OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

This article is really interesting about the domestic violence angle, with more of a focus on Nicole and the context of her life with him (much of which, it explains, wasn't mentioned in court).

Edited to add that the link seems to be a bit sporadic when I check it above, so it is: In Memory of Nicole Brown Simpson

Thanks for posting that. Everyone who cheered for him or says "But he was found Not Guilty" should read it.

He must have snapped a lot then, considering how many times Nicole called the cops on him for DV.
I'm talking about murder, which is obviously not comparable to domestic violence. He was capable of butchering two people and living a normal very high profile life for almost his whole life while being very charming and likeable. I find that interesting.

Ita.
In O.J.'s case, it felt more like a rage spurred by possessiveness and control of another person.
Actions that are not necessarily caused by CTE.
Omo.
I had the same impression from reading articles with excerpts from her diaries. He was very controlling and jealous from the beginning of their relationship. It had as much to do with controlling her day to day life, who she socialized with, how she dressed, etc. Those are classics signs of a toxic, psychologically abusive relationship - gradually separating his victim from friends , family and loved ones.
Here's an interesting article regarding DV among NFL players. Basically saying they are a consumer product and it's backlash not morality that drives the success of convictions.

It's why I don't watch pro sports anymore. Remember that horrible security cam video of a football player knocking his girlfriend unconscious?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another book that I found interesting and disturbing was written by OJ’s sports agent Mike Gilbert.It was his job to make OJ money. Maybe signing sports memorabilia during the trial but also the lengths he took to keep OJ’s possessions away from the Goldman family who were looking to collect on their 33 million dollar judgment. Taking his belonging worth thousands and putting it at his house before it went into a storage bin under his own name.Replacing his golf clubs with a no name brand from the salvation army.
It was unbelievable the amount of celebrity worship this man had. IMG_2648.jpeg

I had the same impression from reading articles with excerpts from her diaries. He was very controlling and jealous from the beginning of their relationship. It had as much to do with controlling her day to day life, who she socialized with, how she dressed, etc. Those are classics signs of a toxic, psychologically abusive relationship - gradually separating his victim from friends , family and loved ones.

It's why I don't watch pro sports anymore. Remember that horrible security cam video of a football player knocking his girlfriend unconscious?
Yes, I do. And the article I linked said having it on video was the only reason he got charged, convicted and incarcerated. If she'd just filed charges without video evidence of such a brutal attack he may have skated.

This article is really interesting about the domestic violence angle, with more of a focus on Nicole and the context of her life with him (much of which, it explains, wasn't mentioned in court).

Edited to add that the link seems to be a bit sporadic when I check it above, so it is: In Memory of Nicole Brown Simpson

Thanks for link. A horrifying, chilling, heartbreaking but very necessary read for anyone who continues to give Simpson the benefit of the doubt.

I have followed the Simpson murders and what happened to the victims since 1994. I hope with OJ’s passing the Goldman and Browns will finally receive some of the monetary judgement due them. I was always disgusted they were not able to touch his football pension.And of course some peace and closure regarding Nicole and Ron’s murders.

Bye.

Here's a wild headline from Daily Mail

ETA: I'm not sure I believe this because I believe the results of the DNA tests done at the crime scene and OJ's home. Even though defense successfully argued against them, JMO, they were accurate - showing OJ's blood, mixed with the victims', was found in several places, most importantly in his car and on the glove.

Las Vegas – The executor of O.J. Simpson’s estate says he will work to prevent a payout of a $33.5 million judgment awarded by a California civil jury nearly three decades ago in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of Simpson’s ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

Simpson’s will was filed Friday in a Clark County court in Nevada, naming his longtime lawyer, Malcolm LaVergne, as the executor. The document shows Simpson’s property was placed into a trust that was created this year...

I can’t believe how much possessions and money OJ has kept away from satisfying the judgement of 33 millions the Goldmans and Brown family won in the civil case.
He did loose his Brentwood estate. Then he moved to FL which is a state where you can’t take his property. As mentioned above Mike Gilbert filled his trucks to the roof loaded with Oj’s possessions. He was driving out one driveway and the Goldman’s drove in the other. He did this in every property he owned. Well now he regrets it.
He should have been able to take his football pension and everyhouse he owns to satisfy that judgement. Oj Should of been left homeless and penniless!IMG_2651.jpegNow his lawyer who is executing the will is the same way! This man killed their son!

Bye.

Here's a wild headline from Daily Mail

ETA: I'm not sure I believe this because I believe the results of the DNA tests done at the crime scene and OJ's home. Even though defense successfully argued against them, JMO, they were accurate - showing OJ's blood, mixed with the victims', was found in several places, most importantly in his car and on the glove.

The DM story is absurd and an obvious lie.

I can’t believe how much possessions and money OJ has kept away from satisfying the judgement of 33 millions the Goldmans and Brown family won in the civil case.
He did loose his Brentwood estate. Then he moved to FL which is a state where you can’t take his property. As mentioned above Mike Gilbert filled his trucks to the roof loaded with Oj’s possessions. He was driving out one driveway and the Goldman’s drove in the other. He did this in every property he owned. Well now he regrets it.
He should have been able to take his football pension and everyhouse he owns to satisfy that judgement. Oj Should of been left homeless and penniless!View attachment 496928Now his lawyer who is executing the will is the same way! This man killed their son!
Despicable. Hopefully, FL and NV courts will do the right thing and help the victims families recoup the funds legally owed them.

Las Vegas – The executor of O.J. Simpson’s estate says he will work to prevent a payout of a $33.5 million judgment awarded by a California civil jury nearly three decades ago in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of Simpson’s ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

Simpson’s will was filed Friday in a Clark County court in Nevada, naming his longtime lawyer, Malcolm LaVergne, as the executor. The document shows Simpson’s property was placed into a trust that was created this year...

It's sad that his children will be involved in the legal battles in probate court related to their father's will, but no doubt they have lived most of their lives under the shadow of his infamy. I hope it is settled quickly with justice for the Goldman and Brown families and for the children who are also victims of OJ's life and actions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge
Back