Identified! OH - Hebron, WhtFem 561UFOH, 25-40, behind I-70 truck stop, Apr'90 - Patrice Corley

I can't remember if we are allowed to post the postmortem pic of the UIDS on here so I will just post the link that someone had posted back in 2010.

Warning: Postmortem Photo at Link
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/Carlkopp90245/Side-By-Side%20Comparisons/UIDANDFEDYSHYN.jpg

Where the face shape and other features of the UID and Gloria look similar, look at some of the freckles and moles on her face.. they don't match up.

I haven't heard back from the Licking County Coroners office about the possible match of Stephanie Grant or Ashley Reed that I submitted last week, I may give her a call just for a followup to see if she was able to get any more information on Stephanie Grant; she was only listed on Charley Project, and doesn't have a profile in NamUs.

Her top front teeth are.. I have the link above. You can click on it.

Oh okay thanks. I had a potential match in mind but her teeth are very, very different.

Your side-by-side with Gloria looks unbelievably close. I'm wondering if those whitish spots (moles?) look more prominent due to postmortem effects, and wouldn't have been as noticeable in life.

There are 73 names on the ruleouts list (https://identifyus.org/cases/4768). Gloria Fedyshyn isn't on the list, but since she's Canadian, she probably wouldn't be included.

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Fawn Abell 1969 Oklahoma
Ellen Akers 1966 Florida
Melissa Alaniz 1974 Texas
Angela Ambrocio 1967 Florida
Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
Gina Brooks 1975 Missouri
Peggy Case 1960 Utah
Debra Cole 1969 Indiana
Patricia Colyer 1948 Washington
Cynthia Coon 1956 Michigan
Barbara Cotton 1965 North Dakota
Rebecca Crist 1962 Virginia
Eva Debruhl 1962 South Carolina
Patricia Faulkner 1942 Georgia
Wendy Felton 1971 Indiana
Melanie Flynn 1952 Kentucky
Margaret Fox 1960 New Jersey
Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
Shannon Green 1969 Kentucky
Linda Grimm 1961 California
Jamie Grissim 1955 Washington
Clara Grunst 1963 Missouri
Joan Hall 1966 Oregon
Margaret Holst 1958 Nebraska
Frankie Hurst 1963 South Carolina
Rebecca Kellison 1954 Colorado
Kimberly King 1966 Michigan
Charlotte Kinsey 1968 Oklahoma
Nancy Kirkpatrick 1960 Montana
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Tereasa Knuth 1958 Colorado
Tracy Kroh 1972 Pennsylvania
Vicke Lamberton 1949 Massachusetts
Annabelle Ludwig 1941 Ohio
Lynn Luray 1948 California
Aleca Manning 1952 Arizona
Carolyn Martin 1957 Michigan
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Tammie McCormick 1972 New York
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Deborah Meyer 1958 Wyoming
Christine Miller 1958 Oklahoma
Georgia Nolan 1946 Kentucky
Kimberly Norwood 1976 Texas
Nancy O'Sullivan 1959 Illinois
Jeanne Overstreet 1963 Arizona
Jennifer Pandos 1971 Virginia
Laurie Partridge 1957 Washington
Babette Phillips 1959 Louisiana
Madeline Ponds 1969 Mississippi
Tamara Porrin 1971 Pennsylvania
Kathryn Quackenbush 1964 Maryland
Deborah Quimby 1963 Massachusetts
Angela Rader 1962 Virginia
Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
Donnis Redman 1943 California
ROBBIN RICCI 1964 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
Faye Self 1956 Louisiana
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
Cindy Smith 1960 Florida
Karen Spencer 1972 Ohio
Kimberly Thompson 1961 Illinois
Edna Thorne 1960 Pennsylvania
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Doreen Vincent 1975 Connecticut
Lisa White 1961 Connecticut
April Zane 1960 Illinois

I hear ya about the C section...boy do I hear ya! This has been a major arguing point with a ME. It does not 'fit' with the MP report.
I will try to be brief but everyone needs to understand that each person envolved in the submission of a case is subjective in their review.

