OH OH - Cierra Chapman, 30, meeting ex bf to exchange items, Trotwood, SUV found in Middletown, 27 Dec 2022

I am somewhat familiar with this area.
If I understand correctly
The location where her vehicle was found is near two parks which would be dark and unoccupied at night.
(From early reports, area of Jewell Avenue, Shelly Street, and Tytus Avenue of Middletown) check this on Google maps.
MO
The closest bar is walking distance across the smaller park near where the car was found.
The Great Miami River flows along the banks of the other much larger park, but one could not confuse the 2 parks at night as the second park is across a larger 2 lane with median strip roadway. A different direction entirely.
Even though the larger park along the river is a walking/hiking biking trail, at dark it is a desolate area.
My theory is unfortunately centered around the River.

Last edited:
FEB 11, 2023
The family is currently caring for Chapman’s son. “He wants his mom, he's used to having her there every day,” Gillard said. “He's used to being able to pick up a phone, and call her or see her or text message her. To have that just snatched away from you in a twinkling of an eye. It is devastating.”

The family continues asking the help from the public.

“Call the Dock Ellis hotline, call the Dayton police Department, just let us know anything,” said Gillard. “We want to bring this, this baby's mom home, and give him some type of peace.”

FEB 10, 2023
“We do know people in the Dayton community know what happened to Cierra,” said Johns. “So far, they have not come forward.”

FEB 21, 2023
[...]

Law enforcement carried out multiple searches, but as of February 21, Chapman remains missing.

Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact Dayton Police Department at 937-333-COPS or Crime Stoppers at 937-222-STOP.

MAR 3

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — A reward has been set for information on missing Dayton woman Cierra Chapman.

According to the Dayton Police Department, the reward for information leading to the recovery of Chapman or leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the people responsible has been set at $20,000.

MAR 7, 2023
  • The City of Dayton is offering a $20,000 reward for information about Cierra Chapman.
  • Dayton Police Major Brian Johns said this is one of their largest rewards for a missing person.
  • The reward is also toward any information about the person or persons responsible for Chapman’s disappearance.
  • You can anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at (937) 222-STOP or MiamiValleyCrimeStoppers.com.

APR 17, 2023
It has been nearly four months since missing Dayton woman, Cierra Chapman, disappeared, and investigators are still searching for answers.

[...]

Dayton Police believe her disappearance is suspicious. They held several major searches involving volunteers from EquuSearch, the Ohio Search and Rescue Team, and other law enforcement agencies, but nothing turned up.

[...]

Maj. Johns also said they do have persons of interest, but there is nothing concrete to make an arrest.

If you know something that could help bring Cierra Chapman home, you can make an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (937)-222-STOP. You can also contact the Dock Ellis Foundation at (888)-222-6050 or click here.

Recent article and thought I'd post in Ohio's missing site: Possible its Cierra?

This would not be Cierra after all. moo

JUL 13, 2023
[...]

Jasmine Ellis, CEO and Founder of the Dock Ellis Foundation said, “The media can work better in helping push a positive story. There’s, oftentimes, that you will see somebody reported missing and it’s you know, mother reports son missing, mother believes that son is missing, and then a day later, here comes their criminal record.”

Jasmine, along with Hjordis Ellis, are the co-founders of the Dock Ellis Foundation.

“Everyone deserves the same exact type of attention. If I’m going to give it to little Johnny over here that lives in Beverly Hills that comes up missing, then we need to give the same treatment to little Susie that lives over here in South Central LA when she comes up missing,” Hjordis Ellis said.

[...]

As the search for Cierra Chapman continues, her family and friends have appreciated the local media coverage.

“They kept the story alive. They kept people informed on what was going on. And, we want to keep that, we don’t want it to die down,” Gilliard said.

[...]

JUL 26, 2023

"We do have leads," Dayton Police discuss missing woman, six months after her disappearance

Thursday, July 27, marks six months since Cierra Chapman disappeared.

“Not knowing is rough,” said her Aunt Sandra Roundtree.

Dayton 24/7 Now’s Mamie Bah asked, “Six months later, how do you keep hope alive?”

“Trying to keep that alive is hard for us, not knowing what is going on, what’s happened to her,” answered Roundtree.

Yeah, I live in Middletown (I usually say Cincinnati, because no one has heard of Middletown), and Trotwood is a ways away. The articles I've read haven't said where they found the car. If someone dumped it here to get rid of it, they had to have someone drive them back, there isn't a bus or any kind of public transportation between Middletown and Trotwood.
Maybe they can check Uber, Lyft, etc.?

