OH - Antwoina Carter, 26, shot/killed while driving, police release video of crime - Cleveland, 17 Mar 2024

ssn774

Reaction score
From this video, do you think that the crime was random or the victim was targeted?

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Cleveland police Friday released video that shows a suspect leaning out a car window and firing several shots at Antwoina Carter moments before her vehicle careened toward police officers and crashed.

The release comes nearly a week after Carter, 26, of Cleveland, was killed early Sunday morning when she was chased by a suspect on East 105th, near Garfield Avenue. Her car sped right near the home of her mother, who can be heard screaming, “He’s shooting at my daughter. He’s shooting at my daughter.”

No one has been arrested, and police have not released details about a suspect. The video indicates Cleveland police officers were startled when they heard gunfire and saw the car heading toward them. The officers fired shots, but authorities have not revealed how many or if any struck Carter’s car.

The incident began when two officers responded to a call at 3:49 a.m. to the home of Carter’s mother, who complained of threats and a possible bullet fired at the home.

Police Chief Dorothy Todd also showed video from a traffic camera that detailed the incident moments earlier. The video indicated that a dark car pulled up behind Carter’s vehicle on East 105th Street and chased it. At one point, a person sat on the dark car’s passenger-side window and began firing a gun with blue laser at Carter. She turned her car onto Garfield Avenue and then headed toward the officers and struck their cruiser.

Carter’s car stopped when it crashed. Her body was found outside of it. She later died at University Hospitals Cleveland.

On Thursday, the county’s medical examiner, Thomas Gilson, released a statement that said she had been wounded in the back. He ruled her death a homicide.

“Preliminary testing does not indicate that police activity was directly responsible for the decedent’s death,” the statement read.

Targeted, imo. Especially given the remarks of AC’s mother.

I’m confused though, as from the officer cam video it appears that when the officers were firing, only one car passed. Was there a second car trailing (driving past the house) on that officer cam video?

Apparently the car that the officer(s) shot at was AC’s. Again, I assumed the video was of the first time her car passed - but I saw no car trailing. I must have missed a second car though, as police later pointed out a blue laser. Did anybody see a second car pass the house on the officer cam video?

Maybe the video (the one which included the officer firing at the car) was right before the crash. I can’t figure it out. Did LE ever fire at the suspect’s vehicle?

It sounds like testing has indicated that AC’s injury was not the result of a police action - but it’s odd nonetheless that apparently LE was firing at the victim’s car as it went by. Again, maybe I missed something.

All jmo

From this video, do you think that the crime was random or the victim was targeted?

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Cleveland police Friday released video that shows a suspect leaning out a car window and firing several shots at Antwoina Carter moments before her vehicle careened toward police officers and crashed.

The release comes nearly a week after Carter, 26, of Cleveland, was killed early Sunday morning when she was chased by a suspect on East 105th, near Garfield Avenue. Her car sped right near the home of her mother, who can be heard screaming, “He’s shooting at my daughter. He’s shooting at my daughter.”

No one has been arrested, and police have not released details about a suspect. The video indicates Cleveland police officers were startled when they heard gunfire and saw the car heading toward them. The officers fired shots, but authorities have not revealed how many or if any struck Carter’s car.

The incident began when two officers responded to a call at 3:49 a.m. to the home of Carter’s mother, who complained of threats and a possible bullet fired at the home.

Police Chief Dorothy Todd also showed video from a traffic camera that detailed the incident moments earlier. The video indicated that a dark car pulled up behind Carter’s vehicle on East 105th Street and chased it. At one point, a person sat on the dark car’s passenger-side window and began firing a gun with blue laser at Carter. She turned her car onto Garfield Avenue and then headed toward the officers and struck their cruiser.

Carter’s car stopped when it crashed. Her body was found outside of it. She later died at University Hospitals Cleveland.

On Thursday, the county’s medical examiner, Thomas Gilson, released a statement that said she had been wounded in the back. He ruled her death a homicide.

“Preliminary testing does not indicate that police activity was directly responsible for the decedent’s death,” the statement read.
IMO, this was definitely targeted. Coupled with the shooting just prior to this, the uncle's statement that the dude had "gross tendencies", and mom reporting that stuff had been going on.
So, the boyfriend or ex, have shot out Antonia sister's car window. Antonia comes into the house and tells her sister "Tanisha"? that her windows are shot out. Mom says both girls are now gone in 2 different cars.
Did they go off to find the shooter? Did they know mom was calling the cops? Why did they not stay around? Did Tanisha go off somewhere to safety? Where did Antonia go?

Per this news report and video, the 2nd officer on scene did shoot at Antonia's car. Her mother is now questioning police protocol and wondering if she would have had a chance to survive had the officer not shot at her car. IMO, she was likely shot by both the person with the blue laser gun and the officer. It also mentioned that Antonia called police an hour before the incident reporting that someone was outside her home threatening her.

These are very dangerous people (shooter and the driver)! I hope they make an arrest soon and that no additional violence follows.

Targeted, imo. Especially given the remarks of AC’s mother.

I’m confused though, as from the officer cam video it appears that when the officers were firing, only one car passed. Was there a second car trailing (driving past the house) on that officer cam video?

Apparently the car that the officer(s) shot at was AC’s. Again, I assumed the video was of the first time her car passed - but I saw no car trailing. I must have missed a second car though, as police later pointed out a blue laser. Did anybody see a second car pass the house on the officer cam video?

Maybe the video (the one which included the officer firing at the car) was right before the crash. I can’t figure it out. Did LE ever fire at the suspect’s vehicle?

It sounds like testing has indicated that AC’s injury was not the result of a police action - but it’s odd nonetheless that apparently LE was firing at the victim’s car as it went by. Again, maybe I missed something.

All jmo
The other vehicle never turned down the victim's street. Cops never fired at it. Additional info/video in article below.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back