1) If a volunteer, they glance at the pic, say, "Nah, doesn't have the right hair, teeth, eyes, etc". They want the dead and the living to look the same. They don't. They won't. Death is ugly.

2) The LE reviewer will look at it and say, "What was she doing 1200 miles from home and how did she get there and why was she there?" (Who,what,where,why and how). Very deliberate and to the point. They don't want to be bogged down with possibilities.

3) The ME, IF the case ever gets that far will say "LE told me this is not a good match and I can't time up time and expense on a guess"...or a number of other reasons. They want to see what is in the LE report and LE wants to see what the ME had to say about scars, marks and tats. If the ME didn't say it....then it is not true. It is a catch 22.

4) Ideally, the researcher gives everyone a piece of the picture on the UID and the MP case as ONE case, as if both cases were one and the same. It is up to us to give them something to get them moving up the ladder of review. That means getting past the initial look at our case. Give them something that says, "What if I am right"???

I think I have done that in this case, as I do in all my cases and if allowed I would post the superficial markings on this UID's post mortem that got as far as the ME and then to the anthropologist who is getting the appropriate scientific proof to clear this up because no one can be ID'd by superficial marks or a reasonable set of events that brought the MP to his/her place of death. As to the nose, lighting must be considered. (See all of Grimm's photos). Also consider swelling caused by facial trauma. Then consider skin breakdown and the pitting in the onset of decomposition. Some of these markings can be separated out from natural occureing skin blemishes if one is determined enough and works long enough on enlarged and enhanced photos. If markers appear on two or more photos, start making a good argument for the ME, because ultimately they determine which UID gets a closer look.

I might also note here, as I have said before; distance is not a factor in most cases and to determine if it is or not depends on being familiar with both the UID and MP case and all the circumstances that can be found and making one's best logical assessment.

Thank you. I think things like this need to be posted regularly because some like myself may have a week or so to be on quite a bit then not have time for a while so we may not see this as well for people that are new at it.
Its very easy to look at 2 pictures and say no this or that's different but as you said they will not especially if it was a violent death. Another thing to keep in mind is many of the pictures such as Grimms look like they were taken when she was younger than she was when she went missing. Some people are like I am and do not like having their picture taken so all the family may have to go on is pictures from a year or more before.
I can also understand LE / ME not wanting to go on a guess because they like everyone else have jobs to do and are very busy so this is a good reminder if nothing else.

People we've mentioned who are not on the ruleouts list:

Frances Morales
Stephanie Grant
Ashley Reed

I was in Columbus this past weekend for my daughter's softball tournament. Anywho - I passed a sign while driving that said Now entering Licking County - then I remembered about the UID that has been discussed on here. I totally forgot I submitted Stephanie Grant in 2014 - she is not on the rule out list and neither is Frances Morales. Ashley Reed is on the rule out list now. It looked like the UID's NamUs profile was last updated on May 8, 2016.

I think I may do a follow up call or email to see if they had any luck with finding info on Stephanie Grant or Frances Morales.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4768

There may be others. I didn't scour the thread for every name that was mentioned.

A couple of others I'd like to check in more detail:

Kerry Aileen O'Brien

People we've mentioned who are not on the ruleouts list:

Frances Morales
Stephanie Grant
Ashley Reed

I was in Columbus this past weekend for my daughter's softball tournament. Anywho

Kerry Aileen O'Brien is also on the rule out list. I am unable to edit my post above for some reason.

What do you guys think of Gloria Fedyshyn as a possible match?

Doe Network:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1263dfbc.html

I thought they looked eerily similar and the age, height and involvement in the sex trade all fit with the UID. The two only negatives are:
1) the distance from Vancouver to Ohio (though if she was frequenting truck stops she could have been traveling)
2) Some reports say she went missing in January 1993 (though they still list her missing age as 27, so with a birth-date of Aug. 1962 she would have been 27 in January 1990)

I attached a photo of the post mortem pic next to a pic of Gloria, hopefully it works.

*WARNING POST MORTEM PICTURE IN ATTACHMENT BELOW*
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/Carlkopp90245/Side-By-Side Comparisons/UIDANDFEDYSHYN.jpg

I thought the bridge of the nose, the shape of the face and the eyebrows were spot on, plus what I can see of the hairline looks similar. Your input is appreciated.

Reply:

I am new to this site and have a high interest in cases like these and based on all the other photos that people have submitted, to me this looks like a clear match. Based on the things that you noted. It's to bad that in the mugshot of her you can't really see clear scars or moles on her face because I think if you could that would help as well. I also think that the post mortem picture is opposite from the mug shot meaning that the curve of her nose if you were to flip one of the pictures would match. I think you found the right girl.

What do you guys think of Gloria Fedyshyn as a possible match?

Doe Network:

I thought they looked eerily similar and the age, height and involvement in the sex trade all fit with the UID. The two only negatives are:
1) the distance from Vancouver to Ohio (though if she was frequenting truck stops she could have been traveling)
2) Some reports say she went missing in January 1993 (though they still list her missing age as 27, so with a birth-date of Aug. 1962 she would have been 27 in January 1990)

I attached a photo of the post mortem pic next to a pic of Gloria, hopefully it works.

*WARNING POST MORTEM PICTURE IN ATTACHMENT BELOW*
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/Carlkopp90245/Side-By-Side Comparisons/UIDANDFEDYSHYN.jpg

I thought the bridge of the nose, the shape of the face and the eyebrows were spot on, plus what I can see of the hairline looks similar. Your input is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure Gloria has been ruled out. She wouldn't be on the NamUs rule-out list because she is Canadian, and therefore, not listed in NamUs as a MP. But she has definitely been submitted, and IIRC, ruled out.

This was really killing me. I hope no one minds, but I called over to the Licking County ME's to ask for an update on Gloria Fedyshyn. Turns out they looked at Gloria in 2010, and made contact with LE in Canada. It was determined NOT to be Gloria because LE in Canada said that Gloria was determined to be alive past the date when the UID was discovered.

I said that I was really suprised to hear that. I thought the similarities between these two were so strong - and it wasn't from a reconstruction, but photo to photo. The woman I spoke to agreed, and said that if Canada had DNA for Gloria they could compare that way just to be sure. So that's where it stands at the moment.

Bumping my post from 5 years ago, in reference to Gloria Fedeshyn.

I'm getting an error message when trying to view her Namus page. Any updates???

I hope she was finally identified. I have been following this case for a long time..

Sorry for the double post but I was going back and re-reading this thread. I still agree with posters who feel Gloria Fedyshyn could be this Jane Doe.

1. An article I linked stated Gloria was last seen in January 1990 and not the later date reported elsewhere. Considering Gloria was not reported missing until years later, could that account for the discrepancy?
http://www.missingpeople.net/task_force_adds_four_missing_wom.htm

2. Jane Doe was a prostitute. Another article I linked said that Gloria was working in the sex trade also. Could she have migrated to the U.S.?
https://unsolved.com/gallery/prostitute-serial-killer/

3. Could there be DNA available for testing from Gloria's family even if there is none from her?

4. Aside from the discrepancy of when Gloria was last seen, were there any other factors that led investigators to dismiss Gloria as a possible match?

Sorry for the double post but I was going back and re-reading this thread. I still agree with posters who feel Gloria Fedyshyn could be this Jane Doe.

1. An article I linked stated Gloria was last seen in January 1990 and not the later date reported elsewhere. Considering Gloria was not reported missing until years later, could that account for the discrepancy?
http://www.missingpeople.net/task_force_adds_four_missing_wom.htm

2. Jane Doe was a prostitute. Another article I linked said that Gloria was working in the sex trade also. Could she have migrated to the U.S.?
https://unsolved.com/gallery/prostitute-serial-killer/

3. Could there be DNA available for testing from Gloria's family even if there is none from her?

4. Aside from the discrepancy of when Gloria was last seen, were there any other factors that led investigators to dismiss Gloria as a possible match?

From what I read above in the thread, it looks like Gloria was only ruled out when LE in Canada said she was seen after 1990.

If you Google Gloria's name, there are multiple sources that list her last as being last seen in January of 1990. I still think she should be looked at.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONF21772
Back