OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #6

Brian turned off his phone (to avoid Clint and Meredith) and left the bar out a back/side exit to meet up with the two girls. Not only are they associated with the pings following the days after his disappearance, one of them has connections to Hilliard where the phone pinged 6 months after. Their rumored reports of knowing very little and deferring to one another is questionable. One claims to not know where they stayed that night and the other says they both stayed at her boyfriends. Both claim they have no idea why Brian didn’t walk them to their car. You can see in the video that Amber is upset and gets turned around by Brightan. I’d guess he met with them or their acquaintances around Wendy’s and he got in a car. This case is solvable.
That would certainly explain a lot of things, imo.

Brian turned off his phone (to avoid Clint and Meredith) and left the bar out a back/side exit to meet up with the two girls. Not only are they associated with the pings following the days after his disappearance, one of them has connections to Hilliard where the phone pinged 6 months after. Their rumored reports of knowing very little and deferring to one another is questionable. One claims to not know where they stayed that night and the other says they both stayed at her boyfriends. Both claim they have no idea why Brian didn’t walk them to their car. You can see in the video that Amber is upset and gets turned around by Brightan. I’d guess he met with them or their acquaintances around Wendy’s and he got in a car. This case is solvable.
I haven’t thought of it this way. Interesting indeed.

Why were the last two women who ever spoke with Brian/saw him at the Ugly Tuna never polygraphed? I don't put much stock in polygraph, but they were literally the last two people to see him at the bar. One of the girls is associated with an address next to the road where his phone pinged and investigators went to check a field over there with cadaver dogs. This same woman has said in interviews that Brian was kissing her neck that evening, which I never saw evidence of in the footage released to the public. I find it a little suspicious, IMO, that this woman was not looked into further. On the Unfound podcast, the host said he's friends with Kelly Bruce, a Columbus local who made a series of podcasts on Brian's case. Kelly has interviewed tons of people associated with Brian's case but disclosed to the Unfound host that this woman in question hung up on her after some discourse when asked a very specific question about Brian's disappearance. I think the police have always been looking for a body in Brian's case, but I'm worried that the lack of investigation on these two women and their male friends could've botched this case. Again, IMO, but I don't find one of these two women to be entirely truthful.
This is not correct. You are confusing the woman with a man that Kelly spoke with on FB Messenger regarding a photograph.

Kelly Bruce said the individual who lived near the address of the phone pings was one of the people that were also out with him that night. It was a group of med students and one of their numbers was the last person Brian called that night. Kelly (or whomever) got access to the phone records and traced this number to an address near the pings, which I think was near Lane and Kenny Road (streets may be wrong). This also tied into the photograph that was going around of 4 men - which people thought one of those men were Brian.

The two girls seen on camera did not live near the phone pings. I have not read a single thing about that aside from your comment. Can you provide a link/timestamp to this being stated?

Last edited:
Can you provide evidence the girls were associated with the pings? See my previous post above.

Last edited:
Can you provide evidence the girls were associated with the pings? See my previous post above.
There was a med student who he met with that night who also lived in that area. Pings don’t mean the exact spot someone had the phone in 2006. It is interesting that the one med student called Brian from the out of town person’s phone to come to the Ugly Tuna — two others did as well on their own phones who he met with that night. This is who Kelly messaged with but he didn’t live in Columbus and claimed it was the first time he ever met Brian. Fisher Commons has been said by some but that was under construction in 2006 and finished in 2007. It was up the road from the pings where many med students lived at the time. So between the med students and the girls there was literally a triangle of the pings. One lived NW, SE and SW of the pings. Med students did live a little closer to the pings though. CPD claimed the med students left prior to Clint and Meredith leaving but doesn’t mean Brian couldn’t have met them later on. Alleged rumors that they exchanged with Brian around 1:30 am before he reentered the bar but that is hearsay.

There was a med student who he met with that night who also lived in that area. Pings don’t mean the exact spot someone had the phone in 2006. It is interesting that the one med student called Brian from the out of town person’s phone to come to the Ugly Tuna — two others did as well on their own phones who he met with that night. This is who Kelly messaged with but he didn’t live in Columbus and claimed it was the first time he ever met Brian. Fisher Commons has been said by some but that was under construction in 2006 and finished in 2007. It was up the road from the pings where many med students lived at the time. So between the med students and the girls there was literally a triangle of the pings. One lived NW, SE and SW of the pings. Med students did live a little closer to the pings though. CPD claimed the med students left prior to Clint and Meredith leaving but doesn’t mean Brian couldn’t have met them later on. Alleged rumors that they exchanged with Brian around 1:30 am before he reentered the bar but that is hearsay.
Where did you hear the girls lived by the pings?

