GUILTY OH - Phil Masterson, 25, found murdered, Put-in-Bay, 6 Sept 2011

Sorry to hear this Green Hornet about your friend. So awful, he was planning to get married too. Prayers for you, his family and his bride to be. How sad for all. xoxo

Many thoughts and prayers to everyone. How terribly tragic

How senseless.
I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the lack of correspondence, been trying to get through this with the family. Worst is ahead.

Here's the most recent story, reported by the Sandusky Register. I warn you, a majority of this SHOULD be disputed. Only part I really don't question is that the bastards left him in the woods to die instead of calling 9-11, then covered him in tarp like he was some kind of pile of garbage.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/put...0/authorities-pib-beating-victim-was-left-die

The last hours of Phil Masterson’s life were spent as he wanted to live it — fighting.

But in fact, his final battle was for life itself.

The 25-year-old Westlake man spent his last hours face-down in the woods on South Bass Island, struggling to breathe and clinging to life.

His beaten, bloodied body was clothed only in shorts.

He didn’t have to die, investigators said.

&#8220;In my limited medical experience, I don&#8217;t think he had to die,&#8221; Ottawa County Sheriff Bob Bratton said. <modsnip>

First, Phil wasn't an irresponsible person, who would just randomly go pounding on people's windows at 4-5 AM. There's more to it. Second, I cannot and will not accept the story he instigated this. There's way too many rumors going around that are NOTHING like the ******** story Mr. Brody cooked up. Perhaps surprisingly not, it wasn't mentioned that the two had eyes on the same girl, who showed more interest in Phil. It should be mentioned Brody continued to press the issue, Phil DID tell him to back off, and Brody said he'd regret "****ing with him."

All I know is this prick is behind bars and there to stay. While it won't bring Phil back, it certainly does good knowing he's off the street and behind bars.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the lack of correspondence, been trying to get through this with the family. Worst is ahead.

Here's the most recent story, reported by the Sandusky Register. I warn you, a majority of this SHOULD be disputed. Only part I really don't question is that the bastards left him in the woods to die instead of calling 9-11, then covered him in tarp like he was some kind of pile of garbage.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/put...0/authorities-pib-beating-victim-was-left-die

The last hours of Phil Masterson&#8217;s life were spent as he wanted to live it &#8212; fighting.

But in fact, his final battle was for life itself.

The 25-year-old Westlake man spent his last hours face-down in the woods on South Bass Island, struggling to breathe and clinging to life.

His beaten, bloodied body was clothed only in shorts.

He didn&#8217;t have to die, investigators said.

&#8220;In my limited medical experience, I don&#8217;t think he had to die,&#8221; Ottawa County Sheriff Bob Bratton said.

<modsnip>

First, Phil wasn't an irresponsible person, who would just randomly go pounding on people's windows at 4-5 AM. There's more to it. Second, I cannot and will not accept the story he instigated this. There's way too many rumors going around that are NOTHING like the ******** story Mr. Brody cooked up. Perhaps surprisingly not, it wasn't mentioned that the two had eyes on the same girl, who showed more interest in Phil. It should be mentioned Brody continued to press the issue, Phil DID tell him to back off, and Brody said he'd regret "****ing with him."

All I know is this prick is behind bars and there to stay. While it won't bring Phil back, it certainly does good knowing he's off the street and behind bars.

What do you know about Knote? His story sounds like BS too! If he was soooooo concerned that Brody had killed Masterson then why didn't he call 911 immediately? The whole thing stinks to high heaven. JMO

Green Hornet,

Thank you for the update. I have been following this case closely and discussing it with my brother, who is an attorney. Coincidentally, my brother lives in Westlake. Anyway, I am curious about the statement that there was a girl involved who took more of a liking to Phil, (which looking at both Zach and Phil's pics, I can understand why). Wasn't Phil engaged? Again, I mean no disrespect. Just trying to understand the facts.

I was so sorry to hear about this story. I grew up in Westlake and have friends who know Phil so sad and should never have happened. Put in Bay is for sure a fun place to go but there is a lot of boozing that goes on and things get out of hand especially on the holiday weekends. Sad this Brody guy should be locked up and it's so hard to believe they just left him out there to die.

Green Hornet,

Thank you for the update. I have been following this case closely and discussing it with my brother, who is an attorney. Coincidentally, my brother lives in Westlake. Anyway, I am curious about the statement that there was a girl involved who took more of a liking to Phil, (which looking at both Zach and Phil's pics, I can understand why). Wasn't Phil engaged? Again, I mean no disrespect. Just trying to understand the facts.

I also have heavily questioned the girl rumor... Phil was loyal to his fiancee and devoted to her.

My speculation? There was a girl involved, Brody had eyes, she didn't share the same feelings, Masterson (being the type of guy who WOULD step in and try and defuse an unsafe situation) told him to back off when he got too pushy and it turned ugly and fatal.

Just my thought. I wasn't there and can't truly say for sure.

Steely, I also question the other two people spoken to. If they knew he did this, and Phil's life was lingering, why did they not call 9-11? Does that not make them accessories?

Green Hornet I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you, Phil's family, and his fiancee. This is a terrible tragedy that should not have happened.

I hope they are able to get all the facts and that everyone involved will be held responsible. I just can't imagine no one calling 911. The will have to live with this the rest of their lives.

What do you know about Knote? His story sounds like BS too! If he was soooooo concerned that Brody had killed Masterson then why didn't he call 911 immediately? The whole thing stinks to high heaven. JMO

I concur, Steely. Makes no sense. Makes me wonder if someone else might have gotten involved in the fight too. It does stink!

@ Green Hornet....That was pretty much my thinking as well. I am still following this case closely, and have been able to read the affidavit of Knote and Brotzki who claim that Phil and one of his friends, who was clean-shaven and wearing a hat came to Brody and friends' cabin and started pounding on the door. They claim that when Brody came outside to "diffuse" the situation, that the hat-wearing friend left, but Masterson did not. I'd like to know the hat-wearing friend's side of the story, if there even was such a person. I am looking forward to Brody and friends receiving the punishment that they deserve.

@ Green Hornet....That was pretty much my thinking as well. I am still following this case closely, and have been able to read the affidavit of Knote and Brotzki who claim that Phil and one of his friends, who was clean-shaven and wearing a hat came to Brody and friends' cabin and started pounding on the door. They claim that when Brody came outside to "diffuse" the situation, that the hat-wearing friend left, but Masterson did not. I'd like to know the hat-wearing friend's side of the story, if there even was such a person. I am looking forward to Brody and friends receiving the punishment that they deserve.

Can you post a link for those please. TIA

@Steely Dan......I'm sorry but no can do. I went back to the link yesterday to re-read it, and it had been removed from the article online, so I called the Ottowa County Sherrif's department to try to get an electronic copy, and the officer told me that only the search warrant for Brody's apartment and the arrest warrant are public record at this time due to the investigation being ongoing. I figure that is why they pulled the link down.

@Steely Dan......I'm sorry but no can do. I went back to the link yesterday to re-read it, and it had been removed from the article online, so I called the Ottowa County Sherrif's department to try to get an electronic copy, and the officer told me that only the search warrant for Brody's apartment and the arrest warrant are public record at this time due to the investigation being ongoing. I figure that is why they pulled the link down.

That's a good sign, I think.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...-her-role-in-put-in-bay-killing-case/6095237/

A Rocky River woman will spend six months in local jail for helping cover up the 2011 killing of a man at Put-in-Bay, a judge ruled Wednesday. Judge Bruce Winters sentenced Sarah Partlo, 27, in Ottawa County Common Pleas Court to six months in jail on each of two misdemeanor counts of obstructing justice...

Brody is serving a 16-year prison sentence for killing Masterson during a fight while the two were staying on the island...

Cameron Parris, 28, of Aurora, is charged with three counts of felony tampering with evidence, three counts of felony obstructing and one misdemeanor count each of failure to report a death and falsification.

http://www.portclintonnewsherald.co...inue-2011-put--bay-killing-cover-up/82507464/

Cameron Parris, 31, of Brunswick, pleaded no contest to one count of falsification, a first-degree misdemeanor, in Ottawa County Common Pleas Court earlier this year, in connection with the 2011 death of Phil Masterson...

Winters sentenced Parris to 180 days in jail, but suspended all of the sentence on the conditions that Parris remains law-abiding for one year and pay all court costs, according to the judgment entered in March.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
czany
Back