OH OH - Judy Martins, 22, Kent, 24 May 1978

The ex was into the drug scene-was that widely known? Did he associate with bikers? I still can't get over that prostitute that was picked up and was thought to be Judy.

I'm in Kent until Jan. 6th, so if anyone has any sleuthing requests they can think of please let me know. The editor of our local paper is a friend of mine which might be useful in some way.

Did you get a chance to talk to your editor friend? I want to know whatever happened to that hooker that resembled Judy.

Did you get a chance to talk to your editor friend? I want to know whatever happened to that hooker that resembled Judy.

In an early post, I think I included a link to a newspaper article stating that the whole hooker story was a false lead.

Years ago when I talked to Judy's sister, she told me the great lengths her parents and brother went to follow every lead, no matter how remote. She also told me how her father spent weekends digging in various areas searching for Judy's body. Such a tragic story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still think that hooker was Judy. It was too weird that she said that Judy was better off dead.

This is probably a long shot but I remember reading about a white female UID found with a red wig when I was researching another case. I don't see that anyone has mentioned it but it just kind of stuck in my memory. I can't seem to find it now. Anyone know which one I may be thinking of?

This is probably a long shot but I remember reading about a white female UID found with a red wig when I was researching another case. I don't see that anyone has mentioned it but it just kind of stuck in my memory. I can't seem to find it now. Anyone know which one I may be thinking of?

Found in darke county, ohio in 1970 wearing a red wig and recently identified as Jean marie Melville from Wisconsin I believe. See Ohio attorney general website.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Law-Enforcement/Investigator/Unidentified-Remains

martins_judy3.jpg
martins_judy4.jpg

Above Images: Martins, circa 1978
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/martins_judy.html

Judy has been missing 37 years today.

I hope people are still subscribed to this thread. I think someone needs to check out a Jane Doe who ran in front of a truck on I-65 in Bowling Green, KY just days (June 2nd) after Judy went missing. No details about how that went down. Is it possible this Doe was fleeing from someone and in her fear ran in front of the truck? They don't provide the mile marker it happened at, so I could not evaluate the terrain on approach to the highway or the presence of a nearby truck stop or weight station she may have leaving from when she entered the highway. Anyway, the facial reconstruction sculpture is not very good at all but the description does say she had long brown hair, age about 25-35, and that she had an IUD. The slightly long nose is what got my attention, which Judy appears to have on one of her pictures. The height and weight check out. Clothing does not and the description of the clothing this woman was wearing doesn't indicate what condition the clothing was in. Still, it doesn't sound like they are really sure of what Judy was wearing when she disappeared. Her face was shattered on impact so they don't have any reliable dental information on her, and I think that is why the sculptural reconstruction is probably one of the worst I have seen. I thought it was a man when I first saw it. Kent State to Bowling Green, KY would be about a 7 hour drive over approximately 450 miles.

Doe Network 667UFKY

2474DFOH1_LARGE.jpg
667UFKY.jpg

I'm not finding a lot of info about William Posey, other than he traveled around a lot. Was he a trucker or was it due to his drug running activities?

I thought Judy had on a Wonder Woman costume when she went missing

I'm quite new to this - and I'm not sure if I'm overstepping boundaries but since you mentioned dumping the body near an exit ramp is there any way her remains could be Case #4842?
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4842

The answer is yes, Judy did occasionally imbibe (we all did back then). Once at KS, I can't answer for sure. If would be a relief for the family that's left to know where her body is. We all would. Judy was a dear friend and the last pictures of us all together was the summer of 73 at a wedding.
Thanks, dsells516, for your honest response. I assumed as much, since I'm about the same age as you guys.

I wish her body could be found, also. If William Posey is her murderer, her body most likely was dumped near a highway exit ramp. That was his m.o. He confessed last year to one of his abduction/murders and told LE where he dumped the body - near an exit ramp - but due to the passage of time no remains were found.

The morning after her disappearance, Posey drove for no apparent reason to Columbus, OH, so he could have dumped Judy's body anywhere between Kent State and Columbus

To get from Kent, Ohio to Wayne County, Indiana you have to go through Columbus. You would take the I70 as turns to I71. The body was found two miles north of I-70 and approximately 15 miles west of the Indiana / Ohio line.

No - I wanted to see if anyone thought this was viable before I tried putting this through.

Looks like a good potential match to me!

Ok, did some more investigating. Both the Namus profile for Judy and the identify us entry for the UID says DNA submitted and tests complete. Does that rule out a match?

I think that just means that the DNA has been sequenced.
When I did DNA testing at University we always said that the tests were completed when we finished with them.

On the Nameus page aka identifyus.org there is an exclusions list and her name isn't on it.

I ended up going ahead and submitting her as a possible match. I wrote for the reasoning as such;

I feel this match is likely due to the age, height, hair colour and possibly the face shape.
While it is difficult to compare Judy Martins and the reconstruction of the victims face from case #4842 I believe that the mental protuberance, supraorbital ridge, zygomatic bone structure and nose bear resemblance.

Furthermore, ahile I was on websleuths I came across a woman who stated;

"If William Posey is her murderer, her body most likely was dumped near a highway exit ramp. That was his m.o. He confessed last year to one of his abduction/murders and told LE where he dumped the body - near an exit ramp - but due to the passage of time no remains were found.
The morning after her disappearance, Posey drove for no apparent reason to Columbus, OH, so he could have dumped Judy's body anywhere between Kent State and Columbus"

That being said to get from Kent, Ohio to Wayne County, Indiana you have to go through Columbus. You would take the I70 as turns to I71. The body was found two miles north of I-70 and approximately 15 miles west of the Indiana / Ohio line. The remains being found just over the state line could have been a forensic countermeasure.

Hopefully something comes out of this even if it's just an exclusion.
I mean what do I have to lose anyways - I'm already a forensic anthropologist that can't find a job haha :p

This came in this morning;

Hello ____,

Thank you for the suggested match. I don't show any comparison of these having been done so I will have our panel look at it. If is proven to be a positive match, I will contact you further.

Best Regards,
Mary Bell

Tips & Potential Match Coordinator

Doe Network "International Center For Unidentified And Missing Persons”

I heard back from Amy Dobbs the case manager for the unidentified remains. She stated "Thank you for your email. A review of the DNA indicates that both have STR and mito profiles available. So far CODIS has not reported back any association between the two samples."

Disappointing but at least that's another exclusion for both parties.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back