OH - Brent Kandra, 24, killed by captive bear, Columbia Station, 19 Aug 2010

as someone asked, there are "rules" that those in this type of thing usually follow. at least if they're smart. besides safe words being used, when you are able to speak..they usually also have a safe signal that can be used when you can't speak. usually unless its someone that doesn't really care about safety those in this "lifestyle" are cautious and very aware of how to stay safe. there is a saying "you don't want to break your toys because then you can't play with them again". meaning you want the person you're playing with safe so the two of them can enjoy it again.

IMO, the choking part might have been an accident but choking people may still be saved if prompt action is taken. Apparently nothing was done to see if he could be revived if he was still face down on a water bed and wearing a mask and if there is no record that 911 was called to assist him. If someone left a helpless suffocating man to die in handcuffs unassisted that part was not an accident.

I know what you mean, but it might still be an "accident" legally. I don't know the laws in that jurisdiction.

Most states don't recognise BDSM as being a consensual "activity" since many of what they do are considered illegal. you can't consent to something that is considered illegal. because of this something like this that could be an accident is usually considered manslaught or perhaps involuntary manslaughter i guess.

Wow, Filly. I knew you'd find something. I do believe this is going to blow open but I don't think the fingers are going to be pointing at the bears.

I still want to know more about the teen who found him and the "assistant" who left him. How old was that person? Mazzola was a large man and 49--a high risk for a heart attack. I cannot believe that whoever left him didn't have some sort of ill intent.

I don't think I understood that the "object" was in the man's throat, not just his mouth. And did we hear about a third person in the earlier articles?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bed-choking-death-sex-toy.html#ixzz1SKxczaRs

Owner of killer bear found chained to his bed after 'choking to death on sex toy'

"...Mr Mazzola was wearing a leather mask and had a two-piece metal sphere covering his head. Investigators found a sex toy lodged in his throat...."

and

"...Dr Miller said Mr Mazzola had been tied up willingly by a third person, who left before he died...."

more at link

And this article says that someone was with him at the time of death:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/07/exotic_animal_owner_sam_mazzol_1.html

"....[Deputy Coroner] Miller said a companion was with Mazzola at the time of his death..."

and

"....In a phone interview Monday, sheriff's Detective Mike Lopez, who is investigating the death, was asked by The Plain Dealer if there was anything strange or suspicious found at the scene of Mazzola's death. Lopez said no...."

More at link

So, according to LE, that's that?? Story's over??

Unlike so many other deaths, LE sure seems ready to dismiss this one as purely as accident. Even if it occurred exactly as reported, something is amiss. Simply walking away from a person in that sort of position/situation equals a criminal act, IMO.

If this same scene had been played out before, how did Mazzola free himself each time or did he simply wait for "the teen" to arrive each morning to take off his bindings?

I for one, really want LE to dig into this mess and sort out all the players and their actions.....and failures to act.

I don't think I understood that the "object" was in the man's throat, not just his mouth. And did we hear about a third person in the earlier articles?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bed-choking-death-sex-toy.html#ixzz1SKxczaRs

Owner of killer bear found chained to his bed after 'choking to death on sex toy'

"...Mr Mazzola was wearing a leather mask and had a two-piece metal sphere covering his head. Investigators found a sex toy lodged in his throat...."

and

"...Dr Miller said Mr Mazzola had been tied up willingly by a third person, who left before he died...."

more at link

And this article says that someone was with him at the time of death:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/07/exotic_animal_owner_sam_mazzol_1.html

"....[Deputy Coroner] Miller said a companion was with Mazzola at the time of his death..."

and

"....In a phone interview Monday, sheriff's Detective Mike Lopez, who is investigating the death, was asked by The Plain Dealer if there was anything strange or suspicious found at the scene of Mazzola's death. Lopez said no...."

More at link

So, according to LE, that's that?? Story's over??

That's it? Considering how many people were angry with this man would make it necessary IMO to dig a little deeper. It's sad that half the free world had to hear the manner in which the man died. Even though it's not everyone's cup of tea the BDSM doesn't excuse LE from looking more closely. Thanks to Athy that makes sense a bit though about not being able to consent to something illegal.

Point blank whoever was with him didn't know what they were doing. You don't go leaving a partner unchecked for any length of time. I see now it was one of those O ring things he had on. Definite choking hazard and responsible folks would know this for sure.

That leaves us to a kid. A 17 year old kid. Was he schooled in the ways of all things BDSM? Did he get paid each morning to go "free" Mr. Mazzola? If so then this was a usual occurence.

My biggest problem besides someone choking to death which had to be awful is there's a kid involved. I know they aren't all the sweet angels we hope them to be, but he's a kid.

Maybe they're just not giving up all the information. That would make sense, right?

Filly i think you said the magic word there responsible folks would know

These facts were not clear in the first link I posted. I just checked the thread and I don't see this link:

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2011/07/15/news/mj4807166.txt

Teen boy chained Mazzola

"The 17-year-old boy who found wild animal owner Sam Mazzola dead in his bed Sunday, was the person who chained Mazzola to his water bed the night before, according to Lorain County Sheriff’s Sgt. Donald Barker...."

more at link

So, if a teen boy chained Mazzola and was present when he died (as is reported in the quote above):

"Miller said a companion was with Mazzola at the time of his death."

