OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that with DR just moving in the month before the murders that would have been known, (still haven't seen where she was living before the move) and that she wouldn't
be there till later after working a double. And what about their cellphones? Never heard if they were there or not. Jmo

DR has spent the majority of her life on UHR. With the exception of a maybe a couple brief moves, one of which I think was, when she was living in the trailer on Left Fork, that was down from KR's trailer, and that person was living w/FR & HHG. Then CR1 bought the trailer that she moved into in on March 21.

I'm going to go out on a thin limb here and try to tread as lightly as I can. I have another theory, but one that's been at the bottom of my list and I have only given more thought to it because of the mentioning in here about the possibility of bullying. What if CRsr had a relative who is male and is married to another male? I'm contemplating the possibility that if a couple like this existed, could have been bullied by the R family?

All speculation only on my part... remember, speculation is "the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence." ;-p

That's kind of similar to my theory, that I was hinting at earlier, only it would be someone who committed the crime b/c their loved one had been bullied by the family, due to their being different. It's a far out there theory on very thin branch for mine too.

Why would LE not want these murders solved?? What could they possibly gain ??

DR has spent the majority of her life on UHR. With the exception of a maybe a couple brief moves, one of which I think was, when she was living in the trailer on Left Fork, that was down from KR's trailer, and that person was living w/FR & HHG. Then CR1 bought the trailer that she moved into in on March 21.

She lived near KR where there is a pond on the property from what I understand.

Can those promoting the theories that the motive for 8 violent murders in 4 separate locations, some miles apart were committed over a jealous/scorned woman? Please explain how this scorned woman would be able to recruit 2 other people to help plan, carry out and cover up these executions with military precision in a short period of time? How did these killers manage to remain calm, cool and collected in the following days and months while not arousing suspicion of LE, friends, relatives or co-workers?

How has the enraged or jealous woman been able to exercise complete control over her accomplices to prevent them from confessing to others? Is it likely this person has prior experience in planning, executing and covering up multiple murders or was this just a brilliant plot executed on the spur of the moment?

I'm willing to consider any of these theories if there were any inkling that such a scenario is possible.

JMO: I'm still leaning towards the idea that this case is going to go cold because it involved persons in and outside the community involved in illegal activities. Fully investigating the case could end up revealing information about illegal activities of influential and powerful people. CR1 and KR found out about or participated in these activities and were killed (along with family) because of what they knew or did.

Second theory is similar to the above, but due to ongoing investigations into a broader network of criminal activities, innocent people's lives may be at risk.

Third theory is a combination of both - LE is not making a move for risking both groups - powerful people associated and lives of innocent people (possibly undercover agents or informants) at risk.

I still think when all is said and done, LE (at local and state level) would like to see this case swept under the rug. It's just too much of a headache for them to deal with.

Still open to other theories, though.
The different statements from LE seem to discard any "for profit" criminal activity as the motive. So would statistics as well, imo.

In a story discussed earlier, LM said it looked like a "hate crime". This is what I referred to when I talked about "ideology" as motive.

Here is definition of "hate crimes" according to FBI.

*https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2015-hate-crime-statistics-released

These cases are rare but do occur. Within the definition:
- race bias : 59%
- religious bias: 20%
- sexual orientation bias: 18%

IMO, a broad domestic motive is the most likely. But given the multiple perps, this case could be a hate crime or a retaliation to a hate incident.

Could someone else check this link for me? Maybe my browser is screwed up. On post #915, Thread #23, I linked this article and it had a video of Reader talking about the grow ops and cars and I'd posted :

I quoted him incorrectly, but, cartel is pretty much ruled out, he states that he feels it's local, and it's much bigger than a couple of stolen cars on the property or a couple of indoor grows. (loosely quoting)

http://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-c...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

I've had that in my little file for a very long time so I could refer back to it. I'm not seeing the video anymore. Maybe it's just my equipment but I've tried it in another browser too, and no video. Maybe the paper purges stuff for space?

Could someone else check this link for me? Maybe my browser is screwed up. On post #915, Thread #23, I linked this article and it had a video of Reader talking about the grow ops and cars and I'd posted :

I quoted him incorrectly, but, cartel is pretty much ruled out, he states that he feels it's local, and it's much bigger than a couple of stolen cars on the property or a couple of indoor grows. (loosely quoting)

http://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-c...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

I've had that in my little file for a very long time so I could refer back to it. I'm not seeing the video anymore. Maybe it's just my equipment but I've tried it in another browser too, and no video. Maybe the paper purges stuff for space?

You posted it in Thread 24, I was looking for it. Remember.

Yes, I agree, he said "cartel of any type". Another expert insider in the case also excluded this in another video interview. Again, I don't think this has anything to do with illegal trade of anything

I have wondered if CRsr moved her to the new location to keep her out of way, and at a new somewhat unknown location with the possibility of trouble ahead. Jmo

It loaded on my phone. On my desktop, it wouldn't even load any of the article as long as I had my ********* enabled.

