OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

Seems I've missed a lot, then.

There are MSM articles saying the body was decapitated. I assume that's wrong, then.

I remember those rumors. I think a lot of the battle with these cases rests with getting enough people to be able to separate fact from fiction. The problem comes when someone says "Let the experts do their jobs," and other comments attacking speculation. Speculation becomes inevitable when police leaders hide information in a blanket fashion for more than a few weeks or months. Then the meme becomes "We have no idea what the police are doing." There's no accountability...we must trust them or the case is "jeopardized." The police department needs to hide ONLY information outlined in state "sunshine" laws, or else accountability is lost.

In July of 2012, Chief Dickey told Chelsea Johnson's grandmother (according to her) that Katelyn might have left on her own. In an email to me the Chief used one rule in Ohio law to hide 14 requests I made regarding the missing persons case: "Exempt per R.C. 149.43A(2)(c) – Specific confidential investigatory techniques or procedures or specific investigatory work product." I replied with specific court cases that invalidated his use of the rule. For example (I listed additional reasons why the exemptions don't apply to the missing persons case): "Information gathered during an investigation does not constitute work product when it is not clear that a crime has occurred, because the records are then compiled by law enforcement officials in part to determine if any crime has occurred.State ex rel. Ohio Patrolmen's Benevolent Association v. City of Mentor, 89 Ohio St. 3d 440, 732 N.E.2d 969 (2000)." The Chief replied with the same exemptions, even though it's not legal.

If the information needs to be hidden for four years, then results should be examined. We can't examine anything else. Katelyn's case is solvable. There is a lot of circumstantial information. There are lesser charges that can be filed. The Chief is already blaming other people, like a private detective who spoke to someone and sent new information to detectives, who still haven't acted. He tried to rewrite history by suggesting they processed the town home as a crime scene and declared Katelyn "endangered" when they did not. When the police fail to take control of public information or use public information sharing, instead opting to hide almost everything, they need to either get results or step aside if they fail.

I've always been amazed it wasn't solved. John is still POI #1 in my mind, but I'm always up for alternative theories (if nothing else, a good mental exercise). But I think the answers are obvious. I don't think it's unfair to be critical of LE at this point.

Dave Markham calls for a new detective.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/wlwt-exclu...new-detective-on-katelyn-markam-case/32238572

Based on those tests, Green narrowed his investigation down to at least two people who he believes know what happened to Katelyn Markham.

"Subject one took a polygraph and failed the polygraph in epic proportion, per the polygraph examiner," Green said. "It was, as he described, off the charts. It was an epic fail for subject one."
Another friend, Green said, failed questions directly related to Katelyn's death and disappearance.
[/B][/I]

Polygraphy is widely criticized.[11][12][13] Despite claims of 90% validity by polygraph advocates,[14] the National Research Council has found no evidence of effectiveness.[12] The utility among sex offenders is also poor[15] with insufficient evidence to support accuracy or improved outcomes in this population.[16]

Even using the high estimates of the polygraph's accuracy, false positives occur, and these people suffer the consequences of "failing" the polygraph.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph#Validity

Most psychologists agree that there is little evidence that polygraph tests can accurately detect lies
http://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx

I think about Katelyn Markham all the time and even though they say that there was not a struggle in her townhouse, well that pic of the blind always stuck with me. the white blind on her front door was a bent out of shape and I just don't see Dave and Katelyn leaving it that way.

I think about Katelyn Markham all the time and even though they say that there was not a struggle in her townhouse, well that pic of the blind always stuck with me. the white blind on her front door was a bent out of shape and I just don't see Dave and Katelyn leaving it that way.

I thought I responded to this, but I was thinking about the blind in the bedroom when I responded (in case it shows up). John said Murphy might have messed up the blind in the bedroom. I think that's a good point, either way.

can someone refresh my memory, is it known how many people had keys to the townhouse? obviously katelyn and her father, but anyone else? JC?

Documentary highlights mysterious death of Fairfield’s Katelyn Markham
August 1, 2015

Snipped...
...Detective Vance Patton, of the Indiana State Police, told the Journal-News last week that 95 percent of Katelyn’s body was recovered, but there is no indication of how she died or that she died where she was found. There is also no sign of a struggle at her condo.

“We are 99 percent sure she died or was killed in Ohio,” Patton said.

Read more: http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...highlights-mysterious-death-of-fairfie/nnBFC/

But didn't she have a cat? Or an I misremembering? I know my cats always messed my blinds up by sticking their paws through after bugs. Or wanting to look outside so they bat them. I could be wrong but i thought she had a pet in the condo.

But didn't she have a cat? Or an I misremembering? I know my cats always messed my blinds up by sticking their paws through after bugs. Or wanting to look outside so they bat them. I could be wrong but i thought she had a pet in the condo.

She has a dog that has been shut in her bedroom. Your theory is possible though! My dog has certainly done some damage to my blinds in the past.

I want this case solved more than any other right now. I can't believe it's still at a standstill. Get it together Fairfield LE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These blinds were on the front door and about three feet off the ground. I could see if she did have a cat and if blinds were accessible by sitting on a windowsill or sofa but these blinds we not and I never read anything about a cat just the dog locked in the bedroom also. This is just one of the things that always stood out to me and something that I have never forgotten. Katelyn was an artist and I Dave is smart and well put together. How did those blinds get all messed up and why were they not fixed up or replaced?

Does anyone one have pic? Maybe Cranky Crankerson?

Thank you Cranky Crankerson!

FWIW...

Front door:

Back door:

$100,000.00

:gaah:

Something tells me that might even be enough.

:sick:

:justice: for Miss Katelyn!

:jail:

The thing about this case for me is that in most cases I can think of, if an intruder came into the house, the murder takes place and the victim is left in the house. It is rare for the intruder to take the victim to some other place. I can think of only one at the moment where the origin of the attack was the home, and the body moved. On the flip side, when the husband, partner...etc... is the responsible party the victim is taken some other place.
That and those words.... "too pragmatic"

Timeline of Katelyn Markham case
Updated August 14, 2015

Snipped...
...Take a look back at the developments in the disappearance of Katelyn Markham. Here is a timeline from when she was reported missing to when her remains were found and identified.
Click here to begin slideshow: http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/butler-county/19704680

_____________________________________________________________________-

Someone knows EXACTLY what happened ---> :please: SPEAK UP <--- :justice: for Katelyn!

I just read all of this thread and I am praying there's a break in the case soon. I think of all the things Katelyn's missed out on since 2011 and it makes me mad. Justice needs to be served. Someone needs to speak!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back