OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I automatically think of Brian whenever a body is found in or around Columbus. I realize this could have been someone who drove into the reservoir either accidentally or on purpose, but it could have been foul play too. I don't know if Brian even had a Honda Civic but I just thought of him. It probably isn't him but I couldn't help thinking of him.

I think it could be Anthony (Tony) Luzio. He was missing around the time of Brian and his Silver Honda Civic is missing as well!

I think it could be Anthony (Tony) Luzio. He was missing around the time of Brian and his Silver Honda Civic is missing as well!

You're right, Tia...here's another guy who went missing in 2005 from Olentangy River Road in Columbus...he had a black Honda. The car they pulled from the reservoir looks black but it could be muddy from all that time in the water and just look darker than what it is.

In November of 2005 29-year-old Mohamed Rihani also disappeared in the same close proximity after leaving his residence in the vicinity of Riverview Drive and Olentangy River Road in Columbus, Ohio. He too was driving a Honda Civic, black in color. Both he and his vehicle have vanished.

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=703.new;topicseen

Special Note from Kelly Jolkowski of Project Jason:

On Saturday morning, September 13th, the father of missing Brian Shaffer, Randy, emailed me the story you see below, which he wrote about his son. It was difficult for Randy to write the story, as it is so emotionally charged, and Randy had his share of tragedies, and in particular, the death of his wife just weeks before Brian’s disappearance.

On Sunday night, September 14th, Randy Shaffer stepped outside his home, and in a freak storm, a large tree fell and struck him. He was found deceased by a neighbor the next morning.

Randy was a fine man and loving father. He never gave up in the search for Brian, and accomplished much, despite his tragedies, including assisting in passing a law in Ohio to better procedures used in missing person cases.

He will be greatly missed by family, friends, and those of us who were privileged to work with him. It is highly likely that this story is the last thing Randy wrote about Brian.

Rest in peace, Randy.

My life without my son Brian

The year 2006 was the worst year in my life. My son Brian, who was about to start his 3rd year in Med School at Ohio State, suddenly vanished into thin air on April the 1st of 2006. I had just went to dinner with him at the Outback Steakhouse in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. He seemed just fine, and was really comforting me that night because we both had just loss something extremely precious in our life: my gorgeous wife of almost 30 years and Brian's Mother. She died three weeks before Brian vanished.

Brian was such a handsome man with so many talents that I think about often. He was such a natural athlete and just good at sports. He played outdoor and indoor soccer and was always on a good traveling team. One thing that I really admired about him when he played a team sport was his consideration for the other team mates. He would often pass off instead of being a ball hog and racking up points. Brian was also an excellent baseball player as he moved so fluidly when he was retrieving a baseball. He also excelled in tennis as well. His mom and I were so proud of him.

After his first 4 years of college, he decided to go into pre-med. He studied very hard and was actually in the top 10 of his class in 2005. Even after losing his mom, he still was able to get decent grades. His last test score was an 86, I believe. His last Christmas card to his mom said, " You are the best mother in the whole world and inspire me to do great things one day." Just reading that brings tears to my eyes.

Brian was supposed to come out to the house and help me clean things up on Saturday afternoon. I didn't think too much of it because there were times when he said he was coming and did not show up. On Sunday night, I got a call from his girlfriend asking if I had heard from Brian. I told her I had not and then called up Brian's brother and asked if he would check at his apartment and see if he was okay. Brian never returned and then the worst fear that a parent can have was suddenly my fear.

Brian went out drinking with a buddy and they both walked to the Ugly Tuna Saloona and had some shots. They then walked downtown to another bar called Brother's, had a few shots, and then were driven back by a female acquaintance to the Ugly Tuna Saloona. When they left that night, Brian supposedly went to talk to the band and the other 2 friends went to the car. The last time Brian was seen was at 1:57 AM, which is on tape.

For a good 8 months my phones rang off the wall. Reporters were calling all the time because I was constantly doing anything possible to let everyone know about my son's disappearance. Because of my efforts, the police were forced to start sooner than they would have in getting involved. A missing ADULT is not as important to the authorities unless you, the parent gets involved. My company made thousands of wrist bands and buttons that I have distributed to a lot of people. I have been involved with the passing of a bill called Jonathon's Law which speeds up the time for the authorities to get moving.

With the help of numerous people, thousands of fliers were put up all over Columbus, Ohio and throughout other states whenever people went out of town. I did several searches and prayer vigils, and spoke to the freshman at Ohio State about safety. I also did 2 commercials, interviews with Rita Cosby, Dateline, Greta Van Susteren 5 times, and an interview with A & E just to name a few.

Keeping your loved one's name out there in the public is the only way to hopefully find them, especially if there is no evidence at all. Brian's poster will soon appear across the country with the help of Project Jason’s 18 Wheel Angels campaign. I thank you and Project Jason so much for that.

