reporters saying he can share inside info with people on the two and their behaviors. Not sure how reliable it is. Apparently he wrote a book about his time in that prison and the corruption from within. I think he may have been interviewed by someone in the past few days regarding all this but I could have misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please clear up the timeline for me: I keep reading about the camper with the bullet hole. BUT...what about the camp/cabin that was behind the Willett's home where the grape gin was? Is THAT the cabin where LE smelled gunpowder? Mr. Willett called 911 and LE came to his house. A little later he heard gunshots. How do those coincide? Was it really the camper incident or the Willett's camp that led them to Matt? Or did it all happen same time/same place? I saw the twitter account of the Willett's juvenile daughter who had posted a few tweets this week. Am I allowed to link that here? No new information, just interesting to read her posts from the past few days.

The Willett cabin story:

http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...er-called-cops-when-6352693.php#photo-8215775

This here tells it slightlyh differently and makes a little more sense IMO:

"the shooting of the camper led officers to a cabin off Fayette Road in Malone which had reportedly been broken into on Wednesday, Mr. D’Amico said. He said a screen had been cut and a window was broken into. He said on Wednesday, police recovered evidence from that break-in that indicated Matt had been at the scene.

When officers revisited the cabin following the shooting report, they discovered the smell of gunpowder and that someone had fled out the back door, Mr. D’Amico said. While searching the property, officers heard coughs and detected movement, and tactical teams came upon Matt in the woods. "

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/...ins-on-the-loose-video-20150626&template=mwdt

bumping to help clear up the camper/cabin thing
---

WAIT - plus then there's this from the link posted before mine - http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...er-called-cops-when-6352693.php#photo-8215775

"Police later, in the same vicinity, found another cabin where escaped convict Richard Matt presumably had been immediately prior to being shot by authorities."

So that was AFTER Willet's grapegin cabin.

The gunpowder stank cabin is ANOTHER one. holy canoli, does a CO own THAT ONE??

ETA - so I guess 2 cabins in Malone and one campsite is actually just 1 cabin in Malone TWICE and one campsite. JMO AFAIK

The Willett camp was on Friday...how does that fit in?

radar of area now

Change Location
Malone, NY 12953

radar0.web.jpg

http://weather.weatherbug.com/NY/Malone-weather/satellite/satellite-radar.html?zcode=z6286

Keshia Clukey retweeted
Alexa Green ‏@AlexaTWCNews 13m13 minutes ago

#DavidSweat's sister tells me the family is having a rough time dealing w/ the situation. Just wants him to turn himself in #PrisonBreakNY

ok so we have:

1. Owl's Head, NY cabin owned by a group of CO's in a hunting lodge/group/whatever. This is where the peanut butter & DNA from both men were found with a water jug. One of the CO leasers came upon them and saw one run out the back. Bloody sock was here with boots. Owner of Belly's restaurant nearby gave a video interview that mentioned a duffel bag on the porch, haven't seen that anywhere else.

2. Willet's cabin in Malone (another CO) where he found grape gin on the counter (and I think they found the feces?)

3. The gunpowder stank cabin in Malone which they found after being called about the bullet hole in the camper where Matt was subsequently shot nearby.

4. outdoor/field location in Malone where someone bedded down and left candy wrappers.

Is that right? Ugh. Someone needs to do a cabin rundown (media).

Alexa Green ‏@AlexaTWCNews 8m8 minutes ago

Also added she wants to just get re-married just to change her last name #PrisonBreakNY
0 retweets 4 favorites

Alexa Green ‏@AlexaTWCNews 14m14 minutes ago

Was not willing to speak on camera. Says her family already has to deal with the actions of her brother #DavidSweat each day #PrisonBreakNY
3 retweets 4 favorites

See my edit to my post before yours, sorry!

I'm not seeing any evidence that Matt or Sweat was actually at the grape gin cabin. Just a spilled gin bottle. Is that correct? If so, then that could just be coincidence, I suppose. Of course, this whole thing is full of "coincidences".

Alexa Green retweeted
TWC News CNY & NNY ‏@TWCNewsCNY 4h4 hours ago

Expert Says Manhunt and Death of Escapee is Major Cause Of Police Stress --> http://bit.ly/1RGef4W via @RyanTWCNews #PrisonBreakNY

I'm not seeing any evidence that Matt or Sweat was actually at the grape gin cabin. Just a spilled gin bottle. Is that correct? If so, then that could just be coincidence, I suppose. Of course, this whole thing is full of "coincidences".

They got DNA (from Matt only) at each of the Malone locations including the field location according to Cuomo and/or D'Amico last night. It should be on the first page of this thread in my transcripts from the presser I think.

---

WAIT - plus then there's this from the link posted before mine - http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...er-called-cops-when-6352693.php#photo-8215775

"Police later, in the same vicinity, found another cabin where escaped convict Richard Matt presumably had been immediately prior to being shot by authorities."

So that was AFTER Willet's grapegin cabin.

The gunpowder stank cabin is ANOTHER one. holy canoli, does a CO own THAT ONE??

Ugh this post triggered childhood trauma as it relates to word problems:

If D&S were at campsite x on Friday, and a bottle of booze was noticed three miles away from dirty underpanties, at campsite r, on what day would D&S be schleping by campsite x on Sunday by noon, after a shot was heard near campsite P 27 minutes earlier, where would D be 39 minutes later?

Until someone shows a timeline re-creation of this I am always going to be confused. I want to know how far away from Matt were they when they shot him? I want to know his state after three weeks on the run. Seems like Matt might have been drunk knowing the end was near and the cops closing in after blasting a gun at the camper.

In other news, if the police think he is close by and they cannot pick up a scent for dogs, how does that add up? They are only going on theory that he is within a 3 mile radius. If they were shooting at cars in the street, Sweat might have carjacked one. Or Sweat might have left the area a week ago as I said before. Rain on the way, no way this guy can stick it out the weekend alone in the hills without help.

TWCNews (local station) Live: at the presser:

D'Amico - (These are answers to questions I can't hear)

Yes we recovered evidence from the burglary almost a week ago that indicated they were together, yes.

We didn't recover evidence of Sweat in the town of Malone on Wednesday, not saying he wasn't there jusut dind't recover evidence.

SBM... looking for more DNA confirmation from the presser...

ok so we have:

1. Owl's Head, NY cabin owned by a group of CO's in a hunting lodge/group/whatever. This is where the peanut butter & DNA from both men were found with a water jug. One of the CO leasers came upon them and saw one run out the back. Bloody sock was here with boots. Owner of Belly's restaurant nearby gave a video interview that mentioned a duffel bag on the porch, haven't seen that anywhere else.

2. Willet's cabin in Malone (another CO) where he found grape gin on the counter (and I think they found the feces?)

3. The gunpowder stank cabin in Malone which they found after being called about the bullet hole in the camper where Matt was subsequently shot nearby.

4. outdoor/field location in Malone where someone bedded down and left candy wrappers.

Is that right? Ugh. Someone needs to do a cabin rundown (media).

I am trying to get squared away (help) with all these correction officer cabin owners!

Is it one group (all the same players) who own all, one or two. Or is it a group that owns one or two and another completly seperate corrections officer owns a different cabin?

Willett reportedly heard pop pop pop pop etc. That is not one gunshot. DUH. JMO Also, it doesn't sound like and old shotgun, either. What's the deal? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babken