OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Ohio and have been reading this case, but have never posted until now.

But have to ask, has anyone identified the bone that was found if it was human or animal??

Everytime I watch an Ohio State game I think of Brian and his family. I have such a high esteem for them on how they have coped since Brian went missing.

matknee:

Are you in a position to help on this case, albeit "unknown" since you work for the federal government?

I've been checking the websites of all 3 news channels in Columbus, Channels 4, 6 and 10 plus the Dispatch but so far I haven't seen any updates about it. Surely they know by now whether it's animal or human.

I was at the Ohio State football game 2 weeks ago and thought about him nearly the whole time, walking around campus and at the stadium.

liz:

You would think by now that they would know!!!!!! Maybe it was found to be an animal bone and since that is not "news worthy" no mention was made??? However, since Brian was brought up, I would think something would have been said!!!

Guess we will both again be thinking of Brian tonight as OSU is playing a night game. Wonder how many of the students will go to the same bar after the game for before the game?? I am sure by now the construction is done so it won't look anything like the night it did when Brian was there.

I just wish for Brian's family and girlfriend's sake that there would be some type of closure. Imagine trying to finish Med School not knowing where the one you love at one time is...........or a Dad and Son who lost a wife/mother so recently not knowing where there Son/Brother is.

HOW TRAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liz:

You would think by now that they would know!!!!!! Maybe it was found to be an animal bone and since that is not "news worthy" no mention was made??? However, since Brian was brought up, I would think something would have been said!!!

Guess we will both again be thinking of Brian tonight as OSU is playing a night game. Wonder how many of the students will go to the same bar after the game for before the game?? I am sure by now the construction is done so it won't look anything like the night it did when Brian was there.

I just wish for Brian's family and girlfriend's sake that there would be some type of closure. Imagine trying to finish Med School not knowing where the one you love at one time is...........or a Dad and Son who lost a wife/mother so recently not knowing where there Son/Brother is.

HOW TRAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is tragic and you stated that very emphatically.

Sorry, if you thought I had gotten away with the exclamation points. Bad habit of mine when I get emotional.

I still have heard no mention of the bone that was found. Has anyone else?

Little:

OMG: My subscribed thread just came up with a post on this thread and I was so hoping it was good news!!!

Bumping for Brian!!

There are other cases like his that I am looking for any type of clue or clues.

searchun6.png

Texas EquuSearch will return to Columbus on Saturday, December 8th @ 9 a.m. to continue to search for Brian & Tony. Meet at OSU "polo field" parking lot at the south end of Cannon Drive (just north of King Avenue). Please call 614-645-8477(Tips) to join in the search. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS. Please help bring them home.
For more info about Tony Luzio:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503166S
For more info about Brian Shaffer:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200604275S

Unfortunately, the upcoming search for Brian that was scheduled for Saturday, December 8, 2007 has been cancelled. This was necessary due to unforeseen illness of a Texas EquuSearch member and scheduling conflicts. Please continue to keep Brian and his family in your prayers.

Please check findbrianshaffer.com for more updates.

Unfortunately, the upcoming search for Brian that was scheduled for Saturday, December 8, 2007 has been cancelled. This was necessary due to unforeseen illness of a Texas EquuSearch member and scheduling conflicts. Please continue to keep Brian and his family in your prayers.

Please check findbrianshaffer.com for more updates.

That's a shame! Hopefully, they will reschedule it soon but it probably won't be until after the first of the year now. Thanks for the update.

PLEASE TALK TO AT LEAST ONE PERSON TOMORROW ABOUT BRIAN SHAFFER. If we all did this for a week, it could get Brian's name out there more. Please think of Brian during this holiday time. Do this as a Christmas present for his family....talk about Brian and encourage one person to tell oner person and so on.

Does anyone know if EquuSearch is going to come back and conduct another search? I know the one scheduled in December had been cancelled.

Bumping for Brian....Monday, February 11, is his 29th birthday.

Bumping.

I checked the Texas Equusearch site and found nothing new about rescheduling a search for Brian.

We will be conducting a search on Sunday, March 16th at 2 p.m. at Scioto Boulevard. We will meet at the parking lot West of High Street, off of Greenlawn Avenue. If you need additional information, please contact Randy at randy85723@gmail.com

Also, a blood drive will also be held on Saturday, March 29th in Brian and Renee's honor. Details of location and time yet to come.

Please check www.findbrianshaffer.com for more details.

This is so horrible and confusing! How can a grown man just disappear like this? I just read Brian's website and also his and Alexis' myspace pages. Heartbreaking! I am happy for her that she is moving on with her life (graduating from med school, waiting for senior match day and in a new, serious relationship). It did make me a little sad for Brian's dad, though.

Life goes on, I guess. :(

Family and friends are holding a vigil tonight to remember missing OSU medical student, Brian Shaffer.

Shaffer disappeared April 1, 2006 after spending the evening at the Ugle Tuna Saloona, an off-campus bar. Surveillance video shows Shaffer going up a set of escalaters into the bar, but the college student never made it home.

Tonight's vigil is set for 7:00 p.m. outside the Ugly Tuna Saloona.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/03/29/Vigil_for_Brian_Shaffer.html?sid=102

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]The blood drive was held and were thankfully able to raise more than their goal. That was great news and it was nice to see everyone there, remembering Brian and his mother Renee.

We then gathered at the Ugly Tuna and had dinner with Brian's friends and family. The candlelight vigil was very nice (though the wind was NOT working with us). All three channels were there reporting and each gave a nice amount of time on the nightly news to Brian and to the other missing.

Randy had 1,000 green balloons to represent the missing in Ohio. They were released into the air and it was a very powerful moment. Green = hope.

I created a video for the event. Go to www.findbrianshaffer.com and it will automatically load.

Thanks so much for each of you remembering Brian and his family.
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]The blood drive was held and were thankfully able to raise more than their goal. That was great news and it was nice to see everyone there, remembering Brian and his mother Renee.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]We then gathered at the Ugly Tuna and had dinner with Brian's friends and family. The candlelight vigil was very nice (though the wind was NOT working with us). All three channels were there reporting and each gave a nice amount of time on the nightly news to Brian and to the other missing.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Randy had 1,000 green balloons to represent the missing in Ohio. They were released into the air and it was a very powerful moment. Green = hope. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]I created a video for the event. Go to www.findbrianshaffer.com and it will automatically load.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Thanks so much for each of you remembering Brian and his family.[/FONT]

I didn't realize this thread was moved from the Missing forum to Missing/Located forum.

Thanks for the update. I saw the video on his website..it was very moving.

Remembering Brian and his family and friends on the second anniversary of his disappearance tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth