OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am caught up with the theory that that Pike County family was in a state of turmoil and dramatics constantly. To me,
having a sore spot way out in the boondocks in a small country where attention was drawn from the rest of the county
to that family might be motive enough for a serial killer, having a twisted mind,,decide that he could do a great service
by eliminating the sore spot. This serial killer could be your next door neighbor or a working member of a religious
institution...Roughly ,, counting all the people that have been reported killed or assinated around several Ohio Counties,,
The six murdered in Rose County, The mother and daughter shot in the head in a different county and of course,
the eight killed that we are discussing..I count that as 14.. That is too many to ignore. Moo
Added Note: Out of the 14,, as reported,10 were females into drugs and or prostituion..Correct me if I am wrong..

If a person is psycho enough to wipe out 8 people in several different houses....then I probably wouldn't talk if I knew who it was either. I would be scared to death that person comes and wipes out my whole family too.

IMO, I believe most of the people around there have a good idea on who did this. It's extremely scary to know there is somebody walking among us who is evil enough to meticulously go house to house murdering a whole family line.

I am caught up with the theory that that Pike County family was in a state of turmoil and dramatics constantly. To me,
having a sore spot way out in the boondocks in a small country where attention was drawn from the rest of the county
to that family might be motive enough for a serial killer, having a twisted mind,,decide that he could do a great service
by eliminating the sore spot. This serial killer could be your next door neighbor or a working member of a religious
institution...Roughly ,, counting all the people that have been reported killed or assinated around several Ohio Counties,,
The six murdered in Rose County, The mother and daughter shot in the head in a different county and of course,
the eight killed that we are discussing..I count that as 14.. That is too many to ignore. Moo
Added Note: Out of the 14,, as reported,10 were females into drugs and or prostituion..Correct me if I am wrong..

Someone is being prosecuted for one of the six killings (two women still not found, iirc), someone who was in jail during the disapperance/murder of one of the five others. So at least two murderers there.

None of the Rhoden women were into drugs or prostitution, they were in family with growers, that's all we know.

I just doubt the general public would trust them that their call would be anonymous or un-traced. I'd not. I've thought about what I'd do if I were in someone's shoes who knew something, and it's hard for me to say. I hope I'd do the right thing but in a place that small, just going to the LE department, would be seen by someone. Also, one of my theories is that it is a LEO. So that would make it very dicey to make a call or go in to make statement. I'd be terrified that I'd be putting my own family member's lives at risk.

I wouldn't be surprised if a letter sent in would be fingerprinted and DNA tested for this case.

If a person is psycho enough to wipe out 8 people in several different houses....then I probably wouldn't talk if I knew who it was either. I would be scared to death that person comes and wipes out my whole family too.

IMO, I believe most of the people around there have a good idea on who did this. It's extremely scary to know there is somebody walking among us who is evil enough to meticulously go house to house murdering a whole family line.

I imagine even those who know nothing about the case would be worried about being seen talking to investigators... I would...

Lots of good thoughts, guys. So many possibilities my head is swimming. Ohio has more than its fair share of murders. From thinking about past murders of prostitutes, usually turns out the killer is some crazy person trying to rid the world of evil, or a serial killer on a rampage and picking prostitutes because they may not be missed for awhile.
Somehow, I don't think there is a tie to the Rhoden's. I think some sick greedy heartless atheist is behind these murders.
I think the suggestion of a new press conference is a great idea, and should also include the info that anyone with info afraid to call or come to the office could write them a letter. They could drop it off at the post office and nobody would ever know who mailed it.

The crime lab is so backed up I don't think they would send the tip letter in for fingerprint analysis. Might take 3 years before they got the info back from state.

Unfortunately a lot of rural Sheriff's departments don't have the budget to pay a decent wage. In Pike County, the previous sheriff made a little over 57K in 2014 according to the Ohio SOS which is less than a 3rd year deputy in Franklin County (CBus) where their main job is running the jails. Pike county has a Sheriff dept budget of @1.6M per year for 35 employees. Not much money there for salaries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That said, it's not hard to imagine that they would be supplementing their incomes in some fashion. I still think that there may have been extortion involved. I still think the pick up cop came around after he was no longer on the force, and they laughed in his face. Big mistake. It certainly explains the silence. If he falls, they all fall.

