OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I know some feel people like LE, more specifically JJ, was involved in the growing to an extent, whether money or whatever, and potentially the murders, but I tend to disagree. JJ was to have trial on 4/22, and is already in a ton of trouble, I don't think he would want it uncovered that he was also getting hush money or involved in the drugs in any way on top of what he is already in trouble for. IF JJ was involved in the murders, which I'm also not sold on, it would be REALLY stupid if he was involved in the grow operations in ANY way. Then again, he seems... Like not the brightest crayon in the box. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the only reason I wouldn't point to him being there that night, however, that doesn't mean there's no involvement in the reason this happened, and who all is involved. Let's face it, with everything that happened in that county last year and now the execution of a family in a small community, if this doesn't tie in somehow I'll be surprised. JJ might be the object of taking the responsibility for two deaths, but I don't think he's the only one involved in the reason for them.

This is the only reason I wouldn't point to him being there that night, however, that doesn't mean there's no involvement in the reason this happened, and who all is involved. Let's face it, with everything that happened in that county last year and now the execution of a family in a small community, if this doesn't tie in somehow I'll be surprised. JJ might be the object of taking the responsibility for two deaths, but I don't think he's the only one involved in the reason for them.

I guess that's all I'm saying, COULD LE be involved, obviously it's possible. But JJ being the only player? I'm not as convinced. Unless he knew he was going to prison for life and just didn't care at all. But, I'm not so much on the LE involved bandwagon with BCI, AG, and potentially FBI to some degree being involved, that would have to be corruption all the way up to be getting away with it. JMO.

Again, it IS possible, but so is big foot at this point.

I guess that's all I'm saying, COULD LE be involved, obviously it's possible. But JJ being the only player? I'm not as convinced. Unless he knew he was going to prison for life and just didn't care at all. But, I'm not so much on the LE involved bandwagon with BCI, AG, and potentially FBI to some degree being involved, that would have to be corruption all the way up to be getting away with it. JMO.

Again, it IS possible, but so is big foot at this point.

Well said, mrssmith23. Possible is a far cry from probable. The fewer the facts, the wilder the theories. Goes with the territory, I guess. :)

Someone knew of DR new address, this not run of mill. They had knowledge of family dynamics. Babies being spared. Why kill them off if one family member target, wait HR home from hospital?

I will start by saying.... "MOO"

I personally think that if would be more of an LE extorting money from the grower. And LE being involved is on my short-list of theories.

I have an LE short list too - that's what I was really asking. I would think it goes with the territory.

The security camera aspect is somewhat iffy, judging from the actual comments of those who were aware of them. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/
I also doubt that the killers just pulled up and parked in plain sight next to the trailers. Hard to say if the killers even knew about the cameras, if they knew but didn't care because they were masked, or if the cameras were on or operational.

WRT video, from your link, DeWine is vague. Sounds to me like LE got some video from people they "reached out to", whether neighbors, local businesses or others living in the area.

"We reached out to people initially that we thought might have video," DeWine said during a media session in his Cincinnati office. "We were able to obtain some video."

DS stated that KR's video cameras were removed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3563851/Surveillance-cameras-set-inside-home-Ohio-massacre-victim-paranoid-security-helped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

DeWine also said the killers did everything they could to hinder an investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/marijuana-grow-operation-found-at-ohio-slaying-sites/

"This was a preplanned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "It was a sophisticated operation and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution."
BBM

So, they removed some cameras and likely took other measures to make it difficult for LE to identify them, or if they did, make it difficult for LE to prosecute them.

I would think if you have a few in a tray, be it clones or starts you would want to have them in the trailer as they wouldn't be there that long and you would have better temp control. I don't think natural sunlight this time of year would be enough. Short of building a little enclosure with a light it would work for most reasons. Unless he had just picked them up and was going to move them in the next few days. That building looks like a small animal barn to me, especially with the fencing. IMO & experience naturally

Late Feb into March, natural light is just fine for starting seeds and seedlings. Clones or otherwise vegetating/flowering, more light and control is needed. Or as you said, they could've just been in transit to somewhere else.

Late Feb into March, natural light is just fine for starting seeds and seedlings. Clones or otherwise vegetating/flowering, more light and control is needed. Or as you said, they could've just been in transit to somewhere else.

I personally believe they were going to be moved outside soon.. JMO.

After murder BR had car for derby~ not that one I dont think.They were cruising up left fork in a video.

Thread #15.... Post #60

attachment.php

ha! You found it, the 70s Ford Pinto at 'that other barn'.

Why would the killers bother to move him? What would they gain from doing that? Seems it would only take more time, would leave blood and DNA evidence in their vehicle and on their clothing. Could risk causing them to leave shoe or boot prints from having to walk in blood near the victim.

That brings up another question I've wondered about. Depending on ballistics, type of weapon and ammunition, etc. how much blood would the killers have gotten on themselves?
If they were skilled marksmen with small caliber weapons, would there have been a mess? They would have needed to change clothing at some point, either while at the scene or during their escape. They couldn't risk being pulled over wearing bloody clothing.
That would depend on how close they were to the victims when they shot them.

WRT video, from your link, DeWine is vague. Sounds to me like LE got some video from people they "reached out to", whether neighbors, local businesses or others living in the area.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3563851/Surveillance-cameras-set-inside-home-Ohio-massacre-victim-paranoid-security-helped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

DeWine also said the killers did everything they could to hinder an investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/marijuana-grow-operation-found-at-ohio-slaying-sites/

BBM

So, they removed some cameras and likely took other measures to make it difficult for LE to identify them, or if they did, make it difficult for LE to prosecute them.

I thought I heard that CR1 had a camera system as well? IIRC it was stated that he could see who would drive up not only seeing the car but the driver as well. I would look but I'm starting to get looks from the fam :)

Don't see it as negative at all. Some in Appalachia live by the Castle Doctrine, granted by the lawmakers.

In some cases, people may not talk to LE about things they know or hear because word gets around and confidential info is not always kept that way, no matter what is promised.

I hate giving my phone number to cashiers, because I hate getting telemarketer calls. Zip code sounds a bit touchy, but it was his right to not participate.

I can tell you from running a register all day for years...if you protest in any way she is supposed to hit enter and bypass it not cause a scene. It's just for them to know which areas customers are driving from to send out sales ads.
But I live in backwoods Appalachian country and I personally hate to give out personal info. Zip code is fine
But I couldn't see the Any of this family wanting to give out info.

Okay, but the temp wouldn't be to cold in a drafty barn like that? I almost felt like in the statement that DS made he was implying that he was looking for what he found. Almost like he was seeing if it was gone? (speculation on my part) To me it would seem that the inside would need to be modified in order for that building to work for starts, clones what have you. Which in reality could be done on the inside and you wouldn't know unless you went inside as long as they did a good job and you couldn't see the "lights" at night if they were running on a longer cycle. Along with any wire they ran for power which could easily be buried. JMO of course
On a side note someone mentioned earlier about the smell. I know that you can have a pretty high tech ventilation system that you run at an optimal time to reduce the chance of it smelling at the wrong time ie when people are headed to/from work. Most people run those in the middle of the night when people are sleeping in my area. Well they did prior to this year but its legal both for rec and med now so people don't care and about every 20 ft. it smells like someone hit a dang skunk! (this was regarding CR1 location) JMO and experience once again. must make sure I note that.

BBM

Is DS quoted on the subject of security cameras elsewhere? The reason I ask is that I'm not sure how much I trust the DM. According to the article, KR had CCTV cameras set up around his home. What does this mean? His home was a "fifth wheel", correct? Does it also mean other buildings at this location? It is rather interesting that these men had security cameras in the first place. Is this common in such a rural location? Or does it point to them being involved in some illegal activities? Did they know they were involved in something that could possibly put them at risk?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/27/Piketon-death-certificates.html

Directly from the death certificate article in the Dispatch:
Rhoden's death certificate said he had "multiple gunshot wounds to the head, torso and extremity."

So the Dispatch initially reported no number of wounds/shots. But today they say 9. I am wondering if there are any OTHER sources that state the number of wounds/shots for CR1.

Am I splitting hairs?

The Dispatch first reported that information on 5-13.

Sources have confirmed for The Dispatch that though each of the victims had varying numbers of gunshots, Kenneth Rhoden was the only one shot just once, and Chris Sr. sustained the most, with nine shots.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/13/another-week-and-still-few-answers.html

I can tell you from running a register all day for years...if you protest in any way she is supposed to hit enter and bypass it not cause a scene. It's just for them to know which areas customers are driving from to send out sales ads.
But I live in backwoods Appalachian country and I personally hate to give out personal info. Zip code is fine
But I couldn't see the Any of this family wanting to give out info.

I just got real defensive about it when the telemarketers used my phone more than I did. Didn't seem to help, they still call as much as ever.

This family did do Facebook, I won't even do that myself. My relatives are constantly saying "get on FB!", I say, "you've got my phone number and my email address!". ;)

I thought I heard that CR1 had a camera system as well? IIRC it was stated that he could see who would drive up not only seeing the car but the driver as well. I would look but I'm starting to get looks from the fam :)

Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said.

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

He said he believed Christopher Rhoden Sr. kept the cameras on at all times, but did not know if authorities had video from those cameras.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel