OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

Eliminate the fiance, Ellie Weik's killer, the friends and all those mentioned since August 13th 2o11. Who is left. Who else had access to Katelyn and the town house.

Eliminate the fiance, Ellie Weik's killer, the friends and all those mentioned since August 13th 2o11. Who is left. Who else had access to Katelyn and the town house.

If you are implying DM had something to do with it, I'd be interested to hear your reasoning. in the 10 years i have been following this case, i have not once seen something that leads me down that road.

Put Saturday night aside. Dismiss all those accused.

Retrace Katelyn's interactions from Friday night and the week before.

It is there that the answer lies.

I finally watched the "Still a Mystery" episode, 'Brides and Murder'. I've also listened to a podcast (the name escapes now) by a private investigator who looked into her case. Her fiancee is certainly a person for LE to look into. But the podcast revealed there are others that LE should have looked at. And now the TV show on the case comes up with Ellie Weik's killer as another possibility. I wonder if the state investigation agency could take the case files and the PI's files and get to a conclusion. I get that the fiancee is looked at, but at the same time I'm not entirely certain he is her killer.

I was trying to remember the podcast on the Katelyn's case and it was "Gone at 21" by PI J. Ryan Green. I haven't looked at it recently for updates, but when I listened to it the Ellie Weik case wasn't being considered. Green had other suspicious characters in addition to JC.

Someone else brought up the acronym DM. Don't have an understanding of what that is, but it doesn't matter.
Erase all those mentioned publically, throw away all the speculation, and start from scratch. Instead of looking for who killed Katelyn, look for the reason why she was killed. Profile, not personalize.

So what is it going to take to solve Markham’s homicide case?

“A confession. Someone walking in and having a guilty conscience,” said Dave Markham, Katelyn’s father.
“Nobody is doing anything about it anymore. I don’t think Fairfield (police) ever really tried. Butler County (Sheriff’s Office) tried for awhile ...”

Everything I could find about Katlyn Markhams case is in the Case Archive:

My money is on Michael Strouse, as the killer.

From your link:
Snipped: Police on Friday arrested a man named Jonathan Palmerton on one count of perjury, according to the Butler County Prosecutor’s Office.

The prosecutor’s office says Palmerton’s arrest is “associated with the investigation of the Markham case.”

There is more to come soon, but, wow. It's great to hear of real progress in a case this old.

They never gave up. Kind of gives me hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011
Back