Lots of good thoughts, guys. So many possibilities my head is swimming. Ohio has more than its fair share of murders. From thinking about past murders of prostitutes, usually turns out the killer is some crazy person trying to rid the world of evil, or a serial killer on a rampage and picking prostitutes because they may not be missed for awhile.
Somehow, I don't think there is a tie to the Rhoden's. I think some sick greedy heartless atheist is behind these murders.
I think the suggestion of a new press conference is a great idea, and should also include the info that anyone with info afraid to call or come to the office could write them a letter. They could drop it off at the post office and nobody would ever know who mailed it.

A letter would be a good way to go. I'd wear gloves while writing it and mailing it though just to be sure. I'd be seriously paranoid. Sometimes I get a bit paranoid on here, thinking that the murder(s) may be on here too, just sitting back, and scrolling through, just for kicks.

JMO. I come from a family that was brought up in the mountains of Letcher and Bell Co Ky. My grandparents moved to Ohio from there to do "better" for their families. Their source of income (coal mines) shut down and they had to find a new way and new place to live or watch their families starve. They loved their homes, homes and a way of life that had been going on for generations.

With them came their culture, a proud culture that got all their generations through many years of poverty, hunger , and struggles just to survive. They and I were taught to take great "pride" into the very strong family we were "born-into". That the world could try and tear you down, but your family was always there for you no matter what. You also couldn't "depend" on anything important to you, but your family. You didn't discuss "private matters" outside of the family. Family "secrets" remained in the family. They were "nobodies business". In my family this was a golden rule!

You were also taught that we didn't take no "hand-outs". You worked anywhere you could find work. The bigger "sin" was sitting back on your a-- and being lazy. You got branded a "no-good good-for-nothing" for that and shamed and degraded for it! There was a lot of "pride" in my family! Remember, it wasn't so long ago that people were making " moonshine" and running it back in those hills, just to make extra money. I see "pot" as the modern day moonshine now for a lot of people. Right or wrong, they do it and that's just that.

I can "identify" and understand this family because of my own background. I don't agree with the way they went about some of the things they did, but I do understand. I've been in a lot of the places they were in, children, making mistakes about relationships, drugs, bad decisions. But I was lucky and lived through it, had a chance to change my life and did. Back in the day, this could have been " my family" so easily. It scares the crap out of me, that except for the grace of God, this could have been me. It gives me nightmares to think my children could have been killed because of my stupid, bad decisions. I think that's why this case affects me so much.

Yeah, there's been mention of at least one guilty party signed up here and watching to see if we're throwing around some of the right ideas since LE isn't dropping any info. Regardless, I believe someone is going to let something slip or LE will finally get the tip to start putting everything together.

Sorry about the "book" I just wrote. I was trying to explain how some of us "country folk" are and our way of thinking about some things, to other people who might not understand our way of life.

I kinda understand why it might be taking someone so long to come forward with information. JMO, but I would be scared for myself and my family. I mean a whole family got "wiped out" already. They would have no problem doing it to someone else.

Maybe the person could get into a lot of trouble themselves?

If the person is a "drug addict" most of the time, your not thinking about anything but getting high, so that you don't have to think about what bothers you.

And look at what's happened to the family that's left. Torn to pieces by the "public" for just being related to the victims. Put down for their way of life.
Sleuths finding out every little secret about your family and exposing it to the world.

Wow! wouldn't you be having trouble coming forward?

Sorry about the "book" I just wrote. I was trying to explain how some of us "country folk" are and our way of thinking about some things, to other people who might not understand our way of life.

I kinda understand why it might be taking someone so long to come forward with information. JMO, but I would be scared for myself and my family. I mean a whole family got "wiped out" already. They would have no problem doing it to someone else.

If the person is a "drug addict" most of the time, your not thinking about anything but getting high, so that you don't have to think about what bothers you.

And look at what's happened to the family that's left. Torn to pieces by the "public" for just being related to the victims. Put down for their way of life.
Sleuths finding out every little secret about your family and exposing it to the world.

It wasn't the whole family, though. The Kentucky brothers and families and Mom survived EXCEPT for Gary..... and would inherit whatever was left of the deceased side of the family. There was a major split in the family around the time of Clarence R's crime and incarceration. JMO

I've lived in the Appalachian Region all my life. I understand completely where you are coming from.

