NY - WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO McDonald's Worker Beats Women Who Attack Him

(PLEASE READ ARTICLES AND VIEW VIDEO BEFORE VOTING) In my opinion the worker was...

• justified because this was self defense.

Votes: 66 70.2%
  • exhibiting criminal behavior and should be prosecuted.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Other - Make sure to explain in a post please

Votes: 8 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the tip, Steely. I had already tried that and it merely posts the web address as a link. I'm trying to "embed" it like I did the "Simpsons" one above. You know, so it posts a screen-shot of it and allows viewers to press the arrow, 'play' button and actually play it within the post itself.

Any help?

I honestly am so tired of reading people have double standards on felons. You wanted him to serve his time for his crime before, and now because of his criminal past he is guilty without any reasoning involved? Honestly how can you even call him the assailant? AND FOR THE LAST TIME IT WASNT A METAL BAT, do you think they keep those handy at mcd's or that he brought it to work with him just in case he walked away from getting slapped in the face, and right before defending himself?
Let me give another situation. When i was managing a banquet bar, one of my bartenders was knocked unconscious from a sucker punch to the face by a wedding patron. Almost exactly the same as this, all anyone did was yell and say to stop, but without us coming to his aid, who knows how badly he would have been beaten/injured. There is a reason there are counters used as boundaries, and any customer who crosses that line CERTAINLY intends to harm you.

This should honestly be a simple case of reasoning. DOnt look at his past, and if you do you better also look to the history of violence allowed at that location, and that should prioritize above his past. Simple deal, dont go over the counter to attack, and then expect sympathy and mercy. He doesnt care about your life, at that moment, it is his own that he is worried about, and if he was so brutal, why didnt any of his coworkers try to stop him, instead of watching to make sure the women stayed down?

Four pages in and yet none of you ask if this guy is related to me or the girl who shoved me? :crazy:

Im on the side of the cashier. Many fast food chains are required by corporate policy to check cash over a certain denomination. Just last night at the Quiznos in my town the worker at the register checked my $20 bill even though I am a 3 times a week customer and me and him are on a first name basis, they start making my sandwich before I even open my mouth to order. I wasent offended, he was just doing his job. The McDonald's cashier was attacked and he defended himself. Period. In a fast food restaurant the other side of the counter is "their territory" and the customer doesent go there.

I thought McDonald's dident accept bills larger than $20? There is a big sign below the drive up window of the McDonald's in my town.

Here's the best and clearest video of the attack yet. The same one as before, but it's in slow motion. One new thing I notice that no one has pointed out yet is that the slapper is seen at the beginning abusing yet another McDonald's worker. It's an African-American man or woman with bushy hair wearing the same blue McDonald's employee cap as the others. He or she appears to be trying to calm the slapper down.

The video starts as the slapper appears to be challenging the employee to a fight. I always wondered why anyone would be videoing the slapping incident before it happened. Now I'm pretty sure I know the answer: the slapper had been causing a disturbance which caused that other employee, perhaps a supervisor, to come around the counter to try to calm her down. Obviously the customer videoing the scene started taping it when the slapper started raising her major drama.

The video starts with the slapper taunting and shouting at the employee,
"Do something! Do something! P*ssy! Get the f*ck outta' here. Thank you!"

Play it to the tune of "You Got Another Thing Comin"!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWIV5WcIck8"]McDonald's cashier beating in slow motion - YouTube[/ame]

Here's the best and clearest video of the attack yet. The same one as before, but it's in slow motion. One new thing I notice that no one has pointed out yet is that the slapper is seen at the beginning abusing yet another McDonald's worker. It's an African-American man or woman with bushy hair wearing the same blue McDonald's employee cap as the others. He or she appears to be trying to calm the slapper down.

The video starts as the slapper appears to be challenging the employee to a fight. I always wondered why anyone would be videoing the slapping incident before it happened. Now I'm pretty sure I know the answer: the slapper had been causing a disturbance which caused that other employee, perhaps a supervisor, to come around the counter to try to calm her down. Obviously the customer videoing the scene started taping it when the slapper started raising her major drama.

