OH OH - Cincinnati, 'Broadway Doe', WhtMale 20-30, UP7739, scars, clothes, watch, Oct'88

I wonder what the cause of death was for him? Suicide? Murder (pushed down stairs)? Accident ( maybe he was homeless and trying to get warm in the building but was unfamiliar with the building and the stair well was dark or something and so he fell)? Or maybe he was drunk or high and that impaired him so he fell down the stairs? He may have just entered the building randomly and not known where he was? I haven't read of toxicology results from this case.

He could also have been killed by a blow to the head elsewhere and someone put him at the bottom of the stair case to make it look like it was a fall? From looking up this address it appears to have been and probably still is apartments. He obviously had no documented connection to the building and could have just wandered in at random but is it possible he had some connection to someone in the building and they didn't speak up even if it was an accidental or self inflicted death because they feared it would lead to problems for them?

The only new thing I notice is that the Ohio attorney general's office lists him under Unsolved Homicides. It seems likely to me that he was associated with somebody in the building, but that person didn't admit it to LE. But that's just a guess on my part.

Current links and stuff:

Doenetwork: 3144UMOH

Ohio AG's site: Doe, #1996 - Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost

NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). Caution--the photo isn't a post mortem but the reconstruction still looks pretty dead.

Current exclusions. I think it's the same as was posted before.

MP5617 Steven Bunch 12/28/1985 Kenton KY

MP10787 Jeffrey Coonradt 12/20/1987 Monterey CA

MP23568 John Hale 11/26/1978 Franklin OH

MP7926 Scott Hilbert 03/13/1988 Clermont OH

MP11759 Brian Hooks 09/24/1988 Florence SC

MP23987 David Rhodes 06/19/1988 Broward FL

MP6708 Virgil Tackett 06/11/1986 Skagway Yakutat Angoon AK

MP4523 Ronald Tammen 04/19/1953 Butler OH

MP3221 Ronald Vonderheide 05/05/1987 Clermont OH

MP9296 Jimmy Whitfield 03/07/1987 Oconee SC

Oh wow, I lived a few doors down from this exact address during my time in Cincinnati and I've never heard about this. Where Broadway Doe was found is in Over-the-Rhine, particularly the arts neighborhood now referred to as Pendleton , and just a block away from what would be considered The Banks (aka downtown riverfront area). Many people will say it was an especially rough part of town in those days. Also worth mentioning that '88 was a huge year for Greater Cincinnati, so the population was booming. I wish we had any info on how Broadway Doe died. :-(

Oh wow, I lived a few doors down from this exact address during my time in Cincinnati and I've never heard about this. Where Broadway Doe was found is in Over-the-Rhine, particularly the arts neighborhood now referred to as Pendleton , and just a block away from what would be considered The Banks (aka downtown riverfront area). Many people will say it was an especially rough part of town in those days. Also worth mentioning that '88 was a huge year for Greater Cincinnati, so the population was booming. I wish we had any info on how Broadway Doe died. :-(

Yeah, there really isn't much.

Post #2 quotes an article that's no longer available. It refers to "the head injury that killed him." Since the Ohio attorney general's website lists his case under "unsolved homicides," we can probably rule out that he intentionally threw himself down the stairwell.

Cases submitted to investigators.

In 1988, Lyndon Howard Fuller jumped from a third-story hospital window in Berwick, Nova Scotia, and ran away. About a month later, an unidentified male was found deceased at the bottom of a stairwell in Cincinnati, Ohio with a good amount of scars. I think there's a good chance these two are the same.

Important Considerations:

Are the unidentified's scars consistent with a fall from three-stories a month prior?

The unidentified has no expression, while the missing has a smile with his mouth open, and flared nostrils.

The unidentified's photo was taken with his head tilted back from the camera, looking up the brow and nose, making the eyebrows appear thicker when compared to the missing's photo.

While both have brown hair, the unidentified's hair appears darker. This can be due to the condition of the hair, and lighting. The missing runaway may have also altered his hair style, and color.

Both have blue eyes, but it's difficult to make a fair comparison given each photo. In the missing's photo his eyes aren't illuminated, while the unidentified's eyes were created by an artist. I suspect trauma to the face as the eyebrows were also digitally modified (mirrored).

Given some of these considerations, I included an altered side-by-side, factoring out hair and eyes.

lyndon-fuller.jpg

Missing Lyndon Howard Fuller
Canada's Missing | Case details
CANADA - Canada - Lyndon Fuller, 22, Berwick, NS, 25 Nov 1988

Cincinnati, OH Unidentified (NamUs #UP7739):
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
Cases submitted to investigators.

In 1988, Lyndon Howard Fuller jumped from a third-story hospital window in Berwick, Nova Scotia, and ran away. About a month later, an unidentified male was found deceased at the bottom of a stairwell in Cincinnati, Ohio with a good amount of scars. I think there's a good chance these two are the same.

Important Considerations:

Are the unidentified's scars consistent with a fall from three-stories a month prior?

The unidentified has no expression, while the missing has a smile with his mouth open, and flared nostrils.

The unidentified's photo was taken with his head tilted back from the camera, looking up the brow and nose, making the eyebrows appear thicker when compared to the missing's photo.

While both have brown hair, the unidentified's hair appears darker. This can be due to the condition of the hair, and lighting. The missing runaway may have also altered his hair style, and color.

Both have blue eyes, but it's difficult to make a fair comparison given each photo. In the missing's photo his eyes aren't illuminated, while the unidentified's eyes were created by an artist. I suspect trauma to the face as the eyebrows were also digitally modified (mirrored).

Given some of these considerations, I included an altered side-by-side, factoring out hair and eyes.

View attachment 495969

Missing Lyndon Howard Fuller
Canada's Missing | Case details
CANADA - Canada - Lyndon Fuller, 22, Berwick, NS, 25 Nov 1988

Cincinnati, OH Unidentified (NamUs #UP7739):
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
The ears look very different to me.

Ruleouts as of 2 December 2017:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Steven Bunch 1959 Kentucky
Jeffrey Coonradt 1960 California
John Hale 1950 Ohio
Scott Hilbert 1969 Ohio
Brian Hooks 1966 South Carolina
David Rhodes 1963 Florida
Virgil Tackett 1968 Alaska
Ronald Tammen 1933 Ohio
Ronald Vonderheide 1964 Ohio
Jimmy Whitfield 1957 South Carolina

No additional exclusions.

The ears look very different to me.
Indeed they do, especially the right earlobe. The unidentified's photo is photoshopped. The condition of the unidentified's head is not known but much of the face seems to be altered.

Last edited:
219DMNS - Lyndon Howard Fuller has another photo of Lyndon Fuller where his overbite looks much more pronounced than the UID. I don't think the closed mouth would be enough to cover it.
Very good point. I would suspect that the artist would have easily noticed this as they reconstructed his face, but maybe his head injuries were much too significant..? That's the best I can come up with but I agree with you.

I'd also expect it to be mentioned in the unidentified's case file..

Last edited:
Very good point. I would suspect that the artist would have easily noticed this as they reconstructed his face, but maybe his head injuries were much too significant..? That's the best I can come up with but I agree with you.

I don't think it rules the match out. There's a lot going for it.

This UID was found deceased in October of 1988. Lyndon went missing in November of 1988, so it can't be a match.

This thread was intriguing! It was a really good theory and I'm glad you submitted it. Someone may see this post and uncover the man's real identity because of this info. You also provided vital information specifically the exclusions. Keep doing you :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
-nyx-
Back