The public does forget after time, but the parents never forget. People have no idea of what it is like to lose a son or daughter until it happens to them.

Randy Shaffer, Brian's Dad

I don't know what Brian's beliefs were about God and the afterlife, but I pray that he is in Heaven with his mom and dad. I feel such overwhelming sadness for his brother, though.

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=703.new;topicseen

Special Note from Kelly Jolkowski of Project Jason:

On Saturday morning, September 13th, the father of missing Brian Shaffer, Randy, emailed me the story you see below, which he wrote about his son. It was difficult for Randy to write the story, as it is so emotionally charged, and Randy had his share of tragedies, and in particular, the death of his wife just weeks before Brian’s disappearance.

On Sunday night, September 14th, Randy Shaffer stepped outside his home, and in a freak storm, a large tree fell and struck him. He was found deceased by a neighbor the next morning.

Randy was a fine man and loving father. He never gave up in the search for Brian, and accomplished much, despite his tragedies, including assisting in passing a law in Ohio to better procedures used in missing person cases.

He will be greatly missed by family, friends, and those of us who were privileged to work with him. It is highly likely that this story is the last thing Randy wrote about Brian.

Rest in peace, Randy.

My life without my son Brian

The year 2006 was the worst year in my life. My son Brian, who was about to start his 3rd year in Med School at Ohio State, suddenly vanished into thin air on April the 1st of 2006. I had just went to dinner with him at the Outback Steakhouse in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. He seemed just fine, and was really comforting me that night because we both had just loss something extremely precious in our life: my gorgeous wife of almost 30 years and Brian's Mother. She died three weeks before Brian vanished.

Brian was such a handsome man with so many talents that I think about often. He was such a natural athlete and just good at sports. He played outdoor and indoor soccer and was always on a good traveling team. One thing that I really admired about him when he played a team sport was his consideration for the other team mates. He would often pass off instead of being a ball hog and racking up points. Brian was also an excellent baseball player as he moved so fluidly when he was retrieving a baseball. He also excelled in tennis as well. His mom and I were so proud of him.

After his first 4 years of college, he decided to go into pre-med. He studied very hard and was actually in the top 10 of his class in 2005. Even after losing his mom, he still was able to get decent grades. His last test score was an 86, I believe. His last Christmas card to his mom said, " You are the best mother in the whole world and inspire me to do great things one day." Just reading that brings tears to my eyes.

Brian was supposed to come out to the house and help me clean things up on Saturday afternoon. I didn't think too much of it because there were times when he said he was coming and did not show up. On Sunday night, I got a call from his girlfriend asking if I had heard from Brian. I told her I had not and then called up Brian's brother and asked if he would check at his apartment and see if he was okay. Brian never returned and then the worst fear that a parent can have was suddenly my fear.

Brian went out drinking with a buddy and they both walked to the Ugly Tuna Saloona and had some shots. They then walked downtown to another bar called Brother's, had a few shots, and then were driven back by a female acquaintance to the Ugly Tuna Saloona. When they left that night, Brian supposedly went to talk to the band and the other 2 friends went to the car. The last time Brian was seen was at 1:57 AM, which is on tape.

For a good 8 months my phones rang off the wall. Reporters were calling all the time because I was constantly doing anything possible to let everyone know about my son's disappearance. Because of my efforts, the police were forced to start sooner than they would have in getting involved. A missing ADULT is not as important to the authorities unless you, the parent gets involved. My company made thousands of wrist bands and buttons that I have distributed to a lot of people. I have been involved with the passing of a bill called Jonathon's Law which speeds up the time for the authorities to get moving.

With the help of numerous people, thousands of fliers were put up all over Columbus, Ohio and throughout other states whenever people went out of town. I did several searches and prayer vigils, and spoke to the freshman at Ohio State about safety. I also did 2 commercials, interviews with Rita Cosby, Dateline, Greta Van Susteren 5 times, and an interview with A & E just to name a few.

Keeping your loved one's name out there in the public is the only way to hopefully find them, especially if there is no evidence at all. Brian's poster will soon appear across the country with the help of Project Jason’s 18 Wheel Angels campaign. I thank you and Project Jason so much for that.

The public does forget after time, but the parents never forget. People have no idea of what it is like to lose a son or daughter until it happens to them.

Randy Shaffer, Brian's Dad

The letter from Randy was heartbreaking. I pray he has found peace. He was one of the good guys.

There is a reason, I know so hard to understand, but, I truly believe, a reason for the way all this has 'passed'. They all needed to be together, and I think that was given. Sad for us left behind. Prayers for all those involved.

Bumping for Brian. With Randy gone we do not hear much about any news or fundraisers for Crimestoppers. I had Brian and Randy on my mind so I had to come post.

bump.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member