I just doubt the general public would trust them that their call would be anonymous or un-traced. I'd not. I've thought about what I'd do if I were in someone's shoes who knew something, and it's hard for me to say. I hope I'd do the right thing but in a place that small, just going to the LE department, would be seen by someone. Also, one of my theories is that it is a LEO. So that would make it very dicey to make a call or go in to make statement. I'd be terrified that I'd be putting my own family member's lives at risk.

I hear what you are saying. It's a very scary thing. However, I suppose if I knew, with no doubt, who did it and why, I'd contact the FBI if I was untrusting of the local LE. You could always drop a typed letter to SD. There are ways around being found out. I'd be very careful of the info that I knew and the perps knew I knew. I honestly don't think anyone knows aside from the perps in this case. I feel anyone in the public would be killed if they knew who did it. The perps too should be in fear of their lives. I couldn't tell you what I'd do if this were my family and I knew who did this. I'm not about killing people or even a supporter of the death penalty, but that might change if this happened to me.

I personally don't believe Reader is going to put up with a crooked cop. He seems sincere and seems like a man who does his job of upholding the law and protecting his community the best he can. He very well might be the only one out of the 35 people on staff at the SD. But there is no doubt he doesn't take kindly to crooked LE, my opinion of course and just from speculation.

]It wasn't the whole family, though.[/B] The Kentucky brothers and families and Mom survived EXCEPT for Gary..... and would inherit whatever was left of the deceased side of the family. There was a major split in the family around the time of Clarence R's crime and incarceration. JMO

BBM But, it was CR1 & DR's whole family. CR1, DR, CR2, FR, HR. They didn't kill the extended family members, the children of FR/ HG's/HR. GR could have possibly been in the wrong place at the wrong time. KR could have either been murdered b/c he was CR1's right hand man, and would know something, <modsnip>

BBM But, it was CR1 & DR's whole family. CR1, DR, CR2, FR, HR. They didn't kill the extended family members, the children of FR/ HG's/HR. GR could have possibly been in the wrong place at the wrong time. KR could have either been murdered b/c he was CR1's right hand man, and would know something, <modsnip>.

And again, as much as I try to find other reasons, this does make a lot of sense. No witnesses means better chance of never getting caught and living a life on the run.

And, since we've brought up the 6 girls in the Chillicothe area, I'm not convinced JMcC killed that 1 woman. I think this is a serial killer that did this to all 6 of these women. I've been watching the show on ID channel about these women. Their families, just so sad to not know. Think about how badly we want the Rhoden case solved, now imagine how the family left behind must feel!

And again, as much as I try to find other reasons, this does make a lot of sense. No witnesses means better chance of never getting caught and living a life on the run.

And, since we've brought up the 6 girls in the Chillicothe area, I'm not convinced JMcC killed that 1 woman. I think this is a serial killer that did this to all 6 of these women. I've been watching the show on ID channel about these women. Their families, just so sad to not know. Think about how badly we want the Rhoden case solved, now imagine how the family left behind must feel!

OT but, I think the evidence against him on that one woman is pretty steep. Whether he killed the other three, idk. There are two who are still missing, who I hope are just that, missing, but alive. Had a friend who would do that. She'd just take off and go missing. Her family wouldn't know if she was dead or alive. I've missed the series on ID. I meant to watch it and forgot. I'll have to catch up.

OT but, I think the evidence against him on that one woman is pretty steep. Whether he killed the other three, idk. There are two who are still missing, who I hope are just that, missing, but alive. Had a friend who would do that. She'd just take off and go missing. Her family wouldn't know if she was dead or alive. I've missed the series on ID. I meant to watch it and forgot. I'll have to catch up.

I hope they are just missing. Very interesting to say the least. Two of these girls found dead knew each other well. One was killed shortly after the other. Probably because of what she knew. It was reported she had been with her Right around the time she was killed.

If he is guilty, he must've wanted it to look like the same person was responsible and what better opportunity then a string of girls disappearing like that?

I'm sure they will air them again. I have to say though, the way the shows are laid out, is a little odd to me. It's like I watch them but I'm always distracted so I often think it's a rerun bc they show the same people and family members a lot.

It wasn't the whole family, though. The Kentucky brothers and families and Mom survived EXCEPT for Gary..... and would inherit whatever was left of the deceased side of the family. There was a major split in the family around the time of Clarence R's crime and incarceration. JMO
The "family" as you describe it, will most likely inherit nothing. The heirs of those deceased are the surviving grandchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror