OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

Clermont County chief prosecutor David Gast, said this was the worst crime he'd seen in his career.

He said Doerman lined up the boys, ages 3, 4 and 7, at their home and executed them with a rifle. Gast said one of the boys tried to flee into a field, but Doerman "hunted" him down, brought him back to the house in Monroe Township, Ohio, and killed him.
The boy’s mother was shot in the hand in an attempt to save her sons, the prosecutor said.

“The trauma this man has inflicted … is unspeakable,” Gast said. ”The evil horror of what we know is impossible to process.
Gast asked for, and was granted by Judge Jason Nagel, a $20 million bond.

"He was their world," Gast said. "He was their guardian and he executed them in cold blood."
*omg, how horrible.
I feel for the Medics and EMTs who responded to the scene. I just can’t even imagine.

All emergency responders carry scenes with us that replay in our heads. No amount of counseling or debriefing will remove them.

That has to be the absolute worst.
I feel for you so much. I really do. My son in law is Captain of his fire station and an EMT so he’s always the first one in. My daughter has called me in tears because he really broke down after he had to pick up a dead toddler cause someone backed over his head. Neither of them will forget it. They are scarred.

If I had to guess, I'd say to punish the mother. If he'd wanted to kill her, he wouldn't have left her alive. He wanted her to watch him kill them in front of her, and her be unable to stop him. The cruelty and the suffering all four of the victims endured was the point.

Does Ohio have the DP? Because if it does, there's no way I can see this not qualifying.

MOO
This is absolutely it.

His reaction in this video is - I lack words. His demeanor lacks any emotion whatsoever. "I ain't gonna hurt nobody" - WTH?
He seems cool as a cucumber, directly after executing his own three sons?

There's a large-ish blood(?)stain on the upper right back of the killer's T-shirt, I wonder if the boy who ran struggled with the murderer and they fell on one of the other kids ?
As in, he murdered one or two and the monster dragged the third one back and then killed him ?

Vile.
Atrocious.
Nauseating.

Most would give their lives for their children without thinking about it.
And iirc, the teen girl who ran was his stepdaughter ?
So these three precious babies were his own flesh and blood ?

This poison needs to be put down forever !
Imo.

If I had to guess, I'd say to punish the mother. If he'd wanted to kill her, he wouldn't have left her alive. He wanted her to watch him kill them in front of her, and her be unable to stop him. The cruelty and the suffering all four of the victims endured was the point.

Does Ohio have the DP? Because if it does, there's no way I can see this not qualifying.

MOO
I wonder if at some point she wanted to leave him, and he began planning his 'revenge' ?
If so -- I don't blame her one bit !
She discovered (imo) how cold and cruel he could be; but maybe not to the extreme point that he took it ?
M00.

I completely agree.

I was thunderstruck at his complete nonchalance, and the “good ol’ boy” rapport he was trying to establish with the police. Giving “friendly” advice about his dog; no emotion, calm when saying he won’t hurt anyone.

I look at this man and he just looks like a man. A man who should have been celebrating Father’s Day soon with his boys.

To think that he planned it, to think that he hunted one of the boys down, it’s unfathomable.

His defense lawyer had best not try to say that his confession was false. The wife was there, the daughter as well—-his guilt is a known fact.

Death penalty sounds good to me.

JMO
And I think he was the one telling his dog to get his butt inside. Wth? Like it’s nothing and he’s just trying to corral his dog.

I am a tad surprised nobody here questions the perpetrator's sanity. I mean someone who murders calmly his children, one by one, and then behaves like nothing happened might be severely mentally ill. As in his picture of reality is warped so badly he thinks this horrible murder was the right thing to do. I think he should undergo extensive psychiatric evaluation.

Clermont County's chief prosecutor of Municipal Court, David Gast, said during Doerman's arraignment Friday that one of the boys tried to flee into a nearby field but Doerman “hunted” his son down and brought him back to their home before killing him.

EDITED- I see this was answered already. Thank you

What did he say at the end?

Last edited:
There’s a go fund me. Not far off its target. Photo of a young blonde girl with the boys, I assume their sister.

I would also question his sanity. But there must be a lot more to this which will come out eventually

RIP lovely little boys

I am a tad surprised nobody here questions the perpetrator's sanity. I mean someone who murders calmly his children, one by one, and then behaves like nothing happened might be severely mentally ill. As in his picture of reality is warped so badly he thinks this horrible murder was the right thing to do. I think he should undergo extensive psychiatric evaluation.

I think he should undergo something, but it's against TOS for me to say what.

Clearly that’s the case. No rational Dad executes his little boys three days before Father’s Day. I was shocked by his nonchalant demeanor. Worried about his dog, reassuring LE he’s not going to hurt anyone, making sure his wallet gets secured. That’s unexpected to say the least, he was so calm. Didn’t seem under the influence, wasn’t making weird statements.

Was Mom in the house when LE arrived and he was sitting on the porch? I hear her, but can’t tell where she is?

I agree with you that he certainly needs a psych eval. I wonder if he's had treatment in the past. I feel as if he has exhibited strange behavior before... particularly since he reported "planning" this.

ETA: Anyone know where he was employed? It would be interesting to hear from coworkers and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gknows
Back