JUL 26, 2023
[...]

“Has her ex-boyfriend been cooperative?” Bah asked.

“We did ask him to come in for an interview and he failed to come in for an interview,” said Maj. Johns.

There have been multiple searches including with Texas EquuSearch, the Dayton Police Department, and the Dock Ellis Foundation, which has been supporting the family.

“It’s very emotional up and down like a roller coaster, anytime they find remains or a body, the family is hoping to find her but don’t want to find her that way, waiting or not knowing is the hardest part,” said Michelle McCown-Luster with the Dock Ellis Foundation.

[...]

Thursday, Dayton Police Department said they are continuing to investigate who is responsible for the disappearance of Cierra Chapman.

Dayton Police Major Brian Johns previously told News Center 7 that her disappearance was ‘suspicious’ and appeared “well planned out.”

“No phone contact with her, we don’t have any financial records, where she had used any money, which is very, very odd,” Johns said.

OCT 26, 2023
  • Ten months after her disappearance, investigators are still searching for Cierra Chapman.
  • She was last seen leaving her ex-bf’s apt in Trotwood on 12/27/22 around 4:30 a.m.
  • She and her ex-bf had allegedly been exchanging personal items.
  • Cierra’s family reported her missing on 12/29/22.
  • On 1/6/23, Cierra’s silver 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV was found in Middletown.
  • LE said there was no reason for her to be in that area, and they did not find any evidence in the car.
  • There is a $20,000 reward for information leading to her recovery or information that leads to the identification, arrest and conviction of those responsible for her disappearance.
  • Tips can be submitted anonymously by contacting Crime Stoppers at 937-222-STOP or by clicking here.

You never know if this will aid LE at all, but if the right person would see it and would contact them it would be worth it:

DAYTON — A new billboard has been made to help in the search for a missing Dayton woman.

News Center 7 reported that Cierra Chapman was last seen in the early morning hours on Dec. 27, 2022, leaving her ex-boyfriend’s apartment, Dayton Police said.

Investigators hope a digital billboard on Shoup Mill Road by SVG Motors will help bring Chapman home.

It also has a picture of Marilyn McCown, who has been missing since 2001.

A reward of up to $20,000 is being offered for information that leads to the recovery of Chapman and information that leads to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible.

Anyone with information on Chapman’s whereabouts should contact the Dayton Police Department at (937) 333-COPS (937-333-2677) or Crime Stoppers at (937) 222-STOP.

A candlelight vigil will be held at the 600 block of Shoup Mill Road at Sinclair Park on Saturday, Nov. 11, starting at 2:30 p.m. and ending at 4:30 p.m.

1699582684750.png

Mom speaks out "I just want my baby home" (video at link)

DAYTON — A local mom has been missing for a year, and now her mother is speaking out for the first time about the search for her daughter.

Kelly Vann looks at photos of her daughter Cierra Chapman all the time.

“Cierra is a kind, caring person. Cierra would give her life and her right arm to help anybody she could help,” Vann said.

<and> BBM

Chapman’s 31st birthday is Sunday.

Her mother said she loved celebrating her birthday and celebrating with her sister in Cincinnati.

Instead of celebrating her birthday with her daughter this weekend, Vann will be attending a candelight vigil in her honor.

A candelight vigil will be held on Nov. 11 from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at Sinclair Park in Dayton.

I read that she was seen around J-Rocks bar on Tytus and her car was found down the road from there in the area of BCB Complex/Dixie Heights Park. J-Rocks website states the close at 2:30 am and her car was seen leaving the apartment complex at 4:30 am. Was she seen at that bar that night she went missing? I'm kinda confused as to when she was seen at the bar. Did she go to the bar, then drive to her exes apartment? If surveillance is showing when her vehicle left the apartments, when does it show her entering the apartments? Why would she go to Middleton to the bar, drive up to Trotwood, then drive back to Middleton? How long was her vehicle parked on Jewell Ave before it was reported?

What is the ex-boyfriends name? What apartment was she at? I would totally understand police withholding information if they knew it was a homicide, but as of now, she's missing. You would think they would release all information in the hopes of finding her. Why the secrecy? Why aren't they releasing any of their "leads" instead of regurgitating the same information that's already known?

My heart breaks for this family and I hope they get answers sooner rather than later. Maybe if a little more information was released, she could be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back