The video starts with the slapper taunting and shouting at the employee,
"Do something! Do something! P*ssy! Get the f*ck outta' here. Thank you!"

Play it to the tune of "You Got Another Thing Comin"!

McDonald's cashier beating in slow motion - YouTube

That doesn't look like slow motion to me. All of the words are at regular speed and the people appear to be at regular speed. One thing I didn't notice before is that he waits some time after telling them to stay down before he hits them again. I honestly think that if they'd have stayed down he would have stopped until the cops arrived.

Steely, look again and you'll see the above video is definitely in slow motion. All the humans move slower than they would in real life. You can compare it with the regular one http://youtu.be/LArW3xUtLEs and see that everyone's movements are slower (almost graceful) and the words are spoken slower. This allows for a much clearer view of exactly what went on.

Another thing I noticed that no one has pointed out: After the slapper finishes abusing and berating the McDonalds employee at the beginning, she then walks over to the counter and shouts at the cashier, Rayon, referring to the 1st employee she abused,

"Your man is a p*ssy!" and continues her verbal abuse before slapping him and jumping over the counter.

In this case the saying really applies,

"If you play with the bull, you're liable to get the horns."

You jump over the counter and come after me in my place of employment, you deserve the bat that will be slammed into your head. Once you cross that line and I feel like my safety is threatened... you get what is coming to you. I don't care if you are male or female there is NEVER a reason for you to jump over a counter unless you are threatening physical harm and I will protect myself any way I feel I need to. Whose to say she would not have gotten a hold of one of the knives and stabbed him??

I have no sympathy for these women at all!!

Anyone who goes to a gas station or a fast food restaurant with anything over a $20.00 bill should be ashamed of themselves anyways. Most of those establishments are not allowed to keep such change in their registers because of safety reasons. I get so irritated when I hear people complaining about not being able to get change for that kind of money in these types of places... they're not banks!!

I understand the reaction because checking a bill is, for all intents, calling the customer a thief. I'm not saying stores shouldn't check for forgeries. I'm just saying that they should be prepared for insulted and/or angry customers. I find myself asking a similar question to yours. What has become of our society when folks can justify a man beating two prostrate women with a metal bat? It was excessive force to the point where one woman may have brain damage. The cashier went too far and I hope he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Not one person in this country should ever expect to walk into a fast food restaurant or a gas station or any small business that could be targeted for robbery and hand them anything over a $20.00 bill. IF that smaller business does choose to accept bigger bills then not one person in this country should be insulted or get angry to the point of becoming violent if that bill is checked. As someone who works in customer service at a privately owned establishment... if you get angry about me checking a larger bill then you can leave. If I break that bill for you... you should consider yourself lucky that I will do that because I don't have to. I do not work at a bank and I am not an ATM.

We no longer live in the world of "the customer is always right." Actually, 9 times out of 10... the customer is completely wrong and should never even go out in public with their attitudes towards people. Luckily, I have owners who make it known that I don't have to put up with anyone's attitude. If that customer respected the establishment, in my owners mind, they would respect his employees.... if you treat us bad you can leave and not come back. We have an amazing clientele that loves all of us and we love all of them.

You respect me, I will respect you. You come over my counter and threaten me with violence... I will hit you with my bat that I have behind the counter. Period!

BBM.

But she didn't have a weapon or a gun. She wasn't brandishing a weapon and there have been no reports that she was carrying one. Neither has it been reported that she was trying to pass a bad bill.

You can't beat someone who is down on the ground, defenseless, just because they "might" have a weapon. That's why he was charged with assault. And I hope this time they put him away for a very long while. He is a danger to society.

Those two women went into McDonald's ready for a fight, begging for a fight and immediately started a fight. The women were on the ground simply because one of them assaulted a man and aggressively climbed over the counter with the sole intent to continue to assault this man. This woman's partner came around the counter as well so that the two of them could hurt this guy. They got what they asked for. Too bad that the victim in this crime is charged because of that.

