OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
In relation to RSD1200 post, the conduct of some of Pike county LE is disgraceful and totally abnormal for people we are supposed to be able to depend on to help protect us. Instead, they cannot be trusted. We had a few with about that same mentality in C'Vale. Got rid of them and some newer ones may have a brain, but unfortunately lazy seems to best way to describe them.
I know a guy who worked there several years ago and he had been with the PD for 14 years, and barely made over min wage. I wouldn't have worked as a meter maid for such lousy pay. My daughter made more money than he did working at Dollar General.

It's much the same in my little town. They just don't have the budget. We seem to have some pretty good folks on LE right now but there's always one or two who are going to be jerks (like any other job in life, there's always one or two..). I just cannot believe that Pike County has had such horrible luck in choosing theirs though.

When I was a LEO I dealt with Biker Gangs, and was actually kind of shocked at the criminal activity that they were involved in - mostly petty stuff, maybe gambling and prostitution, etc. They sold drugs, but few were ingesting them, as one biker told me, "I spent $30,000 on my bike; the last thing I want to do is be impaired while riding it and then get into an accident - most driver's out there are terrible, and you have to constantly be defensive and can't let your guard down for even a second". The biker's name was 'Blade'. I have a real hard time believing that Bikers would be involved in this. I also know (like I said, I've dealt with many Bikers) that motorcycles often leave behind several sources of evidence.

BBM Are you familiar with the missing and murdered women from Chillicothe? They were all drug users and involved in prostitution. There are several here who think someone in LE is responsible for the murders, why is it so far fetched to think a biker or bikers could be responsible? And IMO anyone who planned these executions this well wouldn't pull up on a loud Harley and announce their presence, they would drive something else.

Is it possible DR was involved in another relationship that may have went bad for some unknown reason? I don't have any reason to believe so but just thinking it could be a possibility...

In relation to RSD1200 post, the conduct of some of Pike county LE is disgraceful and totally abnormal for people we are supposed to be able to depend on to help protect us. Instead, they cannot be trusted. We had a few with about that same mentality in C'Vale. Got rid of them and some newer ones may have a brain, but unfortunately lazy seems to best way to describe them.
I know a guy who worked there several years ago and he had been with the PD for 14 years, and barely made over min wage. I wouldn't have worked as a meter maid for such lousy pay. My daughter made more money than he did working at Dollar General.

Unfortunately a lot of rural Sheriff's departments don't have the budget to pay a decent wage. In Pike County, the previous sheriff made a little over 57K in 2014 according to the Ohio SOS which is less than a 3rd year deputy in Franklin County (CBus) where their main job is running the jails. Pike county has a Sheriff dept budget of @1.6M per year for 35 employees. Not much money there for salaries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OT... I was reading through Brad Hiltons memorial page and found some interesting posts from Dana.
She typically asked Brad to watch over family in general but these seemed more direct
I tried unsuccessfully to find any newspaper articles, arrest records, etc around these dates

August 15,2014
Fly free & high. keep an eye on the evil people in Pike county. U see who they are!

August 18,2014
keep an eye on the bikers ( this could be taken either way but posted within days of previous post IMO gives it a deeper meaning )

June 14,2015
I miss you, fly free watch over me going through some dumb sh** about now, I know you see everything down here that's going on just keep an eye on the evil ones for me.

I feel that DR was fearful of something and/or somebody because in one of LM's interviews/videos, when he was specifically asked by the reporter if DR had ever been fearful or felt threatened (however it was worded), LM did not say yes or no, he said something along the lines of he was not going to say (if she was or wasn't)

BBM Are you familiar with the missing and murdered women from Chillicothe? They were all drug users and involved in prostitution. There are several here who think someone in LE is responsible for the murders, why is it so far fetched to think a biker or bikers could be responsible? And IMO anyone who planned these executions this well wouldn't pull up on a loud Harley and announce their presence, they would drive something else.
Honestly I'd think it more likely that Jason McCrary, who is a convicted sex offender, and has quite a bit of evidence stacked against him, and is coming up on trial soon, for the murder of one of the women, would be the most likely suspect in the murders of the other three, (as they've not found two of the six women yet). But, I just don't see the the Rhoden/Gilley murders as being a serial killer, but the Chillicothe murders, possibly so.

