Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hopefully we are just awaiting official confirmation of her identity.

Assuming that comes, her half-siblings say she was a regular hitchhiker. If that is correct then her murder is much more likely to have been the result of catching the wrong ride than domestic violence. I'm guessing it's very unlikely anyone will ever be charged with her death, but at least her surviving family will have her back and know what happened to her.

I have to say, the woman who claims to be her half-sister bears a striking resemblance in the eyes and nose. Wow. This is all so surreal. I will be utterly shocked if this is not her family, they seem very credible for many reasons and I'm not easily convinced with this kind of thing.

The cousin whose DNA apparently brought up the match has also posted in the Facebook group.

Everyone remember, this is a tentative ID. Although TS has claimed there has been a DNA match, no official DNA match has been made. So everyone tread with caution, as we have been fooled before.

Not saying these claims aren't legitimate, just that they have not been confirmed by Namus, law enforcement, or any other official sources. That process could take months.

Wise words. Let’s wait for LE official.

WOW....I am so excited. This is the case that brought me to WS and to travel the road that she was found on. I cannot believe it is finally happening (crossed fingers of course) and so happy she will be identified finally....the story will be amazing and very sad if it all comes out to be the truth. Redhead Murderer....did they ever find that particular SK Trucker??

I really wish there was a way to find out what might have brought the trucker (if true) to that isolated area. What companies were around there at the time that would allow someone to know it was a great turnaround road and so very dark? I checked it out (as if i was a bobtail) and it was so incredibly dark when you turn your lights out and you could see for miles and so very quiet....plus this was in 2013 not 1981 when land was much more rural. I am saddened we may never know who did this to her.

M’s half-sister left a pretty detailed comment on the Facebook page. I'll paraphrase here but you can go check it out, it's on her post. Check Visitor Posts and scroll down a bit.

She says that they believed M was in a group or commune and that she hitchhiked everywhere and traveled a lot. She stayed with the half-sister's family in Kansas around July 1980. She left sometime after that (sounds like later in 1980) and went to Arkansas, Illinois and Kentucky.

She also says in another comment that she thinks M went to high school in Arkansas or Kentucky and that she can find out where she went to school. She also remembers that Marcia graduated from high school in 1977 or 1978.

Looks like someone entered Marcia K as a placeholder profile on [Home town] classmates website... Class of 1978.

I saw the Facebook posts from the man and woman who claim to be her half-siblings. I cried tears of joy, as I feared that the amount of time that passed had erased those who knew her in life. Their statements sound credible and all we need now is Law Enforcement to confirm this.

Me too! I'm still crying! I'm so, so happy! She's a case I've worked since I've been here!

I do believe this is for real. LE has not put out an article like Lyle Stevik's LE did. DNA Doe project will not comment on the match until LE says they can.

This can go a few ways. They may honor the match, chances are they will not since it was GEDmatch. My guess is LE will use a private lab to get her mother's DNA which would be quicker then going thru UNT. I just hope NCMEC doesn't try to get involved because then it could take a long time. My partner and I are still waiting for one of our MP cases to be closed since June!

mod note: Do not post pictures of "potential" family members here.
:tyou:

So hopefully we are just awaiting official confirmation of her identity.

Assuming that comes, her half-siblings say she was a regular hitchhiker. If that is correct then her murder is much more likely to have been the result of catching the wrong ride than domestic violence. I'm guessing it's very unlikely anyone will ever be charged with her death, but at least her surviving family will have her back and know what happened to her.

I believe DV. I think she had a BF they don't know about or don't remember. Hopefully it will come out from one of her friends

Me too! I'm still crying! I'm so, so happy! She's a case I've worked since I've been here!

I do believe this is for real. LE has not put out an article like Lyle Stevik's LE did. DNA Doe project will not comment on the match until LE says they can.

This can go a few ways. They may honor the match, chances are they will not since it was GEDmatch. My guess is LE will use a private lab to get her mother's DNA which would be quicker then going thru UNT. I just hope NCMEC doesn't try to get involved because then it could take a long time. My partner and I are still waiting for one of our MP cases to be closed since June!

Based on the circumstances of this case and the attention do you think Buckskin's name and story will be officially released or not? I'm not familiar with how it usually goes. Might the process be expedited because of public attention? And if it is released I hope LE gives DNA Doe Project some credit!

Also, why would NCMEC make the process take forever?

Marcia's half brother deleted his post on the Who Was Buckskin Girl? page. I hope no one harassed him...

A man named T---S---- showed up on one of the FB pages for BG and says BG is his long lost half-sister Marcia.
Looks like that post isn't there anymore, or at least I cannot see it there anymore. Marcia's half-sister's posts are still there, though.

Hm, since it appears the MP was 22 when she disappeared, just curious as to why would NCMEC get involved? She's not a child, though her Jane Doe case is on their site because they weren't sure of her age when found, but if they know now, I don't see why they'd waste resources (probably not saying that right, but I hope you get my meaning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frisca