NY- Squatters suspected of killing woman in NYC apartment, stuffing her body in duffle bag, police sources say

NYC has become a cesspool, IMO.
It’s happening everywhere! NY isn’t the only place with squatters rights.
Imagine you save up for so long to buy a home, or second home. Now you have to be afraid to leave it for any length of time! If you search out some videos of squatters they aren’t even embarrassed. Some folks offer them large sums of money to move out because it’s easier than dealing with the courts.

This is terrible!
But how did they know that apartment was vacant and get a key? From the obituary?
IDK but obituaries are being used by professional squatters as a method of gaining a place to claim.

In this case I fear that there has been some missteps by LE along the way. I hope they will face homicide charges but I can also see a way they may have a hard time proving it. I think it would be best if they can get them to turn on each other. MOO

IDK but obituaries are being used by professional squatters as a method of gaining a place to claim.

In this case I fear that there has been some missteps by LE along the way. I hope they will face homicide charges but I can also see a way they may have a hard time proving it. I think it would be best if they can get them to turn on each other. MOO
It would seem odd that the 2 accused are professional squatters already. But maybe there is someone else who is who got them the access?
Even if they surprised her why did they have to kill her? Why couldn’t they just leave?

In this news coverage, I believe the word 'squatters' is used to just describe that strangers were living in the home.

I think the issue of the legality/or illegality, of what they were doing, is something else entirely.

What I wonder is, how did they know the apartment was vacant, when it was in an upscale building with a private elevator? How did they get the key?

IMO, this wasn't an obviously abandoned house where they broke a window to get in - IMO someone assisted them.

JMO
I’m thinking that there is maybe a ring keeping an eye on obituaries and got a locksmith to fit a key for the door and the elevator key was inside maybe?

Weird - the mug shots are in the link description below BUT not in the video AT the link IYKWIM
After police ran multiple checks on "Veah Rose," the name provided by Alston, and found no information, the officer threatened Alston with arrest for providing a false name. She then allegedly gave the officer her correct information, claiming she was "nervous," according to the complaint.

Alston's mother confirmed her information with police, and the officer did not run the vehicle's license plate number until the following day, which gave Alston and Tejada time to get away, according to authorities in New York.

While the NYPD reported Lower Paxton Township police did not run the vehicle's registration, the Lower Paxton Police Department issued a clarifying statement Friday disputing that report.

"At the time of this minor crash, the vehicle was being operated by a juvenile female, with an adult male passenger," the police department said. "The officer conducted an NCIC inquiry related to the vehicle’s registration number, which came back as a valid registration with no suspicious circumstances.

"It was discovered that there was no current insurance coverage for the vehicle and Lower Paxton Township Bureau of Police had the vehicle towed from the scene. The victim of the homicide was then discovered on the afternoon of March 14.

"At the time of the crash investigation on March 13th, the juvenile female initially gave a false name, and date of birth and provided an address in York. The male passenger did provide his name as Halley Tejada and also gave the officer a date of birth.
They’re teenagers? They look closer to 35, imo.

Last edited:
On April 18, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg announced that the pair had been charged with murdering Vitels in her apartment in Kips Bay.

Alston and Tejada were charged with two counts of second-degree murder in addition to one count of first-degree burglary, one count of first-degree robbery, six counts of fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, seven counts of fourth-degree grand larceny and three counts of concealment of a human corpse.
2 'Squatters' Charged with Murder of N.Y.C. Woman Found in Duffel Bag at Apartment

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back