The women were in the wrong. Did they enter the fast food resturant with a plan to start a huff? No telling. They were the aggressors that verbally attacked and jumped on the counter to bully the worker. The worker had a right to defend himself. Still I feel he went too far.

Those two women went into McDonald's ready for a fight, begging for a fight and immediately started a fight. The women were on the ground simply because one of them assaulted a man and aggressively climbed over the counter with the sole intent to continue to assault this man. This woman's partner came around the counter as well so that the two of them could hurt this guy. They got what they asked for. Too bad that the victim in this crime is charged because of that.

Relying on my gut feeling those women had a chip on their shoulder. They wanted to fight someone. They picked the wrong person.

You jump over the counter and come after me in my place of employment, you deserve the bat that will be slammed into your head. Once you cross that line and I feel like my safety is threatened... you get what is coming to you. I don't care if you are male or female there is NEVER a reason for you to jump over a counter unless you are threatening physical harm and I will protect myself any way I feel I need to. Whose to say she would not have gotten a hold of one of the knives and stabbed him??

I have no sympathy for these women at all!!

Anyone who goes to a gas station or a fast food restaurant with anything over a $20.00 bill should be ashamed of themselves anyways. Most of those establishments are not allowed to keep such change in their registers because of safety reasons. I get so irritated when I hear people complaining about not being able to get change for that kind of money in these types of places... they're not banks!!

IMO, most people live very myopic lives. They don't even think of others or have an attitude of "You must be an idiot if you can't tell I'm honest from the first second you meet me." :rolleyes: If I'm standing in line behind someone giving a cashier crap about something they shouldn't be I'll speak up and embarrass them in front of the line of people behind me. I've been thanked by every cashier I've done that for. Fortunately, it's been few and far between. I think I've done it twice or three times.

... If I'm standing in line behind someone giving a cashier crap about something they shouldn't be I'll speak up and embarrass them in front of the line of people behind me. I've been thanked by every cashier I've done that for...

That may work sometimes, but in this case that would have been a VERY dangerous thing to do. Anyone telling them off would almost surely have been assaulted by one or probably both of them in a most vicious manner. And they both looked pretty gangsta street tuff.

That may work sometimes, but in this case that would have been a VERY dangerous thing to do. Anyone telling them off would almost surely have been assaulted by one or probably both of them in a most vicious manner. And they both looked pretty gangsta street tuff.

I take the odds of gettting killed or severely hurt into account too! :eek:

All charges dropped against Rayon McIntosh. Charges still pending against the "Lovely Ladies" who jumped the counter:

http://www.dnainfo.com/20111202/gre...ayon-mcintosh-be-freed-mcdonalds-beating-case

:)

From the article;

...Harold Baker, Darbeau's lawyer, said the grand jury's decision was "not morally justified, or legally acceptable."

"We're shocked and dismayed that this vicious criminal's charges are being dismissed," Baker said. "It's a miscarriage of justice."

McDonald's cashier Michael Joseph, 18, testified on Oct. 18 that Darbeau and Edwards, who both have previous arrests, provoked the beating by verbally abusing the restaurant's workers....

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/20111202/gre...be-freed-mcdonalds-beating-case#ixzz1fUBJGi2Y

Well that's gonna make it a lot harder for them to sue McDonald's since no charges were filed against Rayon. :great: Hopefully some people will realize that you can't go into places of business and act like an :butthead: and then get compensated for it.

Thanks for the update on this story. I'm so glad that he was found to be defending himself against two thugs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/woman-files-lawsuit-mcdonald-fight-started-article-1.1176408

Woman files lawsuit against McDonald's for fight she started at Greenwich Village location

Myika Darbeau, 25, filed papers in Manhattan Supreme Court charging that Rayon McIntosh, 32, used 'unnecessary, excessive and unlawful force' in the October 2011 incident at McDonald's.

....Darbeau also is suing the owner of the franchise, charging there was inadequate security and the store never should have hired someone with “brutal, dangerous, vicious propensities.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R
Back