OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

Dave Markham was joined by Florida private investigator J. Ryan Green and attorney Tina Barrett for a press conference, where he asked that the Butler County Sheriff’s Office take over the investigation into the death of his daughter.

“I am willing to take a look at the case and see if there is anything we can do,” Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones told the Journal-News today.

“I have instructed my staff to make contact with Fairfield (police) today, and we will come down to take a look at the case,” he said.

In the past, Markham and Green have called for Fairfield to assign new detective to the case, which was declined by Police Chief Mike Dickey. However, more than one officer from that department is continuing to investigate, he told the Journal-News.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/ne...J6/?ecmp=journalnews_social_facebook_2014_sfp

I think about Katelyn all the time and I hope and pray that justice is served some day soon.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...m-case-could-lead-to-arrest-investigator-says

FOREST PARK, Ohio – A private investigator says the processing of new evidence could lead to an arrest in the 4-year-old Katelyn Markham homicide.
"There will be an arrest if [the test result] comes back favorably," Florida investigator J. Ryan Green said confidently at a news conference with the slain woman's father, David Markham, Friday afternoon.

Any reason why Katelyn's thread hasn't been marked "Found Deceased"? Her remains were found two years ago.

Any reason why Katelyn's thread hasn't been marked "Found Deceased"? Her remains were found two years ago.

Three years ago, not two.

Maybe it's a formatting glitch, due to changes (I can't call them 'improvements') to this site, long after the fact... because I distinctly recall coming here within days of the ID of her remains, and it DID say 'found deceased.'

I remember crying yet again upon seeing that change, and told friends how it weirdly brought home the awful reality once more. At that time, 2013, I did not read any other crime forums. (Whereas now I rarely come here.)

At any rate, I am positive the header did reflect the change at the time. I don't know when or why it changed back. Ask a mod, I guess.

Not sure, but I THINK the "found deceased" label may have been removed when Katelyn's case was moved from "Located" to "Cold Cases". I don't think many cases in "Cold Cases" specifically bear the "Found deceased" label.

100K reward being offered since August of 2015 & yet it seems NO ONE is talking???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

:thinking:

What does that say to y'all???

Not sure, but I THINK the "found deceased" label may have been removed when Katelyn's case was moved from "Located" to "Cold Cases". I don't think many cases in "Cold Cases" specifically bear the "Found deceased" label.

Her case should never have been moved to any 'cold cases' section. Wtf? Are we certain this happened...? Link?

Her remains were only found 3 years ago. Two agencies are working the case, plus two PIs, and (by her dad's recent request) the Butler County Sheriff's Office too. It is very much an active investigation! There is nothing 'cold' about it.

100K reward being offered since August of 2015 & yet it seems NO ONE is talking???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :thinking:

What does that say to y'all???

I don't know. What does it say to you...? Rewards rarely work anyway. What is your point? What exactly are you getting at, tarabull?

Do you mind spelling it out plainly? In fact, why would you not initially do that in the first place? Gameplaying? This is not the time or place for games. Just say what you're thinking. Your coyness is of virtually zero interest to anyone. And helps poor Katelyn not at all.

There was a huge reward offered within the first several months. There came nothing of note from that. I am not sure what doubling it will do, actually.

SGS....u seem tarabully bitter.

Its pretty simple, just wondered what ANYONE makes of the silence??? $100,000 might seem like a lot of money to the right person...or perhaps not. (as u offered, rewards rarely work)

:dunno:

Sheesh.

YOU take care tho SGS...maybe try some yoga, meditation or hulla hooping...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssshotgunnn
Back