Deceased/Not Found OH - Patricia 'Patti' Adkins, 29, Marysville, 29 June 2001

Bumping for Patti and thinking of her loved ones on this twentieth anniversary. I would think her daughter is now a young adult now. Very sad someone could do this, exploit an obviously hard-working woman for thousands of dollars, deceive her and take her life, leave her child motherless. Let's hope justice prevails somehow.

Today Marks the 20th Anniversary of Disappearance of Patti Adkins

...SBM

The Union County Sheriff’s Office is using the occasion to renew efforts to get information that would assist in the investigation.

...SBM

The courts have declared her legally deceased.

If you have any information, you are encouraged to call Lieutenant Jeff Stiers at 937-645-4126.

Anonymous information may be left via voicemail on the Union County Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip Hotline at (937) 642-7653.

There was a small droplet of blood found on the pick up bed cover. LE stated it could be test, but the testing would use up all of the evidence and they were waiting for testing technology to advance to the point where they could test it without destroying the entire evidence. Twenty years later I wonder if LE has revisited that aspect.

There was a small droplet of blood found on the pick up bed cover. LE stated it could be test, but the testing would use up all of the evidence and they were waiting for testing technology to advance to the point where they could test it without destroying the entire evidence. Twenty years later I wonder if LE has revisited that aspect.
Unfortunately I think they have done nothing at all but mess this case up from The jump every arrow points to one person brian flowers

Patricia Ann Adkins – The Charley Project

Last updated June 30, 2021; distinguishing characteristics updated.

• Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes. Adkins's navel and ears are pierced. Her nickname is Patti. She has a tattoo of a flower design on her lower middle back; the design is of three orchids colored blue, green, purple and peach with leaves, arranged horizontally across her back. Adkins has had corrective laser surgery to her eyes.

Trying to recall which LE agency has custody of that evidence. Let's hope they haven't lost it.

I saw this on CP’s updated cases. This stood out to me:

When her boyfriend was questioned, he said he and Adkins had no plans to go on vacation together, he had never had an affair with her and he only knew her slightly. He and his friend said they left the plant together on June 29, drove 30 miles in the direction of their hometown of Canton, Ohio, stopped at a Burger King restaurant, waited 45 minutes in the drive-through line, got their food and went home.

The boyfriend's wife backed up their story, saying her husband arrived home at 2:30 a.m., the usual time, and that she didn't know anything about an affair. The Burger King manager, however, said they were never busy in the early hours of the morning and no one would have had to wait 45 minutes in the drive-through to get their food.

While I’m suspicious of the wife too, I’m more so of this friend. Not only did BF lie about this, but so did he/she. Why? There’s one obvious answer of course. So what could they have done with Patti? I hope her family will get some answers soon.

Since she was last seen, there has been no contact between Adkins and family members and her financial and personal records show no activity. Foul play is suspected and in 2006, Union County courts declared Adkins legally dead.

Adkins would now be 49 years old. She has pierced ears and a pierced belly button, as well as a tattoo of bluish-green flowers in a horizontal pattern on her lower back.

A $25,000 reward is being offered by Concerned Citizens for Patti for information leading to the location and recovery of Adkins to bring her home to her family.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Union County sheriff's office at 937-642-7653 or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-461-TIPS. Information can also be provided at www.stopcrime.org or by using the free P3 Tips mobile application. All tips to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
$25,000 reward offered for info leading to recovery of woman missing for 20 years

Since she was last seen, there has been no contact between Adkins and family members and her financial and personal records show no activity. Foul play is suspected and in 2006, Union County courts declared Adkins legally dead.

Adkins would now be 49 years old. She has pierced ears and a pierced belly button, as well as a tattoo of bluish-green flowers in a horizontal pattern on her lower back.

A $25,000 reward is being offered by Concerned Citizens for Patti for information leading to the location and recovery of Adkins to bring her home to her family.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Union County sheriff's office at 937-642-7653 or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-461-TIPS. Information can also be provided at www.stopcrime.org or by using the free P3 Tips mobile application. All tips to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
$25,000 reward offered for info leading to recovery of woman missing for 20 years

It was also presented last night during the weekly Central Ohio Crime Stoppers Crime of the Week feature on all Columbus television stations during the Sunday local newscasts.

The Central Ohio Crime Stoppers website mentioned that a twenty five thousand dollar reward has been offered by Concerned Citizens for Patti for any information leading to the location and recovery of Patricia "Patty" Adkins.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 614-461-8477 or at www.stopcrime.org

Missing: Patricia Adkins; $25,000 Reward

Missing: Patricia Adkins; $25,000 Reward

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

patricia_adkins.png

On June 29, 2001, Patti Adkins clocked out of work and headed into the parking lot of the Honda automotive plant in Marysville, Ohio. A Union County Sheriff’s Office press release says witnesses saw her “leaving the plant in her white Honda of America uniform.” Patti, 29, had planned on going to Canada with her boyfriend for a week-long vacation. But when she failed to pick her daughter up from her sister’s house after the vacation, her family grew concerned. When family and police spoke to the boyfriend to ask where Patti was, he denied having any relationship at all with the missing young mother. Authorities say courts have since declared Patti legally dead. While no arrests have been made in connection to Patti’s disappearance and presumed death, her then-boyfriend is considered the primary suspect in the case. In August 2021, it was announced that a $25,000 reward was being offered by Concerned Citizens for Patti for information leading to her location. If you have any information on the circumstances surrounding Patti’s case, please call Lt. Jeff Stiers of the Union County Sheriff’s Office at 937-645-4126. Anonymous information may be left via voicemail on the Union County Sheriff’s Office Crime-Tip Hotline at (937) 642-7653.