Geez… this was such a long time ago. So all we have to go by is his or her word. And his or her obfuscations and deceptions. But this isn’t the first time I’ve heard /read that the two girls seemed to be holding info back. It’s common sense…. if something happened when BS was them, they’re likely to cover it up.
I see no reason to argue about anything or become confrontational. There just isn’t. It’s all, at this point… theoretical and speculation due to the time line. That’s just known as, MOO.
It is a crying shame LE didn’t try harder to solve this case when it was fresh. Also MOO

Geez… this was such a long time ago. So all we have to go by is his or her word. And his or her obfuscations and deceptions. But this isn’t the first time I’ve heard /read that the two girls seemed to be holding info back. It’s common sense…. if something happened when BS was them, they’re likely to cover it up.
I see no reason to argue about anything or become confrontational. There just isn’t. It’s all, at this point… theoretical and speculation due to the time line. That’s just known as, MOO.
It is a crying shame LE didn’t try harder to solve this case when it was fresh. Also MOO
I'm not trying to be confrontational - I'm trying to clarify something that I believe is incorrect. That's important because when people mix things up, that's how rumors start and weirdos online start harassing others.

I could be wrong here, I'm open to that. But I believe the two individuals repeating each other is incorrect as I just listened to that interview and their recollection is wrong.

I'm not trying to be confrontational - I'm trying to clarify something that I believe is incorrect. That's important because when people mix things up, that's how rumors start and weirdos online start harassing others.

I could be wrong here, I'm open to that. But I believe the two individuals repeating each other is incorrect as I just listened to that interview and their recollection is wrong.
Yeah it’s all good. Again, there were several people connected who could have pinged in 2006 - mainly tower pings in general area. I was never speaking directly about her interview. Addresses are public knowledge. I just think the girls know more than what they stated. I’ve also watched the surveillance where it appears one of the girls goes back up the escalator by herself after the police left.

But I also said it’s very odd that an out of town person’s phone was used to call Brian and meet them back at the ugly tuna. I feel this is rarely talked about.

This is not correct. You are confusing the woman with a man that Kelly spoke with on FB Messenger regarding a photograph.

Kelly Bruce said the individual who lived near the address of the phone pings was one of the people that were also out with him that night. It was a group of med students and one of their numbers was the last person Brian called that night. Kelly (or whomever) got access to the phone records and traced this number to an address near the pings, which I think was near Lane and Kenny Road (streets may be wrong). This also tied into the photograph that was going around of 4 men - which people thought one of those men were Brian.

The two girls seen on camera did not live near the phone pings. I have not read a single thing about that aside from your comment. Can you provide a link/timestamp to this being stated?
I'm aware of the man Kelly spoke with, but I'm not talking about that in this instance. A fellow podcaster/friend of Kelly mentions this interaction with one of the women in his podcast. One of the women who last saw Brian, did live on the same road as a ping in Hilliard, precisely on Hilliard Darby Creek road, which did produce a ping and police searched a field by this area. You can look up public information about these two women and find their former addresses, one of which is right on Hillard Darby Creek Road :) I hadn't heard about this specific search and ping until I listen to Kelly's podcasts, but the info about one of the women being short with Kelly is from a podcast hosted by Kelly's friend.

'There was only one other way that Brian could have exited the bar that night, and it was from a back service door. Not only was this a door used exclusively by staff members, but it also opened to a construction site that would’ve posed a dangerous situation for a sober person, let alone someone who had been drinking all night'

''For months after his disappearance, Waggoner called his phone every night. It went straight to voicemail every time except one night in September when she heard the phone ring three times. There was no answer, but the call pinged a tower in Hilliard. There was hope for the first time in months! Unfortunately, the cellular carrier divulged that the rings were likely a glitch in the system, rather than Shaffer powering on his phone.

Everyone in Shaffer’s life agreed to take a polygraph test in order to clear them of any suspicion, except Florence. Reportedly, Florence refused the test because he felt he had told police everything he knew about the night Shaffer disappeared.''
1713888952513.png

I'm aware of the man Kelly spoke with, but I'm not talking about that in this instance. A fellow podcaster/friend of Kelly mentions this interaction with one of the women in his podcast. One of the women who last saw Brian, did live on the same road as a ping in Hilliard, precisely on Hilliard Darby Creek road, which did produce a ping and police searched a field by this area. You can look up public information about these two women and find their former addresses, one of which is right on Hillard Darby Creek Road :) I hadn't heard about this specific search and ping until I listen to Kelly's podcasts, but the info about one of the women being short with Kelly is from a podcast hosted by Kelly's friend.
Can you link me to that podcast?

by Jana DeCamilla, April 26th 2024

''The true crime community connected via social media groups and shared curiosities, can be a double-edged sword- sometimes standing in the way of active investigation. But overall, Dr. Lane says that the crime fanatics can motivate police officers and breathe new life into a case.
This is what we’re really looking for is too get police and pull them by today’s murder and look back to the murder from 20+ years agoSo, the true crime community actually motivates indirectly police to work on these older cases even though they are overworked and tired.
Stefanik agreed 'the more eyes, the better.'
I’ve read up on cases, I’m aware of cases in which social media played a significant role in bringing these cases to a conclusion. So, I am not naïve to that. We should not ignore thatI value the efforts of that.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoptti
Back