Yes. Thanks for the info regarding the biker ralley, this puts things in perspective regarding the August 2014 posts.

I feel that DR was fearful of something and/or somebody because in one of LM's interviews/videos, when he was specifically asked by the reporter if DR had ever been fearful or felt threatened (however it was worded), LM did not say yes or no, he said something along the lines of he was not going to say (if she was or wasn't)

Correction:

Biker ralley was in Chillicothe which is in Ross County, not Pike.
Just wanted to clarify the county,she did specify Pike County in her August 15, 2014 post
I agree it appears she was aware/ fearful of someone(s)

Still unable to see any clues in newspapers, etc regarding June 14,2015 entry

I do not mean this in a disrespectful way at all. But these posts were nearly one to two years before the murders and she asked that man for prayers nearly every day. DR's life and the rest of the family member's as well, was constant drama. There was always some sort of something going on in their lives. If it wasn't FR and his buddies going to some guy's house to beat him up over a demo derby slur, it was CR2 bumping someone's car and getting into it, or a lady slapping CR2 in the street, then the whole deal with her daughter, and then to her and CR1's "it's complicated relationship", (and people in town discussing it on the T site) and I could go on. I have had a pretty "colorful" and "drama filled" life myself, not by choice most times, but this woman's life? I'd be asking God, and dead friends, to watch over me too! Apparently this friend was one of her very best friends and she lost him. I know what that's like. He was probably her confidant when things got hairy and things seemed to always be hairy in that family. I'm not putting her nor them down, I'm just saying, I just don't think prayers from a year or two ago means she had any knowledge of just how horrible things were about to get on that night in April. I just feel sad for her.

Honestly I'd think it more likely that Jason McCrary, who is a convicted sex offender, and has quite a bit of evidence stacked against him, and is coming up on trial soon, for the murder of one of the women, would be the most likely suspect in the murders of the other three, (as they've not found two of the six women yet). But, I just don't see the the Rhoden/Gilley murders as being a serial killer, but the Chillicothe murders, possibly so.

IIRC one of the women was murdered while McCrary was incarcerated so I think more than one perp was involved. IDK if the Chillicothe missing women are connected to the Rhoden murders but I'm not convinced they aren't. BTW I don't think all bikers are bad, there are good and bad in all groups of people. I mean no offense.

Virtually every car at the annual amateur demolition derby was being run in memory of eight Rhoden family members killed just 10 weeks ago. The packed bleachers were filled with spectators wearing blaze orange, the color that has come to memorialize the family since the crime that remains unsolved.

For Kendra Rhoden, the day marked the first time she has publicly discussed her father, the killings and the ongoing investigation – which she said she’s confident will lead to an arrest.

“I know the police are doing their job. I think Charlie Reader is doing a great job,’’ she said. Reader is the Pike County sheriff.

The 19-year-old, who has been appointed to execute her dad’s estate, agreed to the interview because she said she’s tired of weeks of rumor and innuendo.

She said her dad grew marijuana not to get rich, nor to smoke, but rather to make money to feed her and her siblings and to help out his family. He dropped out of school when he was in the sixth grade and with little formal education, he turned to working the land and began growing marijuana, she said.

She said she’s not sure for how long he grew or when he started. But she did say he never used marijuana.

She also talks about her cousin, Hanna, in the interview.

IIRC one of the women was murdered while McCrary was incarcerated so I think more than one perp was involved. IDK if the Chillicothe missing women are connected to the Rhoden murders but I'm not convinced they aren't. BTW I don't think all bikers are bad, there are good and bad in all groups of people. I mean no offense.

I took no offense. There's good and bad in all walks of life. A pastor just killed himself the other day, b/c he got caught driving down to meet, what he thought, was an underage girl, he'd met on the internet. I just don't see the R/G murders as serial and the Chillicothe I can. Even if both were serial murders, I'd not see them as being the same serial killer. There could very well be a serial killer biker out there. I just don't see it as a theory for the Rhoden/Gilley murders.

