OH - Jonathan Baker charged with kidnapping and fatally shooting ex-girlfriend's 7-month old baby - July 17, 2023

Ebon

Former Member
Reaction score

53f877ce5d484cc0a4aafd4e92ebfdb8_md.jpg

TIFFIN, Ohio (TCD) -- A 23-year-old man faces charges after allegedly abducting his ex-girlfriend’s 7-month-old child, fatally shooting her, and leading police on a chase last month.

The Seneca County Prosecutor’s Office announced that on Wednesday, July 12, a grand jury indicted Jonathan Baker on charges of kidnapping and aggravated murder. He faces up to 11 to 16 1/2 years for kidnapping and up to life in prison without the possibility for parole for aggravated murder.

The Prosecutor’s Office noted that jurors "reserved the right to issue a superseding indictment for aggravated murder charges which could result in the death penalty."

According to the Tiffin Police Department, on June 27, Baker and his ex-girlfriend got into a dispute before he allegedly abducted her baby from North Baltimore and left in his vehicle, a yellow Camaro. Baker reportedly made statements about harming the baby, and the Tiffin Police Department received a BOLO (be on the lookout) alert from the Wood County Sheriff’s Office.

Baker’s ex-girlfriend was able to track his location with her phone, which helped law enforcement find him, WTVG-TV reports. Police reportedly believed he was armed because his location details revealed that he was at a Findlay firearms store earlier that day.

According to WTVG, during the 911 call, Baker called his ex and was heard stating, "Anything you’d like to say to me before I say my goodbyes?"

Baker’s ex-girlfriend then allegedly begged Baker to return her child, and he said he had killed the baby.

Authorities surrounded the vehicle and broke the back window to get the baby out. Police say the 7-month-old was bleeding and had shallow breathing. The suspect was extricated from the vehicle and both were taken to an area hospital for treatment. The infant died that day. Baker suffered what police described as critical injuries.

The joint statement from prosecutors Friday disclosed the baby’s autopsy revealed she had been shot twice and died from the wounds.
Kidnapped, murdered infant shot twice before suspect crashed into house during chase, prosecutors say

“My heart breaks for the family of this innocent child and you can be sure this matter will be investigated thoroughly to determine exactly why and what occurred today,” Pauly said in a statement Tuesday.
Ohio man abducts infant, kills her in car crash while fleeing police

Cases like this make me wish we didn't waste money on trials. Let the punishment fit the crime and be quick about it karma!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjflow
Back