OH OH - Vera Jo Messersmith (Reigle), 24, brutally murdered, Findlay, 26 Mar 2011

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
vera.png
Is anyone familiar with the case of Vera Jo Reigle MESSERSMITH - Brutally murdered in Findlay, Ohio on March 26, 2011? I spent months researching her case and the events and people surrounding her murder. I wanted to write a short story/blog post about Vera because I feel like her story needs to be heard - and told as factually as possible.

I can't even find a good link containing information that does her any justice. (IMOO)

I will warn those of you who have not read about Vera's murder, that it is horrifying, infuriating, and very, very difficult to forget! If you do decide to research further or are familiar with her story, I'd love to hear your thoughts or opinions.

Last edited:
Ohhhh I thought this sounded familiar. This is the Good Night Sugar Babe case. I haven't seen the documentary but oh my gosh, that poor child. Vera didn't stand a chance around all of those predatory freaks. :(

Yes! Most of the monsters are still free! :mad: And preying...
One positive note is that after her murder, Vera’s young daughter was adopted and did not remain in the same environment Vera was brought up in!!

Last edited:
Yes! Most of the monsters are still free! :mad: And preying...
One positive note is that after her murder, Vera’s young daughter was adopted and did not remain in the same environment Vera was brought up in!!
I live in Ohio and am just appalled that something like this could happen! I would like to know if there is anything the average citizen can do to take some sort of action against this poor child. I would greatly appreciate any advice you might have . This monster is walking the streets of my state. Findley is about an hour and half from me. She will hurt people until she is locked up. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Bixler gets life for Vera Jo Reigle murder | wtol.com

are they one in the same? vera jo reigle/vera jo messersmith?

They are. Most likely they use her mother's surname considering she was raped by her own father.

Willard Riegle is incarcerated presently for the rape of a child.

It's people like Vera that make me question why do some get dealt such a lousey hand in life. Why she got a rotten roster? Nobody should have to be born into that, live in it, and then be murdered. That's Sainthood.

Sorry to bump this thread but I watched a YouTube video about this case. I am totally and absolutely appalled.

Sorry to bump this thread but I watched a YouTube video about this case. I am totally and absolutely appalled.
Same and I came here to look for it because I need a diagram to understand how the people living in that house were related.

I can’t really let myself fully process how horrible the torture was but I got hooked by learning that all of the murderers blamed each other. Did they ever find out what actually happened?

That whole family and everyone tangentially associated needs checked up on, like in the sense of seeing if they’re okay. Making sure no one else is being systematically tortured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diannewl
Back