OH - Person falls to death from stands at Ohio Stadium during Ohio State University commencement - Columbus, 5 May 2024

I work for a small college and the amount of planning that goes into the commencement ceremony is insane--even for a school of our size. Everything is choreographed down to things as specific as pauses for breath during speeches. There are also a lot of "what if" scenarios that pop up during the planning with security/safety at the ready.

I cannot even imagine how a college could plan or react for something like this. I certainly cannot imagine how that poor woman's daughter must feel. Commencement is a time for celebration for the student and everyone who helped them from their first day on campus to walking across the stage for the moment it was all for. So very sad.

her poor daughter and husband ... I assume he was there and witnessed it too
And her 12 year old child, too:

Brady then went into the stadium with her husband and 12-year-old son to sit and watch the ceremony, according to an investigative report from the coroner's office. Once seated, Brady then told her family she wanted to move higher into the stadium and her family told investigators they lost sight of her.

After making her way to the last row of benches, witnesses saw Brady climb over the stadium's concrete wall, according to the coroner's office. Brady had been sitting in section C30 near the bell tower.

And her 12 year old child, too:

Brady then went into the stadium with her husband and 12-year-old son to sit and watch the ceremony, according to an investigative report from the coroner's office. Once seated, Brady then told her family she wanted to move higher into the stadium and her family told investigators they lost sight of her.

After making her way to the last row of benches, witnesses saw Brady climb over the stadium's concrete wall, according to the coroner's office. Brady had been sitting in section C30 near the bell tower.

that's really devastating
he will need long-term therapy

[Larissa] Brady's daughter was listed as a graduate being honored with a bachelor's degree at Ohio State on Sunday, according to the university's 2024 commencement program.

Ms Brady fell as the last students were filing through the tunnel so that scary fall event was before her child received her diploma. What kind of statement is this for it seems so cruel for the graduate to enjoy the bliss of earning her degree coupled with the pain from the unusual death of her mother?

with video
MSN
The commencement speaker talked about world peace and bitcoin.

Sad to hear of the woman’s tragic passing, especially sad for her daughter.

That's horrifying. Did they go ahead with the commencement after the victim jumped?

Although most of us associate graduations with happy thoughts, in some cases they can produce opposite reactions for some people. This mentally-ill woman could have seen this next step in her daughter's life as a form of losing her daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R
Back