OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does internet chatter affect what he does? I am missing something...
I have never been one who has put TM on a pedestal, personally; I think he tends to be unable to leave his personal feelings at the door, and do the job he advertises. But this seems foolish to me, as the internet is a source for gathering searchers, food, donations, etc...

I wonder what Marcc Klaas would say; the only time I saw him pull away from a search was Hailey Dunn's, when he believed he had been lied to by her mother. Otherwise, I think he would be there helping, regardless of community sentiment, as long as bodies showed up to search.

And I have no idea why the first frost would be a good time to search, unless that is when the water levels go down.

I don't see how internet chatter could be impedding LE investigations either. Talk is talk. Maybe he's waiting for cooler weather. Safer for the searchers. (snakes, bugs, mosquitos, etc). I live near a very large lake and the water turns over twice a year. In the spring and in the fall. Bodies float to the top at that time. This is a man-made lake and it has a dam and a nuclear station so I'm think that has something to do with it.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Are there any man made lakes around?

Somebody on the FB site mentioned something about corn fields nearby being cleared before the first frost and that could be why they're coming back then. They can't really search all that land and disrupt crops....

Perhaps Tim is worried volunteers will get between him and the camera.

I don't see how internet chatter could be impedding LE investigations either. Talk is talk. Maybe he's waiting for cooler weather. Safer for the searchers. (snakes, bugs, mosquitos, etc). I live near a very large lake and the water turns over twice a year. In the spring and in the fall. Bodies float to the top at that time. This is a man-made lake and it has a dam and a nuclear station so I'm think that has something to do with it.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Are there any man made lakes around?

I can see asking folks to look and not talk case while searching, but I find it offensive as all get out to issue a statement that if you blog or post on facebook you are banned from future searches. That statement to me implies you must be willing to give up your right to freedom of speech to have the honor of bug bites, back pain, scratches, rashes, etc. Well, newsflash - I can still get all the bug bites, scratches etc without giving up my right to discuss a case. I can search on my own.
What offends me most, is I think most bloggers, posters - whatever name you want to use, spend their time researching to HELP and this assumes the opposite. I also have had the honor of meeting many physically challenged people who can't put feet on the ground, but who want to help more than sending in a check. If we are not suppose to care, then stop going on NG and getting the public interested. How can we get the word out, if we are given the message to discuss is wrong?

Then there is that pot and kettle. I do believe the purported writer of this letter speculated and spewed a plenty on NG and anyone else who would listen.

The only way I will not be offended by this is if Mr. Miller himself tells me(via a public statement) this was posted without his knowledge. Otherwise, sadly stick a fork in me, cause I am done.

Honestly, I think Tim became so personally involved in the Caylee Anthony case...physically, mentally and emotionally....that, IMO, he's trying to look at things from a few steps back with his new searches. He was verbally abused by Cindy Anthony for doing what he was there to do...find Caylee. While she had LE all over the country on wild goose chases looking for "the nanny", Tim and his people worked tirelessly to find that baby girl and bring her home. That whole case became a circus and people and the media were at odds, as well as Cindy trying to sabotage his searches at every turn and throwing out derogatory statements in the public about some VERY private issues of his. That's why I also believe it affected him in other ways as well.
I don't think it sounded as if he was saying people were being banned from searching, I just really think doing all that hard work and having Casey walk free has just almost broke him down....again, IMO. It really seems to be a case of him wanting to stay a few steps away from having to go thru that emotional roller coaster again.
And, as a few of the other posts mentioned...it seems he just doesn't want to hear rumors running rampant during the searches.
Again, all just IMO.

And, ANJ....you crack me up...."obviously he is not gonna call me".....LOL Thanks for the giggles!!!

Wow, so that statement pretty much means no one is allowed to search anymore? Unless it was poorly written which maybe it was? So strange especially since every single volunteer could have been doing something more "fun" with their time, but chose to give up a day because they care.

I hope he is just talking about some of the people who have been openly antagonistic and aggressive?

Well, seeing how the other FB page is celebrating Tim's message, I guess this is what they wanted to happen. But then who will be allowed to search? How does this help find Katelyn,the presumed goal of all?

I'm sorry, but if I was innocent, I wouldn't care if every last person on the search thought I was guilty if it meant that lots of people would be out looking for my loved one.

