OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

Same here. No compassion for this guy. He was controlling and evil. Knew full well what he was doing. "I just got so angry that I couldn't control myself because I'm mentally ill" is not a defense I would fall for. We don't like to admit that some people are just very mean for the sake of being mean, and they enjoy seeing others in terror and pain, but they do exist. I'm usually not in favour of the death penalty, but in this case it is warranted in my opinion.
I agree. I understand that mental health is a problem, but I think that we need to be able to hold people responsible for their choices unless they're literally having delusions and don't know what's real. Sounds like that wasn't Chad. Mental health issues are always going to pop up, and as we can't guarantee that every single one of those cases will seek help, we sometimes need to be able to deal with the problem after the act occurs. We can't be expected to know every single family annihilator before they perform the annihilation.

I agree. I understand that mental health is a problem, but I think that we need to be able to hold people responsible for their choices unless they're literally having delusions and don't know what's real.

All I say is he should be thoroughfully examined by a psychiatrist before the trial, to exclude the possibility he was unable to recognize reality. If he is legally sane then sure, throw at him whatever law has for such occasions. But check his sanity first.

Last updated 7:53 PM, Jul 14, 2023

Editor's Note: This story contains some descriptions of violence that could be difficult to read.

"The defendant made multiple statements to law enforcement, such as 'I did it. Take me to jail.', 'I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have shot [redacted] and them.' The defendant also gave a statement during an audio and video recorded interview, during which he admitted to having been thinking about shooting his sons since October," reads the document.

Editor's Note: This story contains some descriptions of violence that could be difficult to read.

"The defendant made multiple statements to law enforcement, such as 'I did it. Take me to jail.', 'I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have shot [redacted] and them.' The defendant also gave a statement during an audio and video recorded interview, during which he admitted to having been thinking about shooting his sons since October," reads the document.
I have no idea how the mom and sister can ever recover from this. May they receive the care needed to go on living.

I can't read it, but it does sound like some revenge or grievance he had against his wife that he was stewing over for several months. It certainly sounds premeditated. Unbelievably sad.

For him to not sleep for three days because he thought he "had" to kill his sons sounds as deeply disturbed as Andrea Yates.

JMO

From your link:
Doerman allegedly told investigators that he hadn't slept in the three or four days leading up to the murders because "the thoughts of having to kill his sons was so heavy on him," the document says.

I truly can not understand this. Not just harming/killing a child....but these were his own children. He was supposed to be their protector. Why some people want to harm their own children is beyond me. Does anyone know if any hearings are coming up on this case?

I truly can not understand this. Not just harming/killing a child....but these were his own children. He was supposed to be their protector. Why some people want to harm their own children is beyond me. Does anyone know if any hearings are coming up on this case?
I can’t find much reporting on this case since July 5th. Maybe because of a gag order. (?)

This article says the next court hearing is tomorrow September 22.

[…]

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Sept. 22 at 11 a.m.

[…]

Trial date set in Chad Doerman case. It's been set for July 8-Aug. 2, 2024. He's accused of murdering his three son's in Clermont County.

Chad Doerman, man accused of killing his three sons, is back in a Clermont County courtroom where a trial date could be set today.

Clermont County's chief prosecutor of Municipal Court, David Gast, said during Doerman's arraignment Friday that one of the boys tried to flee into a nearby field but Doerman “hunted” his son down and brought him back to their home before killing him.

This is the most awful crime imaginable. How could a father do this to his sons? I can only suppose he was on drugs and his mind was twisted by them. Imagine that little boy running away in fear for his life and his father chasing him down, then leading him back to a violent death. This is the stuff of nightmares.

I hope the father gets the death penalty.

This is the most awful crime imaginable. How could a father do this to his sons? I can only suppose he was on drugs and his mind was twisted by them. Imagine that little boy running away in fear for his life and his father chasing him down, then leading him back to a violent death. This is the stuff of nightmares.

Apparently he's facing the death penalty. That's why the defense is filing so many motions. A lot of them are probably standard motions required for defendants facing DP.

Someone capable of doing something so violent to his own children must have experienced severe violence in his own childhood, I'll bet. No excuse, of course, and just speculation.

However, there was a domestic violence charge in 2010 where the murderer attempted to strangle his father. The charges were later dismissed.

Last edited:
Here are some details about the criminal case filed against Chad Doerman in 2010 after he choked his father. Charges were dismissed when the father did not appear in court.

"However, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported Friday that Chad once choked his father — in 2010.

The case ultimately was dismissed, apparently after the alleged victim — identified as his father Keith — failed to appear as a prosecution witness, the outlet reported.

The elder Doerman was 46 at the time the charges were filed in July 2010. Chad Doerman pleaded not guilty to domestic violence on July 26, 2010, docket filings show. The case was dismissed on Aug. 26 of that year.

“That was not true,” Keith Doerman told The Post. “The story was wrong and the judge dismissed the case.”

Doerman said he did not want to elaborate further and began crying.

“I can’t think right now,” he said and hung up the phone."

Indeed. I wouldn't be opposed to him running for his life whilst being chased down by a firing squad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev
Back