OH OH - Sharon Lynn Pretorius, 13, Dayton, 28 Sept 1973

This case tends to haunt me. I lived just blocks from her when this happened; yet, I didn't hear anything about it until 30 to 40 years later. I lived there from May of 1973 until May of 1975. It was my first apartment. It was a high crime area. It was bad enough in 1973 to make me uncomfortable. By 1975, me and others in my apartment building wouldn't walk anywhere outside alone. That was after an elderly resident was beaten and robbed while waiting at the bus stop. It has only gotten worse with time. A few years ago, I was waiting at an auto repair shop nearby for someone when an employee advised me to leave because I wasn't safe there.

She resembles Baby girl, located in 1985 in Campbell County, Tennessee.
According to Unidentified awareness (I don't know why it's impossible to include its link): "Recent testing indicates the girl was born and raised in Florida or central Texas for the first few years of her life, but she later moved elsewhere in the country. Such places have been estimated to be the Midwest, Rocky Mountains, Southwest or Pacific Coast states. She was not likely in Tennessee for long."

Sharon Lynn Pretorius​

sharon_lynn_pretorius_1.jpg
sharon_lynn_pretorius_2.jpg
sharon_lynn_pretorius_3.jpg
sharon_lynn_pretorius_4.jpg

Sharon, circa 1973; Age-progression to age 50 (circa 2010)
  • Missing Since 09/28/1973
  • Missing From Dayton, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/23/1960 (62)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 135 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A long-sleeved yellow flowered sweater, blue jeans and white sneakers.
  • Associated Vehicle(s)Dark blue 1965 Ford sedan
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Sharon did not wear makeup in 1973, and she frequently wore her hair in braids or pigtails.

Details of Disappearance​

Sharon was last seen on September 28, 1973, when she left her home on Cornell Drive in the Dayton View neighborhood of Dayton, Ohio. She had attended her classes at Fairview High School, where she was a freshman.

After school she went home, had a piano lesson, and left to collect money in the neighborhood for her Dayton Journal Herald newspaper route. She has never been heard from again.

Procedures at the time prohibited Sharon's family from reporting her as a missing child until 24 hours had passed. Investigators believe she did not run away and was probably abducted and murdered.

A witness saw a girl matching Sharon's description struggling with a Caucasian man near a car at the corner of Cornell and Philadelphia Drive at 5:30 p.m. on the day she disappeared. The car was a dark blue 1965 Ford sedan, and the man is described as Caucasian, between thirty and forty years old, with a medium complexion and a full beard. The man has never been identified and the girl was not confirmed to be Sharon.

Sharon's family describes her as an intelligent, responsible and studious teenager who always dressed modestly. She skipped the eighth grade at Cornell Heights School prior to her disappearance.

Authorities followed up many leads in her case over the years, but her disappearance remains a mystery. Her family held a memorial service for her in 2006.

Investigating Agency​

• Dayton Police Department 937-333-1070

Source Information​

Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Sharon's abduction. WHIO (Dayton CBS station) is going to be mentioning her case on the 5:00 p.m. news.

Attachments

• AC3774B2-10BD-420A-8515-9ACFD2DFEA63.jpeg
    AC3774B2-10BD-420A-8515-9ACFD2DFEA63.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 5

Dark Blue 1965 Ford Galxie 500 Sedan

A witness saw a girl matching Sharon's description struggling with a Caucasian man near a car at the corner of Cornell and Philadelphia Drive at 5:30 p.m. on the day she disappeared. The car was a dark blue 1965 Ford sedan, and the man is described as Caucasian, between thirty and forty years old, with a medium complexion and a full beard. The man has never been identified and the girl was not confirmed to be Sharon.

LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gentlegirl
Back