Well, seeing how the other FB page is celebrating Tim's message, I guess this is what they wanted to happen. But then who will be allowed to search? How does this help find Katelyn,the presumed goal of all?

Well not the posters on that FB page either. If it is the page I am thinking of, it is a sin to point out a conflicting statement if that statement is made by the 'boyfriend'.

You know, if memory serves me correct - one of our fellow members discussed a case here last winter. We all helped map out routes the man might have taken. Discussed what we knew and based on the discussions and maps, when our member was driving past a location (a lake) discussed, she had the wherewithall to pay extra attention and she saw tire tracks and a family had the horrible event of knowing what happened behind them.

In this case - LE states that Katelyn is missing and they are no closer to solving her disappearance than they were on day one. Tim says we have one fact, Katelyn is missing. So, if they have nothing to go on, why is looking at photos, discussing places Katelyn went, etc so detrimental?

I find it offensive to imply what we do here is destructive. If he is not writing his own postings, he better reign in a type happy poster and retract the statement or clarify it as it has already been posted in MSM.

I'm sorry, but if I was innocent, I wouldn't care if every last person on the search thought I was guilty if it meant that lots of people would be out looking for my loved one.

I would expose everything :behind: if it meant my loved one could come home.

I just don't see the benefit of the director of a search org. that counts on donations taking a stand like this on a specific search. I know I won't be donating.

I just don't see the benefit of the director of a search org. that counts on donations taking a stand like this on a specific search. I know I won't be donating.

Well honestly (in this exact moment in time) I couldn't feel more used if I were a cheap hooker in a low rent brothel.

Well honestly (in this exact moment in time) I couldn't feel more used if I were a cheap hooker in a low rent brothel.

Well then stop showing your :butthead: ;)

JK... I totally hear you. Kinda a smack in the face.

No good deed goes unpunished, or something like that...

It makes me sad, but I feel like a lot of the people close to this case care a lot more about protecting JC than finding Katelyn. Such a shame. Sure, he may be going through some tough times, but she MIGHT BE DEAD. That trumps someone on the internet thinking you may have lied.

Well he said in one of the interviews that his friends were her friends too unless she has some at school. Got to be a difficult place for them to be in. If they verbalize their suspicions and he isnt involved it could be a problem . She is missing tho. Protecting him should be the least concern. If he had nothing to do with it people will forget really quick when she is found and the perp found. That should be the place he is in too. to heck with what anyone thinks. Find her. Seems like there is a strong circle of friends wanting to silence people and defend his reputation more than the truth (what ever it is) coming out and finding Katelyn.

And I have no idea why the first frost would be a good time to search, unless that is when the water levels go down.

Somebody on the FB site mentioned something about corn fields nearby being cleared before the first frost and that could be why they're coming back then. They can't really search all that land and disrupt crops....

Maybe he's waiting for cooler weather. Safer for the searchers. (snakes, bugs, mosquitos, etc). I live near a very large lake and the water turns over twice a year. In the spring and in the fall. Bodies float to the top at that time.

Thanks CLuc, Deely, and Jeannie! I think you three are right about the crops (there are lots of cornfields in OH), water levels, and mosquitoes/bugs (and other related pests). I thought about it tonight and also concluded that all the wild flowers and weeds would die back around roads too, revealing more. When I first read the article, I thought it had something to do with water, but I couldn't figure that part out; your ideas make much more sense.

What a weird statement by TM! What case doesnt have FB pages and rumor and chatter? Theres rumors all the time about the Holly Bobo case, theres a FB page that practically accuses her brother, etc etc etc , and lets not even get in to the CA case. WTH does it matter who says what? I can see if people were out there searching and making trouble, but even then, people talk.
Isnt the point of a search to get all "the boots on the ground" possible???? TM is in a position to hand pick the searchers? Im kind of bent outta shape by this.
This is one of the weirdest cases ever.
There is a young lady missing!!!! why isnt there more outcry that SOMEONE is on the loose snatching young ladies in the dead of the night? Arent these people concerned about their neighborhood???
WOW!
I guess only JC and his mommy should be out there searching! Well I hope they get off the computer and the couch and get going, they have allot of ground to cover.
!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member