I've heard no more about that speck of blood LE found on the trunk bed cover. Originally, they couldn't test it as it would have consumed the entire sample and left nothing for the defense to counter test. Supposedly LE retained it till such time that technology advanced. I have to assume they aren't there yet in DNA technology.

Just saw the Disappeared S03 episode featuring the Patti Adkins case from 2001. Very sad & haunting. I don't see any huge mystery re: what happened here. I believe there is only one real viable P.O.I. in this case, but due to not having enough evidence here it doesn't appear that LE can do much.

As one of the LE investigators said, the info. they have about the prime P.O.I. (the married co-worker) sounds very credible because several of Patti's friends/family members gave the same exact information to LE re: the "secret trip" to Canada, Patti hiding underneath the back cover of the truck, etc.

I wonder what the status is of the evidence that they have but were waiting on (the blood drop) to see if the technology was going to improve so they could finally test this?! If this does prove to be Patti's blood, this would be significant - given that it was found in the guy's truck. Hopefully they are still looking into this possibility.

What I find especially poignant about this case is Patti's daughter she left behind, who has grown up without a mother. Also, Patti's life seemed to be going well before she vanished. I.e., she had been at the same job for ten years, was looking forward to getting a promotion, etc. This makes her abrupt disappearance especially sad - given that she had her whole life ahead of her.

Cold Cases are being solved on a regular basis, and I hope we hear that this one is solved soon.

I can’t believe LE has been unable to charge BF. I am in Australia and tracked this guy down in under 10 minutes. He failed the lie detector and has a gap of 1 hour plus from leaving work to getting home that night. Owed Patti close to $100K massive motive.

As was mentioned in the Disappeared episode, unfortunately LE couldn't definitively prove that the married co-worker had received the money from Patti. Records showed that she withdrew a lot of her funds, but there was no proof that she gave them to the co-worker. Apparently she told her sister that the guy didn't want any kind of paper trail because he didn't want his wife to find out, etc.

That being said, I agree it seems extremely evident that Patti was being scammed by this guy. I also agree there's a lot of circumstantial evidence that points right to this person.

Last edited:
Didn't want to make my last post too long, and wanted to follow-up on the below:

I'd say Patti wasn't very good with THIS particular man (BF) but can also see she clearly must of trusted and believed whatever lies he told her ie. "I'm going to leave my wife" "I just need X amount of $$$ so I can get out of this thing with my wife and we can be together" blah blah blah. I do find it extremely naive not for her to of made some kind of documentation of the money she had loaned out. So many red flags coming up that Patti was wanting her money paid back ASAP at the time she had disappeared. I find it hard to believe the wife wasn't aware of some level of what was going on. The late night call with Patti's sister makes me extremely suspicious of Mrs F.

IMO the theory Patti was planning her own disappearance is virtually non existent. She adored her daughter and her family.

Also highly unlikely she just got into the back of his truck without him knowing. She had knowledge of the tonneau cover before BF had placed it on his car (not to mention that wasn't even his usual car he drove to work.)

I'm just so glad Patti told her sister a lot of crucial bits of information because without doing so all the evidence - no matter how circumstantial - we wouldn't have!

Agree with all of this 100%. You make some extremely good points here. It's sad that Patti trusted this guy. He definitely took advantage of this trust to manipulate & take advantage of her financially & emotionally.

Yes, I don't see that Patti would have wanted to disappear/vanish of her own accord. This suggestion is ludicrous. She wouldn't have left her daughter, her great job, and her family behind.

There is no suspect in this case, there is just a person who owed $90,000 to Patti and had no intention of ever paying it back to her.

He denied they were in a relationship, but Police found some of her belongings at his house and a "love letter" from Patti. How did he explain this?

This was a financially motivated crime. The perpetrators wife should have blown up when Police alleged that he was in a relationship with Patti. She didn't even bat an eyelid from all reports and backed up his alibi. It sounds like she was in on it too IMO.

Hi everyone. I've been a long time lurker and this is my first comment so I hope I do right.
Before reading this thread I never thought about the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning. I've been thinking about that and it does make sense, only not as an accident. It seems the tonneau cover was only purchased so Patty could hide there. Could it be that BF knew a person could die under that cover? Maybe he and his buddy sat at the BK with the engine running for 45 minutes waiting for her to die. Or did they ride around on country roads in a way that threw her around in the back, eventually dying from blunt force trauma? How does one hold on when in the bed of a pickup? With the cover, wouldn't she have a hard time holding on? I think she was dead before 2:30 am and lying in the back of the truck when he arrived home. Maybe they temporarily left her in the spot in the yard that was later covered with concrete. He could have disposed of the body when he went on a fishing trip later in the week.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back