Try this video link:
http://assets.scrippsdigital.com/cm...ly-homicides-may-be-locals&story=1&ex=&s=wcpo

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree, he said "cartel of any type". Another expert insider in the case also excluded this in another video interview. Again, I don't think this has anything to do with illegal trade of anything

I wonder why the video is gone? I can't find it anywhere either as of yet.

The interesting part about this quote, compared to smaller scale murders that capture public attention, is that Reader is the only LE officer making this statement. DeWine didn't concur, FBI and DEA have been silent, US Marshals, county and federal prosecutors - none have said they agree with Reader. He's the lone ranger out there sending his unusual messages to the public.

In a case of this magnitude, in an area known to be a major center for drug trafficking and MJ production, in a mass murder involving members of a family growing weed for sale, he's the only LE talking and he's the only one insisting it has nothing to do with drugs, MJ or organized crime. The public is being asked to believe that, for the first time in US crime history, someone executed 8 people in four different homes with military precision over, what? a fist fight? A love gone wrong?

Has Pike County had a history of these kinds of family massacres amongst members of its population? What are the most common types of murders in Pike County?

Where is other LE on this?

If this is a hate crime, that's a federal offense, investigated and prosecuted by the FBI and federal prosecutors. Why are they not involved or speaking out about it?

It loaded for me...thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Agree, something strange about that. It's also strange that LE forgot to mention the $10,000 reward that was available from government funds (Crimestoppers, IIRC) until the public brought it up. Even now, they don't mention that reward, whereas with most crimes LE will mention it periodically to encourage tips from the public.

Does LE think the reward is irrelevant or that the persons potentially providing tips don't deserve a reward? What if some innocent citizen driving down the road that night happened to see a suspicious vehicle or activity but is afraid to come forward? Would they not deserve the reward?

I was just watching the press conference for the two girls killed in Delphi, Indiana. It's such a stark contrast to the PC's and public messaging for this crime.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/21/officials-to-provide-update-in-murder-investigation-of-delphi-teens/

They reveal some evidence (voice recordings) to aid in getting tips from the public. They announce a couple dozen FBI agents are working on the case, in fact an FBI agent participates in the conference. They offer a $41,000 reward (part coming from the FBI) for information leading to the killers. They give some profile information about possible behaviors the perp might engage in after the crime to help potential witnesses. They offer absolute privacy to anyone sending in a tip - I don't recall this ever being offered in the Rhoden case.

http://www.wndu.com/

They offer sympathy and compassion to the girls, family and the public.

It's a stark contrast to the way Reader and DeWine have expressed themselves publicly in the Rhoden case, a case where children lost their young parents and some victims weren't yet out of their teens.

No cursing or threats or badgering.

Yes it is quite a contrast to the Rhodens-Gilley cases. In the Delphi Indiana murders, the FBI even added $25,000 to the reward fund (of $41,000). The FBI has stated that they will be there "until it is solved." You can find the news conference/update on rtv6 theindychannel on Facebook or in the Indianapolis Star newspaper.

So why hasn't the FBI posted a reward in the Rhodens-Gilley cases, The Eapmon murders or Candy Newland's and daughter's murders?

Is the FBI still involved in the Rhodens-Gilley cases? Is this a cold case now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to go out on a thin limb here and try to tread as lightly as I can. I have another theory, but one that's been at the bottom of my list and I have only given more thought to it because of the mentioning in here about the possibility of bullying. What if CRsr had a relative who is male and is married to another male? I'm contemplating the possibility that if a couple like this existed, could have been bullied by the R family?

All speculation only on my part... remember, speculation is "the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence." ;-p

I have been all over the board with this murder case. Here is theory number 103.

Reader says it doesn't involve drugs. I think LE is allowed to lie to reporters.

4 different murders at 4 different times but within a close radius.

The first couple was about 6 years ago IIRC. They were shot in the heads while in bed asleep. They were involved in drugs, selling, trafficking, taking.

Second one, mother and daughter (Newsomes). Shot in the head while in bed asleep (daughter tried to run IIRC.) Mother involved with drugs, selling, trafficking, taking.

Third one, Rhodens all shot in the head while in bed asleep (CR1 and GR dragged to bedroom and possibly covered with sheet.) CR1, GR, KR involved with drugs, selling, maybe trafficking, taking(GR).

Fourth one, Eapmans, shot in the head while in bed asleep. Involved with drugs, selling, trafficking, taking.

Too similar to be coincidences. I think this is one man running the show with help from others who all work for someone involved in drugs, or the big guy around town who orders these killings.

I think the killer who is in charge of these murders like to leave the crime scene a certain way. He has a ritual as in serial killer. Killing them in bed while asleep is his "signature". JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror