OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps "hilljack" is a regional thing. I use the term more than I use "hillbilly". I've lived in Greater Cincy for 40 years, and grew up on the very eastside.

I also wanted to throw out a thought pertaining to Appalachia. (Pike County would be included.) It is very common for Appalachian people to have a strong dislike for "Big Brother". While the community where the Rhodens live seems very close knit, and everyone knows everyone, that doesn't necessarily mean that folks are willing to talk to the police. I can hear some of you saying, "But this is different. If I lived there, and I knew something, I would be knocking down the sheriff's door to tell him." I assure you, if you feel this way, then you don't have a strong dislike of authority/government/"johnny law". The strong dislike is very real and the feelings are deep-seated.

Many Appalachian families have an arsenal that would prepare them for the Zombie Apocalypse. The mindset is akin to "This is MY land, MY family, and I will handle things MY way. I don't need, or want, an outsider digging around in MY business."

For those who do not live in that culture it may sound a bit paranoid. But it is reality. I remember being in line at a store in an Appalachian area just east of where I live and a man refusing to give his billing zip-code to the cashier because it was "none of her business". After a few minutes of arguing with her, he left the store without his cart full of groceries that were already bagged and ready to go. While I thought that was a bit strange, as I began to encounter more folks from out "east" through work and social relationships, the reality of the "Big Brother" culture truly sank in.

I hope no one takes any of this as negative, it is merely a statement on the culture of the area. If you would like to say something chastising me, please respond to this:

I like my chili on spaghetti, and so do other people where I live.:slap:

One would have to know where the multiple cameras were in order to take them. Not a detail an outsider would have at the ready. He might see a couple, but likely would not get them all from a visual look see.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93019&d=1461812434
Checked the pic again, but it's impossible to tell about the electric. There's power on the property, though it looks to be originally installed for the other camper, a service pole and another pole with dusk-to-dawn light. Could be wire laying on the ground or even overhead and we wouldn't see it in that particular pic.

KR and someone described as his "side-kick" were employed by an electrical utility contractor. I guess that's another reason I assume they probably had no issues running electric from that pole to wherever they wanted/needed it.

I'm not completely sold on they're dead because of pot. Maybe they did score some cash because of it. I think its a family issue and all that was found is secondary. Someone got left out, got their feelings hurt and settled it good old fashion F you kinda way. Land, family secret, financial loss.

Perhaps "hilljack" is a regional thing. I use the term more than I use "hillbilly". I've lived in Greater Cincy for 40 years, and grew up on the very eastside.

I also wanted to throw out a thought pertaining to Appalachia. (Pike County would be included.) It is very common for Appalachian people to have a strong dislike for "Big Brother". While the community where the Rhodens live seems very close knit, and everyone knows everyone, that doesn't necessarily mean that folks are willing to talk to the police. I can hear some of you saying, "But this is different. If I lived there, and I knew something, I would be knocking down the sheriff's door to tell him." I assure you, if you feel this way, then you don't have a strong dislike of authority/government/"johnny law". The strong dislike is very real and the feelings are deep-seated.

Many Appalachian families have an arsenal that would prepare them for the Zombie Apocalypse. The mindset is akin to "This is MY land, MY family, and I will handle things MY way. I don't need, or want, an outsider digging around in MY business."

For those who do not live in that culture it may sound a bit paranoid. But it is reality. I remember being in line at a store in an Appalachian area just east of where I live and a man refusing to give his billing zip-code to the cashier because it was "none of her business". After a few minutes of arguing with her, he left the store without his cart full of groceries that were already bagged and ready to go. While I thought that was a bit strange, as I began to encounter more folks from out "east" through work and social relationships, the reality of the "Big Brother" culture truly sank in.

I hope no one takes any of this as negative, it is merely a statement on the culture of the area. If you would like to say something chastising me, please respond to this:

In regard to this dislike, do you think that grow operations in the area would be paying protection money to LE?

Don't see it as negative at all. Some in Appalachia live by the Castle Doctrine, granted by the lawmakers.

In some cases, people may not talk to LE about things they know or hear because word gets around and confidential info is not always kept that way, no matter what is promised.

I hate giving my phone number to cashiers, because I hate getting telemarketer calls. Zip code sounds a bit touchy, but it was his right to not participate.

With so many head shots, I'm guessing they were shot at fairly close range. That doesn't mean there would definitely have been splatter on the shooters, but it could. If the weapon were a higher caliber there would be a greater chance of "backsplash". Powder residue certainly would have been on the shooters. Even if they wore gloves, it would have rested in the threads of their clothing and on their skin. That the Manleys' clothes were taken and they haven't been arrested eliminates them as the shooters, IMO.
I think there are a lot of people that can be ruled out. Gun powder residue would of been one the first things they could of checked for, and if anyone tested positive for it, they would already be in jail.

They talked to a lot of relatives, and friends early on and I'd think all of them could be ruled out by now....DS, BJM (And other Manley's), IJ (I think it is....the Jones guy)

In regard to this dislike, do you think that grow operations in the area would be paying protection money to LE?

I will start by saying.... "MOO"

I personally think that if would be more of an LE extorting money from the grower. And LE being involved is on my short-list of theories.

One would have to know where the multiple cameras were in order to take them. Not a detail an outsider would have at the ready. He might see a couple, but likely would not get them all from a visual look see.

Reminds me that LE said they had video in the first week, and by the second week they stated they got more. Could be a smokescreen put out by LE, but it probably does mean they have something. At least that's some reason to think justice may be served.

Wouldn't need the cameras so much as any recorder they fed into. If a specific camera had to be removed, seems like that would have to be a game camera.

No need to take the cameras if you wore a mask. You take cameras if you fear you could be made. I think someone from far away would not be so concerned with cameras and or imagery.

Even if someone wears a mask people can be identified in other ways if someone recognizes them in a video, so rather than take the chance it's better to just take the whole camera. If a person was right or left handed, how do they walk, did a tat show a little, what kind of shoes or clothes, etc, all of that would be used in court. They're not going to take a chance, since it was planned, that was just part of the planning.

Don't see it as negative at all. Some in Appalachia live by the Castle Doctrine, granted by the lawmakers.

In some cases, people may not talk to LE about things they know or hear because word gets around and confidential info is not always kept that way, no matter what is promised.

I hate giving my phone number to cashiers, because I hate getting telemarketer calls. Zip code sounds a bit touchy, but it was his right to not participate.

I have seen some of the misunderstandings that have happened throughout this discussion spanning 17 threads. And I know that a lot is lost when we type and read, as opposed to speak and hear. I was trying to avoid a 3-page revolt on what everyone would personally do. I know we are all bored without any new info.

Anything is possible, but I kinda doubt it. They don't live an area where LE is going to be patrolling. LE may have suspected they grew or smoked to some extent, but probably assumed it to be "a few plants in a window" as they described it to not be when it was uncovered.

Where I live is rural. Anyone out here can grow pot and LE doesn't have the slightest clue, and if they do, most just turn their heads the other way, unless it's becoming a problem. They are more worried about the meth labs, the heroine. They don't patrol out here ever. In my 7 years of living here, I've seen the cops the 1-2 times someone called for them. They don't just drive on these roads. They stay in town. People out here handle their own. We had a break in down the road. The wife shot the guy then realized maybe she should call LE. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The security camera aspect is somewhat iffy, judging from the actual comments of those who were aware of them. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/
I also doubt that the killers just pulled up and parked in plain sight next to the trailers. Hard to say if the killers even knew about the cameras, if they knew but didn't care because they were masked, or if the cameras were on or operational.

I think there are a lot of people that can be ruled out. Gun powder residue would of been one the first things they could of checked for, and if anyone tested positive for it, they would already be in jail.

They talked to a lot of relatives, and friends early on and I'd think all of them could be ruled out by now....DS, BJM (And other Manley's), IJ (I think it is....the Jones guy)
It was a large family, lots of players. Those you mentioned could of been lesser roles. We dont know, they're keeping cards close.

That is so sad :anguish: I'm so sorry for you and your family. As a mother when I hear this type of thing it's mind boggling.

Yes, this wasn't a crime of passion, it was calculated, most shot in the head multiple times to make sure they were dead. My cousin was murdered by her daughter and boyfriend, it was planned, they waited until her stepfather was gone, and my cousin was asleep. She let the boyfriend know he could come over and they shot her, stabbed her multiple times, it was so gruesome from the bedroom to downstairs in the living room area.

Noone knew her daughter was still seeing the boyfriend, there was even a restraining order against him, yet she was angry because she wasn't allowed to see him and she made the 911 to the dispatch. It was the most cold, unemotional, calculated call that gave her away. That was passion killing for hate. Noone could believe it till they heard the 911 call, you would never know such a beautiful young girl could do something so evil. The Rhoden murders were planned by killers who knew exactly what they were doing and how to do it to get away with it.

I would think if you have a few in a tray, be it clones or starts you would want to have them in the trailer as they wouldn't be there that long and you would have better temp control. I don't think natural sunlight this time of year would be enough. Short of building a little enclosure with a light it would work for most reasons. Unless he had just picked them up and was going to move them in the next few days. That building looks like a small animal barn to me, especially with the fencing. IMO & experience naturally

I thought the same. Can't really see if there's an opening in the rear for animals, and I've not seen any pics of the rear.

Could also just be using the building as fence on that part of the corral.

I really think any pot plants at KR's would have been seedlings started recently and not too many, that shed looks to be really hard to heat. Winter kept coming back this Spring.

Didn't think of clones there, you could be right. Maybe clones still in the rooting stage, then those trays would be like the ones with the clear plastic top.

Wonder if there's electric in that shed? Those rectangles on the roof.... patches or skylights? Or the plants could've been close enough to a window or door for natural light, but natural light may be wrong right now for clones. Not sure without a refresher course :) .

IMO the "drag" was because a. they were expecting or b. had called CRsr over so they drug GR in the back room (after he made the call) so he wasn't in the middle of the living room when he walked in. When he walked in they jumped him and caused the bruising ect. IMO he was the main target and focus of the most anger. I am really interested to know the actual time of death and if any other victims had "bruising". That will tell us a lot! IMO of course

I don't think anyone was tortured. I believe our assailant(s) were planning to catch everyone sleeping soundly in their beds. Murder them while sleeping, gather any evidence, and be gone. It just so happened that something went a bit askew at the CR1/GR trailer and possibly at DR's. It most likely didn't phase the primary assailant (if there were more than one) other than to annoy this person a bit. But the assailant had probably figured in something possibly going askew in planning this. Soft tissue bruising is pretty much just a bruise. They could have gotten that from falling when they were shot, but before they died. If there were multiple contusions, blunt force trauma, etc... then I'd be more inclined to believe there was an actual fight or struggle to be free from something. The bruise on FR's eye could very well have just been where he was shot through the eye socket. jmo

If I could bold this and put it in all caps I would. To me this is the most important piece of information I have heard to date based on MY theory from the beginning! Not only because family was there but also because friends were there(IIRC). I believe that the persons responsible for this has either been with the family and/or friends or in contact the entire time and I also believe that it will be a shock to the family who was involved. Especially if my other theory of someone paying to use the space to grow and being kicked off the property and not given their stuff back is true. I believe it will be someone they not only knew but trusted. OR someone in that circle knows of the person and why they did it and are scared for their own life or lives of their family. No matter what I believe that someone in the family or close circle knows exactly what happened and why. It is impossible for me to believe that every person was killed that had knowledge especially sense there were others that lived in the homes in the recent past that were not only not killed but near by.

Of course I have NO, ZERO, ZIP AND NADA direct knowledge of any of these people and I live no where near them and know no one that knows them and I am not a psychic (don't even believe in them personally) This is just my theory and opinion on this case and all the variables that I am aware of based on MSM and knowledge of the life style. With all that said, I also realize there is a ton I don't know about and I could be totally wrong. I believe they are on track and have someone in their sites and that they are waiting for a GJ indictment or some piece of the puzzle be it evidence to come back or what have you. (I hope this is the case)

"It was there, in his usual straightforward and direct manner, that Reader told the family this was no random act, that the Rhodens had been targeted for a reason. And he told them he believed that someone sitting inside that house of God knew why."

http://http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/29/pike-county-lookback.html

Thanks for letting me chime in. This is all JMO and haven't decided what's less annoying doing a big multi post or replying to them each individually! Also I want to say that just because I believe this to be true it doesn't cause me to see any less value in every other opinion I read on here. I'm thankful to have somewhere to come and chat about it because my hubby has no interest. I want to see justice for this family but most of all for those babies that are so innocent! The fact that they were in the beds for any amount of time with their parents murdered is SICK! This person needs to be found! If I am wrong as long as they are caught and held accountable that is all I really care about.

Anything is possible, but I kinda doubt it. They don't live an area where LE is going to be patrolling. LE may have suspected they grew or smoked to some extent, but probably assumed it to be "a few plants in a window" as they described it to not be when it was uncovered.

Where I live is rural. Anyone out here can grow pot and LE doesn't have the slightest clue. They don't patrol out here ever. In my 7 years of living here, I've seen the cops the 1-2 times someone called for them. They don't just drive on these roads. They stay in town. JMO.

Exactly. From the descriptions I've read, these roads were not well travelled at all. Ideal if you wanted to avoid LE scrutiny.

Exactly. From the descriptions I've read, these roads were not well travelled at all. Ideal if you wanted to avoid LE scrutiny.

Right. We pretty much know every car that drives down our road. They drive it the same time everyday pretty much (coming/going to work, or heading to haul things from farms, etc.) LE has bigger and better things to do than watch me come home from work. If you are driving down these roads, you live on them, or you know someone that does. (And trust me when I say you can tell if someone is lost lol) LE is county or state boys, they have a large area to cover, our town doesn't have police or fire. They have so much ground to cover, they just aren't going to come out here unless they have to. Population out here is small as it is, and even smaller on our out skirted areas. Most people that live out here are related in one way or another, you aren't getting into altercations with neighbors because everyone is at least the length of 1-2 fields, or more, away. It appeared the Rhoden's lived in a similar situation.

Also, I know some feel people like LE, more specifically JJ, was involved in the growing to an extent, whether money or whatever, and potentially the murders, but I tend to disagree. JJ was to have trial on 4/22, and is already in a ton of trouble, I don't think he would want it uncovered that he was also getting hush money or involved in the drugs in any way on top of what he is already in trouble for. IF JJ was involved in the murders, which I'm also not sold on, it would be REALLY stupid if he was involved in the grow operations in ANY way. Then again, he seems... Like not the brightest crayon in the box. JMO.

ETA: Unless he knows he's going to prison for life and really didn't care.

I think oneilgirl75 says it the best, "I believe that the persons responsible for this has either been with the family and/or friends or in contact the entire time and I also believe that it will be a shock to the family who was involved." No matter who it is, since it's not obvious and so hard to catch them, I think it might be a shock to everyone, not just who did it, but maybe even the reason why. It just seems like that kind of case. I think we're going to say, "Why, what, for that, seriously?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member