....and a third person was present at some point and there's nothing considered suspicious, the only thing I can come up with is that the man died of natural causes, in addition to the asphyxia. So it's OK to just leave a dead man restrained until morning?

Is this making sense? Not to me......

From Wiki:

Ohio

The age of consent in Ohio is 16 as specified by Section 2907.04 of the Ohio Revised Code. However, there exists a close in age exception where an offender can be charged only if 18 years of age or older. However in that case, it is possible for both minors to be charged as "unruly" if brought to court {§ 2151.022 (A) }.
2907.04 Unlawful sexual conduct with minor.

(A) No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard. {§ 2907.04}.

However, the preceding statute, Section 2907.03, specifies that sexual conduct between anyone under 18 and a teacher, administrator, or coach of the school they attend, a cleric, or other person in authority, is punishable as a felony of the third degree.

2907.03 Sexual battery.

(A) No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another, not the spouse of the offender, when any of the following apply:

(5) The offender is the other person’s natural or adoptive parent, or a stepparent, or guardian, custodian, or person in loco parentis of the other person.

(7) The offender is a teacher, administrator, coach, or other person in authority employed by or serving in a school for which the state board of education prescribes minimum standards pursuant to division (D) of section 3301.07 of the Revised Code, the other person is enrolled in or attends that school, and the offender is not enrolled in and does not attend that school.

(8) The other person is a minor, the offender is a teacher, administrator, coach, or other person in authority employed by or serving in an institution of higher education, and the other person is enrolled in or attends that institution.

(9) The other person is a minor, and the offender is the other person’s athletic or other type of coach, is the other person’s instructor, is the leader of a scouting troop of which the other person is a member, or is a person with temporary or occasional disciplinary control over the other person.

(12) The other person is a minor, the offender is a cleric, and the other person is a member of, or attends, the church or congregation served by the cleric."

I think a case could be made for sexual misconduct by Mazzola as he did have authority over the 17 year old.

Most states don't recognise BDSM as being a consensual "activity" since many of what they do are considered illegal. you can't consent to something that is considered illegal. because of this something like this that could be an accident is usually considered manslaught or perhaps involuntary manslaughter i guess.

BDSM between consenting adults is illegal in Ohio? Or anywhere in the US? Really? Is it like those laws where sodomy (again, between consenting adults) is still technically illegal in some of the southern states?

BDSM between consenting adults is illegal in Ohio? Or anywhere in the US? Really? Is it like those laws where sodomy (again, between consenting adults) is still technically illegal in some of the southern states?

Sodomy is no longer illegal in any of the States, thanks to the SCOTUS decision in Lawrence v. Texas, and in fact, that decision makes most, if not all, consensual bedroom behavior legal in all 50 states.

There are still some states that have laws against selling sex toys and the like, and obviously things get tricksy if one party is receiving remuneration even if there's technically no sexual contact involved.

There was nothing strange or suspicious?!??? Good Grief!

I thought we were in Ohio, not Florida... oh wait... Ohio? Maybe it's contagious through the Florida defendants DNA since she is originally from Ohio? :waitasec:

Dude... I gotta go to bed. :crazy:

Sodomy is no longer illegal in any of the States, thanks to the SCOTUS decision in Lawrence v. Texas, and in fact, that decision makes most, if not all, consensual bedroom behavior legal in all 50 states.

There are still some states that have laws against selling sex toys and the like, and obviously things get tricksy if one party is receiving remuneration even if there's technically no sexual contact involved.

They have talked about making sodomy illegal again in certain places...

In Arizona I believe... it is illegal to own more than a certain number of toys that resemble the male anatomy.

So what... cops come in because somebody broke into your house... and they see too many of those in your drawer... "sorry ma'am... you have too many of those...." :floorlaugh:

Basically yes. you'll find some states or counties won't charge them if its consensual or they'll slap them on the wrist. but if it does involve death then they're a little stronger. lol i know some LE that are involved in BDSM (surprise surprise...come with their own handcuffs :floorlaugh:) but technically its suppose to be illegal. IMO i believe because its very easy for those that are actual abusers to hide behind a BDSM cloak. that plus the fact that many don't understand the difference between BDSM and abuse. understandable since many don't understand it period.

Just saying I would not want to be found that way.. any more facts available on this, (Not that we need more:crazy:) but those that may determine if someone put the object(s) in said mouth..?

I found it hard to believe he was found then left there for the friends to find him.

This sounds like an episode or close to one written for Law and Order- SVU which are based on some factual stories.

Goz

Just saying I would not want to be found that way.. any more facts available on this, (Not that we need more:crazy:) but those that may determine if someone put the object(s) in said mouth..?

I found it hard to believe he was found then left there for the friends to find him.

This sounds like an episode or close to one written for Law and Order- SVU which are based on some factual stories.

Goz

Once I'm dead, you can dress me in a pink tutu, a bustier and an astronaut's helmet. And leave me on a park bench in the Mall of America and film passers-bys' reactions for You Tube.

As long as somebody is entertained...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaLaBlackSheep
Back