GUILTY NY - Thomas Valva, 8, autistic, killed, NYPD father & fiancee arrested, Suffolk Co, 17 Jan 2020 *arrests*

'You Didn't Care One Bit About What Happened To Thomas': Pollina Trial​

Pollina was repulsed by the boys, saying they were "filthy and stinky" although she refused to let them use the bathroom or shower inside, the ADA added.

Last edited:

Summations Begin In Pollina Trial: 'She's Fighting For Her Life'​

"We don't convict people of murder because we hate them, because they are b------," said defense attorney Matthew Tuohy.

"It's haunting," he said. "To see this beautiful boy, who had these long eyelashes, I sat there and looked at this and none of this makes any sense. It's senseless."

But, he said, despite the darkness surrounding the death of a child, "This beautiful, innocent boy's death is never going to make any sense. Convicting Angela Pollina of murder is not going to make this right. Angela Pollina did not murder this boy."

Her defense attorney really went to bat for her.

'You Didn't Care One Bit About What Happened To Thomas': Pollina Trial​

Pollina was repulsed by the boys, saying they were "filthy and stinky" although she refused to let them use the bathroom or shower inside, the ADA added.
Good cross.

She thought taking the stand would make her seem honest and contrite.

Instead, it's showing everyone exactly how despicable she is, how cruel, how cold, how heartless, how much they both hated these boys. How calculated the brutality was. A murderer just as much as Valva.

Justice for Thomas, and every other child who had to endure that hellhole of a 'home'.

"Thomas was tortured and died for the sin of being autistic.”

And there it is.

If you can read my signature, you know how hard this one is hitting for me, and how much I am hoping that the sentence for this .... person.... is every bit as unforgiving as her treatment of Thomas was.

She never deserves another single, solitary day for the rest of her life sleeping anywhere but in a concrete room. She built this prison for herself, every brick and bar, every time she chose cruelty and violence. She has nobody to blame for that but herself.

But the legal Hail Mary, hoisted aloft by attorney Matthew Tuohy during his summation, was quickly swatted down by Assistant District Attorney Kerriann Kelly, who said Pollina’s wanton and cruel abuse of little Thomas Valva had directly led to the boy’s hypothermia death.

“She acknowledged it was evil – and it was,” Kelly said. “She tortured them! Screamed at them! She forced him out into the cold! Thomas was tortured and died for the sin of being autistic.”

The trial has not gone well for the defense, especially as Pollina herself took the stand this week — and made jurors gasp when she said it was “a little chilly,” but that she was “comfortable,” on the morning Thomas froze to death in 2020.

In his closing arguments Thursday, Tuohy (defense attorney) said Pollina’s demand that the boys live in the garage was no big deal.

Who cares!” Tuohy told jurors. “It was several months before. Yeah, she was a bad person before … but not on that day. She wanted the boys exiled to the garage. She got up and owned it, she said … it was wrong.”

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jury to resume deliberations Friday morning in Angela Pollina murder trial​

The jury started deliberating just before 4 p.m. Thursday and sent two notes. They asked for a written definition of the charges and Dr. Michael Caplan's testimony in regard to hypothermia.

When I read this article the other day, it peaked my curiosity about what he thinks should have been part of the prosecution...

Dad Of Pollina Daughter Speaks On Thomas Valva Trial: 'Disgusted'​

Gino Cali, who has attended Pollina's proceedings, said he believed the trial was "moving very fast. The prosecutors are an amazing team and wonderful people."

He did, however, say he wished the prosecution had used some of this daughter's statements, that she'd shared with them.

What did she say?? What did the other kids witness beyond what we have heard?? I really hope the jury doesn't let her off!

When I read this article the other day, it peaked my curiosity about what he thinks should have been part of the prosecution...

Dad Of Pollina Daughter Speaks On Thomas Valva Trial: 'Disgusted'​

Gino Cali, who has attended Pollina's proceedings, said he believed the trial was "moving very fast. The prosecutors are an amazing team and wonderful people."

He did, however, say he wished the prosecution had used some of this daughter's statements, that she'd shared with them.

What did she say?? What did the other kids witness beyond what we have heard?? I really hope the jury doesn't let her off!
I hope not either… she is a terrible human being.
I wonder if they just didn’t want to further traumatized the children. My daughter was involved in a bad crime when she was young and the DA’s office elected not to put her on the stand because of the trauma it would put her through.

i don’t like how long this is taking. But I console myself by reading thousands of hate-filled comments on FB pages concerning her…anyplace people think she might see them. She will be a despised pariah for the rest of her life…no matter where she is.

It is obvious that she ruled that household. She wanted a big house, sat home all day, he had to take 2nd job, 90 minute commute each way….but she had a housekeeper. Says it all.

Last edited:
Yes!!! Evil locked away!

Angela Pollina found guilty of murder in the death of 8-year-old Thomas Valva​

(Guilty on all 5 counts!! )

Pollina faces 25 years to life in prison when she's sentenced on April 11.

She canNOT claim ineffective counsel with how hard her defense attorney tried! IMVHO, she sealed the deal when she called herself evil.

Last edited:
I wish I felt happy about this. There's a relief, yes, but I more just feel really freaking sad that Thomas died so cruelly, so unnecessarily, at the hands of so heartless a pair.

May they be forever caged in cold concrete. May they never harm another child. May their own surviving children grow up safe and free away from them.

What kind of life could Thomas have had without this torment? Autistic children of all abilities have the potential for so much. They can be such shining stars in their families, schools, and communities, if they are only given the support and love they need to burn bright.

I'll look at the stars tonight and think of you, Thomas. I'm autistic, like you were. I endured childhood abuse, like you did. The only difference between us, is that I survived my childhood, and you didn't. It seems so cruel that you didn't get that chance to live beyond what they did to you. I'll never forget you.

MOO

Thank goodness this jury got this one right. I hope her prison cell is forever cold in the winter and she can't get warm - and in the summer I hope it's so hot she can't catch her breath. I hope she never sees one minute of peace in prison. I hope she's tortured day and night with the thoughts of germs, with odors, with other inmates flinging *advertiser censored* at her. I hope insects and bugs crawl in her bed at night.
Okay... I'm horrible to have such thoughts. But God have mercy on me, I am heartbroken for this little boy and his brothers and I'll never get this story out of my head.

Thank goodness this jury got this one right. I hope her prison cell is forever cold in the winter and she can't get warm - and in the summer I hope it's so hot she can't catch her breath. I hope she never sees one minute of peace in prison. I hope she's tortured day and night with the thoughts of germs, with odors, with other inmates flinging *advertiser censored* at her. I hope insects and bugs crawl in her bed at night.
Okay... I'm horrible to have such thoughts. But God have mercy on me, I am heartbroken for this little boy and his brothers and I'll never get this story out of my head.
You’re not horrible. She is a monster. How anyone could do this REPEATEDLY is very disturbing.

Pollina is expected back in court on April 11 for sentencing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back