Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheryl Ann Tillinghast is not on the rule out list. Could BG be Sheryl?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tillinghast_sheryl.html

Should be easy to rule in/out

Sheryl Tillinghast NamUs Circumstances
Sheryl Tillinghast was employed and lived at the Wassaic State School, Wassaic, Dutchess County, New York until the time of her disappearance, about September 24, 1973. She reportedly left behind her possessions and two paychecks. Sheryl was originally from Phelps, Ontario County, New York. She remained in regular contact with her family until the time of her disappearance. No known vehicle. Sheryl was not reported missing until November 2, 1998. DNA and fingerprints are available. There are no dental records available.

Should be easy to rule in/out

Sheryl Tillinghast NamUs Circumstances
Sheryl Tillinghast was employed and lived at the Wassaic State School, Wassaic, Dutchess County, New York until the time of her disappearance, about September 24, 1973. She reportedly left behind her possessions and two paychecks. Sheryl was originally from Phelps, Ontario County, New York. She remained in regular contact with her family until the time of her disappearance. No known vehicle. Sheryl was not reported missing until November 2, 1998. DNA and fingerprints are available. There are no dental records available.

Maybe its her hair colour and her eyes in her photo, but I think Sheryl is worth calling in Roselvr. Nice find! Cross fingers.
:seeya:

Any idea why NamUs says Newton OH?

GPS coordinates
Address 1 Greenlee Rd
City Newton
State Ohio
County Miami

Still Seek Answers & I have a new FB page Never Foregt Me; we're going to focus on these older cases. I'm uploading all BG's pics & am making an album for her.

Any idea why NamUs says Newton OH?

GPS coordinates
Address 1 Greenlee Rd
City Newton
State Ohio
County Miami

Still Seek Answers & I have a new FB page Never Foregt Me; we're going to focus on these older cases. I'm uploading all BG's pics & am making an album for her.
ÿ
Great work getting these people's pictures and stories out to as many people as possible :)

I don't know much about how Facebook works, because I don't have a FB account and have no interest in signing up. When I try to read comments on Never Forget Me, FB tells me that I need to log in. Is there a way to make everything on your page accessible to the general public so that they don't have to have FB accounts?

ÿ
Great work getting these people's pictures and stories out to as many people as possible :)

I don't know much about how Facebook works, because I don't have a FB account and have no interest in signing up. When I try to read comments on Never Forget Me, FB tells me that I need to log in. Is there a way to make everything on your page accessible to the general public so that they don't have to have FB accounts?

I think FB has changed things because the page is set to public. Can you see it using this google cache link?

I can see this page, it is an excellent one by the way, kudos to its creator!

Thank you! SSA is the one that mostly posts. You can tell our posts apart because I make albums for each one; she uploads directly to the timeline.

Hi All:
Here is the link for Aida Calfee's thread in Websleuths:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115219&highlight=Calfee

And Doe:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2536dfga.html

Her date is Oct 2, 1981 but is this reliably the date she was last seen, or the date she was reported missing? Looking through what little info is available, it seems like there is at least a possibility of coverup involved here.

Aida's boyfriend was convicted of assaulting her by beating and strangling. Just like BG. Maybe she should be ruled out?

Hi All:

And Doe:

Her date is Oct 2, 1981 but is this reliably the date she was last seen, or the date she was reported missing? Looking through what little info is available, it seems like there is at least a possibility of coverup involved here.

Aida's boyfriend was convicted of assaulting her by beating and strangling. Just like BG. Maybe she should be ruled out?

She does look plausible facially, but I would think the pin in the elbow would rule her out.

I agree Carl. Below, "scars and marks" copied from Namus.:

"a 1/4" x 1/4" scar on lateral aspect of left arm, a 2 1/4" scar along radial aspect of the left wrist and forearm, a 1" scar along anterior aspect of left wrist"

Could any of those marks relate to a pin? There was SOMETHING going on with her left arm.

I looked at that buckskin jacket. Not only does it look handmade it looks Plains Indian handmade. If a more clear photo were submitted to the Smithsonian perhaps an anthropologist there could identify where it might come from.

I agree Carl. Below, "scars and marks" copied from Namus.:

"a 1/4" x 1/4" scar on lateral aspect of left arm, a 2 1/4" scar along radial aspect of the left wrist and forearm, a 1" scar along anterior aspect of left wrist"

Could any of those marks relate to a pin? There was SOMETHING going on with her left arm.

My daughter had to have pins in her elbow when she broke it in sixth grade. They were only needed to stabilize the fracture and were removed as soon as the bone healed. I don't know whether they left any traces that could be seen on x-ray. The scars are small and round, about the size of a shirt button or maybe a little smaller.

Hi All:

And Doe:

Just having my coffee; I see Todd is her contact. I found her brothers FB & ministry page; gonna see if he can get DNA. Not sure if her mom is still alive
Aida Calfee NamUs
Calfee was last seen in the company of her boyfriend on October 2, 1981. She allegedly got out of the car in Dalonega, Georgia to hitchhike home. She was seen heading south on Highway 19 and 41.

It would be great if Aida's brother was able to confirm when she was actually seen by someone other than her boyfriend. If she was really alive after April 24, 1981, then she is automatically ruled out for being BG.

BTW, compare Aida's and BG's ear lobes. They look a lot alike to me. I wish we had higher resolution photos.

It would be great if Aida's brother was able to confirm when she was actually seen by someone other than her boyfriend. If she was really alive after April 24, 1981, then she is automatically ruled out for being BG.

BTW, compare Aida's and BG's ear lobes. They look a lot alike to me. I wish we had higher resolution photos.

No reply yet. I gave him 2 ways to get a hold of me; email or FB PM to Never Forget Me. Sounds like he has more info then the little that's out there. I believe they got the missing date from a series of events; he tried to strangle her; she signed a complaint; had court. She vanished right before court. I'd like him to get a sample in NamUs and depending on what he knows; suggest to him to see if he can get search and rescue with cadaver dogs

No reply yet. I gave him 2 ways to get a hold of me; email or FB PM to Never Forget Me. Sounds like he has more info then the little that's out there. I believe they got the missing date from a series of events; he tried to strangle her; she signed a complaint; had court. She vanished right before court. I'd like him to get a sample in NamUs and depending on what he knows; suggest to him to see if he can get search and rescue with cadaver dogs

Aida's brother Carl didn't reply to my email so I sent him a FB PM. When he did not reply to that (it went to his inbox); I looked on his wall; saw a post by his daughter that he had passed away 6 months ago from heart disease. :( I sent his daughter a PM; going to put her in touch with Todd.

I'm sorry her brother passed away without answers. </3

Could it be that she had a pin in her wrist at one point instead of her having a permanent pin?

Could it be that she had a pin in her wrist at one point instead of her having a permanent pin?

It's entirely possible. Pins are usually used to stabilize a fracture, and are usually but not always removed after the bone heals. And based on my daughter's experience, I don't see anything about the scars that would be inconsistent with a surgical setting and pin. The 1/4"x1/4" scar is about the right size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2