Wow. Was CR Sr. and KR co-conspirators or competitors

Didn't we already know that both men were growing mj? I think so. Kendra doesn't seem to know much about the grow ops. Safe to assume she wasn't real close to her dad in recent years?

I do not mean this in a disrespectful way at all. But these posts were nearly one to two years before the murders and she asked that man for prayers nearly every day. DR's life and the rest of the family member's as well, was constant drama. There was always some sort of something going on in their lives. If it wasn't FR and his buddies going to some guy's house to beat him up over a demo derby slur, it was CR2 bumping someone's car and getting into it, or a lady slapping CR2 in the street, then the whole deal with her daughter, and then to her and CR1's "it's complicated relationship", (and people in town discussing it on the T site) and I could go on. I have had a pretty "colorful" and "drama filled" life myself, not by choice most times, but this woman's life? I'd be asking God, and dead friends, to watch over me too! Apparently this friend was one of her very best friends and she lost him. I know what that's like. He was probably her confidant when things got hairy and things seemed to always be hairy in that family. I'm not putting her nor them down, I'm just saying, I just don't think prayers from a year or two ago means she had any knowledge of just how horrible things were about to get on that night in April. I just feel sad for her.

No worries. I just read into it differently. I agree with you that there was never a dull moment!
IMO - The posts I referenced are older and more specific, but with the ongoing criminal court cases throughout the county regarding drug trafficking (some with very light sentences), allegations of corruption, confidential informants, etc these cases take years to move through the system.
I do not think she knew just how bad it could be either, but who could she actually trust beyond family if she did know something specific going on with the evil people in Pike County. (August 15,2014) or evil ones (June 14, 2015)?
MOO

Wow. Was CR Sr. and KR co-conspirators or competitors

Grow and sell operation between the whole family.

KR's daughter talks about her father made money by planting and selling marijuana for kids.

I just think that it got out of hand, so to speak, and in later years when demands for drugs were fueling in price and competition someone in the family made a mistake. Could be bad decision on a deal, monies owed.

Her talking sounds like this was just the normal for them to survive in the everyday working world.

However, I still feel the cartel is involved somehow and possibly linked to the shatter lab that was busted. Cops/Feds just don't ship out "smelly" marijuana from California to other state. JMO

I hope they solve this case, prayers still going out to the family.

I believe Kenny and Chris were growing together. I don't think there is any proof that there was or had been a squabble between them.
I was touched by the things Kendra had to say about her dad and the other family members. I was surprised to hear her say Kenny dropped out of school at such a young age. He's younger than I am by 13 years. If he had lived in Tex., it was mandatory kids attend school til age 16.
Kendra said people would ask how come you're still alive. Anyone who would dare say something like that to any relation to the victims has the manners and empathy of a rattlesnake.

Kendra obviously knew about the pot growing, and respected her dad enough to just accept it and she probably never had a reason for discussing the matter with him. She talks like a mature young lady and is doing the best to get through this horrible disaster day by day.

No worries. I just read into it differently. I agree with you that there was never a dull moment!
IMO - The posts I referenced are older and more specific, but with the ongoing criminal court cases throughout the county regarding drug trafficking (some with very light sentences), allegations of corruption, confidential informants, etc these cases take years to move through the system.
I do not think she knew just how bad it could be either, but who could she actually trust beyond family if she did know something specific going on with the evil people in Pike County. (August 15,2014) or evil ones (June 14, 2015)?
MOO

True, but, we don't know who the "evil ones" are. They could be the ones who were making comments about her and CR1 being back together again, or at that point in time she had probably just learned that her then, approx. 17 y/o daughter, was expecting her first child. People can say cruel things and there can be contention between families, when there are very young people in the family who are expecting a child. I don't know that there was, but, know for a fact that it can be difficult at times. People can see the other sides as being less than fair, I hesitate to say evil, but it can get almost to that point, when kids, are still kids, and are having kids, and parents have to be involved due to necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somegirlinsf