OH OH - James Dean WORLEY, known and possible victims, '80s-present - #2

I agree with you Kodi. The question is WHO placed it there and where did THEY get it? I think it had to have been someone who knows something. Either someone close to JDW or someone close to LE who was not satisfied with something. Maybe LE should attend the excavation so as to properly preserve evidence and have chain of custody for anything found. I would think in any case LE would love to have such a carte blanche search. THEY just can't afford the cost of tearing up an entire property and then repairing it.

Sorry, we are getting ready for the Fulton County Fair, and my son plays football so it is hard to get on here. There seems to be a lot of information that is missing. Did she know JDW prior to her (Claudia) abduction?, and what did they do with the positive hits from the dog! This week I am going to secure a excavation of that property. The house will be coming down and the ground under the house, barn and pond will be unearth and I can only hope that something will show up. As far as where we found the affidavit; my husband and I were cleaning out the garage. The property has been ransacked and there is just stuff thrown and broken all over, but we found it on a clip board in the garage just siting on top of a chair. There was a receipt for a engine that he was working on under it dated 6-24-2016, no name on it. It was just weird that it was just siting there plain as day.

Your strength continues to amaze me.
I don't post much, but live in the area. I have followed your dear Daughter from minute one when the local news alerted.
I can't even imagine going through his property.
Sierah lives on! I have been on the rides, followed everything I can, living so near. I can tell you strength has helped me grow as a person, as a mom.
My daughter had just turned 13 the day the news broke. I keep an eye on her and she is incredibly shy and withdrawn. But Sierah's life, her joy, her zest and her unfortune has helped my daughter and I grow closer. I encourage her to be more outgoing, not to be afraid, but to also be cautious. Your daughter led me to make changes in how I track my own, how to open up more, etc. I cry for your family often - you are so often on my mind. But pictures of your daughter, and her stories, have truly helped my own come more into her own - and have made her stronger. Your story, Sierah's life were not in vain. You continue to be a source of strength for so many. We are close by and will continue to be in support of all you do and anything you need. I don't have the words to express my appreciation and my love for what Sierah herself has done for my own daughter (now 15).

And I hope to make it to the fair on Monday - work schedules pending :)

Last edited:
I would really like to know who the driver was of the car Claudia got into. If memory serves, he was spoken to, and it was a car that had been rented in Delta. He said he dropped her off somewhere.
In order to have a search warrant there had to be some type of witness or evidence connecting Claudia to the property or residence of the property. I would like to help in getting more evidence to solve these cases of missing women and to see if any will tie back to JDW. Gu as I will start with an old newspaper articles in the the surrounding area. Did anyone track down a potentia rental car place in Delta? Glad to hear the property will be excavated. Wonder how many surroumdsur places that were unoccupied he could have used? Scary to think how many times I would travel up and down the roads in this area when I was younger. Someone does know more but doesn't want to get involved. Maybe they were never absolutely sure then after this they put the pieces together. Maybe the sheriff could hold a public meeting and tell the public there are still ongoing cases and missing persons and how a little bit could fit into a puzzle. Femur1295 your strength amazes me. Keep moving forward.

Today will mark 22 years that Claudia Tinsley went missing. I started to look for information and her mother may have passed away earlier this year in March 2018. Looks like she may have had brothers and of cousec an old article mentioned 3 boys. I will see if I can find the obit again.

Some info re Claudia Tinsley:

WS thread, Claudia Tinsley (not much there as of now) OH - OH - Claudia Tinsley, 24, Toledo, 8 Sept 1996

missing, info 1996: Claudia Tinsley – The Charley Project

Article Nov, 2006: Missing-persons work frustrating for all sides; Toledo police office of 2 struggles to keep up
Only two officers available for missing person cases in the area at the time. "Depending on who takes the report, missing persons may be logged in different local, regional, state, and national databases - even different computers within downtown's police headquarters." Claudis apparently was not on the list of missing at that time.

Missing Person Case

National Missing Person Directory: Claudia Tinsley - Ohio Missing Person Directory

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Adults-1/Tinsley
Claudia was last seen getting into a blue Chevrolet outside her Baker Street home about 8:15 P.M. on September 8, 1996. She was suspicious before she got into the car and asked her mother to take down the license number. She was wearing a white halter top with blue and white shorts. She had a tattoo of a dollar sign between the thumb and index finger of her left hand, an ink spot on her wrist, and a tattoo of "S/L" on her left ankle.

999 F.2d 541
Robert Scott, apparently worked as a pimp, drove trucks interstate. This is an appeal of his conviction
The group returned to Toledo the next day, where they stayed in an apartment with Maes and Betty Sims, Scott's live-in girlfriend. Throughout November and December of 1990, Scott sent Frey out on the streets of Toledo to engage in prostitution. Often, Frey was accompanied by Ruth DeBolt, Claudia Tinsley, and codefendant Kimberly Bull.

US v Ruth Debolt, (re judgment of contempt in previous mentioned case of arobert Scott. two letters written by this defendant):
United States of America, Plaintiff-appellee, v. Ruth Debolt, Defendant-appellant, 9 F.3d 110 (6th Cir. 1993)
J.A. 88. Defendant then admitted that the "they" and "them" she referred to in her letter was the F.B.I. and that "Sissy" was Claudia Tinsley, a witness who had been taken into custody and had gone to Memphis to testify against Robert Scott

I don't know if this map is helpful t0 anyone, or who made it. Ohio Highway Murders . Claudia is on the map.
OHIO Highway Murders - Google My Maps

Violent offender registry begins in Stark County, across state

CANTON
A violent offender registry has taken effect in Stark County and other jurisdictions across the state.

Passed into legislation in December, the registry applies to convictions of aggravated murder, murder, voluntary manslaughter, kidnapping and abduction and places registrants and their home addresses on the list for 10 years. Also included are attempted, complicity and conspiracy to commit any of those listed crimes.

The new registry is similar but different in some respects to the existing one for sex offenders.

Registrants will be put into a database at the Stark County Sheriff’s Office and other sheriff’s departments across Ohio. The Senate Bill is named “Sierah’s Law” after Sierah Joughin, a 20-year-old University of Toledo student who was abducted in July 2016 while riding a bicycle, according to the Associated Press. Three days later her body was found in a shallow grave a few miles from her home.

Violent offender registry begins in Stark County, across state

I’ve been following this case since the beginning and I keep coming back to it and searching for any updates or more information. I do believe that JDW was involved in more cases, and I often wonder what more could be done to find answers for more families of missing persons (that he likely knows).

A big part of me hopes that once he exhausts his appeals that maybe he will try to seek a deal where he would be spared the death penalty in exchange for confessing to all his other crimes and telling law enforcement where to find the remains of his other victims. It seems like we are getting closer to the time when those appeals will be exhausted (I just watched the taped Ohio Supreme Court oral arguments that were made in his case on 1/21/21. The judges definitely did not appear to believe his attorney’s arguments had any merit).

After watching what he said on his own behalf during the sentencing phase of the trial..... It seems like he really wanted to talk and to give “his side” or opinions. I wonder if there is someone who is experienced with interviewing killers that could interview him and build a rapport with him and convince him to confess his other crimes.

I was also a little bit curious about the DNA under Sierrah’s nails. I don’t believe that JDW is innocent by any means, but I do wonder if he was part of some seedy network where he worked with other murderers or provided them with victims that he kidnapped. I wonder if the police would be willing to submit that evidence for genetic genealogy testing to determine who’s dna was there. They could likely determine if it was just some random DNA from someone with no criminal history or if it did potentially belong to someone else that may have been involved. If not that DNA.... was there no other female DNA found on any of the items collected from his barn? It seems crazy to me that nothing new has been announced in relation to investigating JDW for other crimes since he was arrested so many years ago.

Although this list is somewhat dated, it probably contains some of James Dean Worley's victims:

Worley Potentials.xlsx

Brand new news . JDW sent a local reporter here a 105 page manifesto! She went down to interview him this week and will be airing segments Wednesday nights. A preview of one with a cold case detective shows he indeed was the last person seen with Claudia Tinsley who has been missing since 1996 and is on our list here above.

Brand new news . JDW sent a local reporter here a 105 page manifesto! She went down to interview him this week and will be airing segments Wednesday nights. A preview of one with a cold case detective shows he indeed was the last person seen with Claudia Tinsley who has been missing since 1996 and is on our list here above.

BoggLed,
Thank you for the update. It's been awhile since you posted here. Keep us informed.

That's my daughter's name on there Tina Williamson

Can anyone dig up James worley's swanton address? The duplex? I think im living in it at the moment and just want to be sure. I think im the only duplex on Lincoln. Please dm me. Thanks. Ive been here for years.

Can anyone dig up James worley's swanton address? The duplex? I think im living in it at the moment and just want to be sure. I think im the only duplex on Lincoln. Please dm me. Thanks. Ive been here for years.
I have it it's state route 6 delta Ohio give me a sec I'll give u the address

That's my daughter's name on there Tina Williamson
I wanted to say I am glad you are here, even though I am sorry it is under these circumstances. I lived your post, to show you support, but it felt wrong to heart eye that post. So, I just wanted to verbally tell you that you are supported and heard. We are here to help you, however we can.

Hello. New to the board, but I've been obsessed with this case since I moved to Ohio and saw the Living a Nightmare episode shortly thereafter. Definitely joining the chorus of believing Worley was a prolific killer.
There is probably something I missed in the many posts in this and the previous thread, but were the undergarments in JW's barn ever tested for DNA?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back