GUILTY OH - Doyle, 88, & Lilian Chumney, 79, Tuscarawas County, 21 Jan 2015

Scott Taylor (@ScottTaylor19)
1/29/15, 10:30 AM
Ohio Attorney General Office speaking for Doyle & Lillian Chumney Family just asked Media not to attend their funeral this weekend.

I'm really hoping for an arrest, I'd be upset if this was my family and had a funeral before an arrest. How uneasy they must be, knowing the killer could be right there with them at the funeral, mingling and hugging them, giving them condolences. I couldn't handle that.

Scott Taylor (@ScottTaylor19)
1/29/15, 10:30 AM
Ohio Attorney General Office speaking for Doyle & Lillian Chumney Family just asked Media not to attend their funeral this weekend.

I think I would be wanting any and all media. Otherwise, my family might be swept under the rug and justice forgotten. I wish things were moving along here like they are in the Runion case.

I still wonder about the motive. Who would benefit from their deaths?

This is so tragic!

Does anyone know how far Massillon is from where the parents lived, and in what direction it is in conjunction with the parents' house and where the car was found?

It also occurred to me, the area where the car was abandoned and burnt out looks to be on a fairly remote road. What's peoples thoughts as to where the perpetrator went afterwards? How far is it to walk to a town centre for example, or would they have had another vehicle, i.e. been more than one person involved? Also, the road that an eye witness alleged to have seen the vehicle at 7:30 am, I can't remember the road, but think it was 71 ... does this have any bearing on any of the other locations that may be relevant?

I read somewhere (not substantiated though, someone mentioned a community Facebook page) that the locals suspect a grandson. Has anyone gleaned any information regarding the four children?

Absolutely appalling. I hope the perpetrator is found and brought to justice.

11:24 a.m. Diane Enama calls the sheriff’s office. She tells dispatch she went to her parents’ house and they are not home. The house has been ransacked.

11:25 a.m. Enama says she was checking on her parents, ages 88 and 78. The door was half open when she arrived and the safe is open.

11:26 a.m. The caller says the Chumneys were supposed to take someone to the airport, but they did not show. Doyle and Lillian do not own a cell phone.

Lillian Chumney (Photo courtesy Ohio Attorney General's Office)
Lillian Chumney (Photo courtesy Ohio Attorney General’s Office)
11:27 a.m. Enama reports her son spoke to the Chumneys before they went to bed the night before. She says her brother talked to them at about 11:15 p.m.

11:28 a.m. The caller says that her brother called the house this morning, but no one answered. The Chumneys were supposed to be in Massillon at 10:30 a.m.

11:58 a.m. The sheriff’s office starts checking with local hospitals.

11:59 a.m. The emergency room at Dover’s Union Hospital has nothing to report.

12:02 p.m. Mercy Medical Center in Canton responds negative.

12:03 p.m. Aultman Hospital in Canton reports no.

12:04 p.m. The Ohio Highway Patrol says they have not had contact with the Chumneys’ Pontiac.

12:18 p.m. Affinity Medical Center in Massillon reports negative.

12:23 p.m. The Ohio Attorney General’s Office says they are putting out a missing endangered adult alert.

12:24 p.m. The attorney general’s office wants updates on the missing couple.

12:31 p.m. Details on Doyle and Lillian Chumney are entered into the Law Enforcement Agencies Data System and the National Crime Information Center.

3:19 p.m. A sheriff’s deputy finds tire tracks and footprints on Harmon Hill Road. The deputy is out on foot.

4:56 p.m. A Strasburg man reports seeing a black SUV at the Chumney’s South Bodmer Avenue house at about 11:30. He says this was likely their daughter’s vehicle.

5:22 p.m. A caller tells dispatch she was out at about 5:50 a.m. and noticed footprints around her house and vehicle. The prints then go towards the Chumney’s house.

http://fox8.com/2015/01/30/caller-r...trasburg-man-being-elderly-couple-found-dead/

Per google maps, it looks like Massillon is 15 miles north of the home and a 23 minute drive. The car and the Chumney's were found 21 miles south of their home and the Interstate was 77. The media link I posted above illustrates that the interstate siting was false (and was reported as being northbound when the couple obviously travelled south).

Police release call records in Chumney case http://shar.es/1oXuLu

DeWine: Officials pursue new leads in Chumney killings http://ohne.ws/1Ce8okn via @coshtribune

"The Chumneys were found dead Thursday in their torched 1986 Pontiac Parisienne on Township Road 244 in Bakersville, about 40 miles southeast of Strasburg."

884ff3bf-f65e-449d-a37f-a0de8ef8434a_zps9sta84tf.jpg

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/sto...sought-information-chumney-slayings/22643225/

Authorities are searching for an individual they believe may have information about the kidnapping and slayings of a Strasburg couple last week.

The person is not a suspect, but rather someone who may know details of the crime, the Ohio Attorney General's office announced on Saturday.

The announcement included a photo of the person in a convenience store, as well as a photo of a van the person was seen driving.

c7ccce22-7029-4c41-b93d-6307e2850544_zpss6mrxiri.jpg

Pretty strange to read/view some of the pics and posts. Robert Clark even has "ministry credential" (buy-online-course kind).

That Robert Clark on his facebook profile has this link:

https://www.facebook.com/TuscarawasCountySheriff

Maybe he was keeping tabs on the police.
Now his face is plastered on that link for the County Sheriff!!

https://www.facebook.com/Tuscarawas...0155662069238/780154962069308/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/TuscarawasCountySheriff/posts/780155662069238

This is such great news. I hope they catch Robert Clark soon. It sounds, from the scanner, that they are closing in on him!

I'm so relieved to see that there has been an arrest and another one coming.

I still wonder about the motive. Who would benefit from their deaths?

I don't think because someone may benefit later on financially means they are the murderers. Every time someone dies or is even murdered of course most family members may benefit somehow later down the road. If that truly was a factor then murderers would never murder someone they don't know and we know all too well that isn't the case.

But we are seeing a rash of very violent crimes recently on the elderly and these crimes are being done by strangers.

I haven't read all the latest articles yet and just saw the header that they have caught one suspect and looking for another.

I imagine this is going to be robbery motive and a home invasion and they silenced this couple to keep them from being able to tell anyone.

It never made me feel like the family was involved.

Me too! So now what was the motive?

They were caught by items they stole, so I'm guessing robbery. My biggest question, is why target the Chumneys? How'd they know them? Surely they didn't just pick a house at random.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back