GUILTY OK - Christopher Lane, 22, Australian, slain in thrill killing, Duncan, 16 Aug 2013

We need to ask ourselves why we ignore so much of the lyrics that pound into our childrens heads from rappers whose message is about hate, rage,killing police, disrespecting women, etc.

Why are these billionaire "artists" feted by politicans and treated like royalty when they celebrate Gansta culture? Why do we want those messages droned into childrens heads breeding hate and violence?

And invited to the White House for special dinners.

Yeah, sending out a nice message, huh? It's disgusting.

It still bothers me why they chose that specific neighborhood, though. If the neighborhood is diversified, then I'd definitely go with random opportunity.

The reporting has been terrible but from what I've pieced together (which may be totally wrong since it's based on terrible reporting) they were at MJ's girlfriend's house. I believe this is the pregnant girlfriend who ran crying from the courtroom. Again, this is pure speculation and may be completely wrong but it's the best I can make out from the tiny glimpses of facts that seep through the media mishmash.

What I find totally illogical is why MJ is charged as an accessory after the fact when they singled out Christopher Lane before they got in MJ's car to follow him. If MJ knew that Luna was planning to shoot Lane then he's up to his neck in a murder charge. JMO, OMO, and MOO.

These perps played Call of Duty on a daily basis. I'm not blaming the video game, ok...but I honestly wonder if the makers and marketing geniuses that put out these games would still think its 'thrilling' if they were on the front lines in the service.

Years ago, video games here used to portray Russia in a negative lit, they were always the enemy in fighting games.

Now most of the war video games portray the Middle East as the enemy.

There's a lot of rap music that has its own agenda as well.

So why is any of it allowed? Freedom? It's bs.

The reporting has been terrible but from what I've pieced together (which may be totally wrong since it's based on terrible reporting) they were at MJ's girlfriend's house. I believe this is the pregnant girlfriend who ran crying from the courtroom. Again, this is pure speculation and may be completely wrong but it's the best I can make out from the tiny glimpses of facts that seep through the media mishmash.

What I find totally illogical is why MJ is charged as an accessory after the fact when they singled out Christopher Lane before they got in MJ's car to follow him. If MJ knew that Luna was planning to shoot Lane then he's up to his neck in a murder charge. JMO, OMO, and MOO.
because he snitched IMO

I thought that James Edwards threw the dog out the window of a moving car and killed it? Was it shot?

Oh, sorry. I thought they shot the dog. That's even worse then shooting the poor animal.

I completely agree & can't even believe why he isn't charged with the same! Chris Lane lost his life bc of them. Michael Jones could have turned around at any second. He could have just said no, faked car trouble if he was afraid or whatever. Hell, he could have just run them into a ditch instead of allowing Luna to shoot Chris Lane. He was the driver. He was their mode of transportation for that day & time. He should be equally as responsible.

Oh, sorry. I thought they shot the dog. That's even worse then shooting the poor animal.

Wait, I'm second guessing myself LambChop. I'm actually trying to go through stuff to find how the dog was killed & haven't found it yet. I did find somebody making a comment on James Edwards FB that said something to the effect of 'shame on you killing and innocent dog throwing him out of a moving car'...but I'm looking for something more concrete than that. That could have been one of those freaky racist trolls hounding his account. Ya know?

In my opinion, Jones obviously got these charges in exchange for talking. Because the crime he is accused of doesn't fit "accessory after the fact" since he alleged to have driven a car during the crime, not after it.

Lamb chop I always love your posts, but honestly as a nation who could do nothing over sandy hook this minor incident, everyday occurrence in America (compared to that) while being forever ingrained in the tapestry that is American life .... no one will do anything EVER IMO

The teen who went into Sandy Hook was a very sick person and was prepared to die in the process. These teens are not sick, not mentally ill. They are somewhat delusional thinking they could get away with it. They appear to be highly desensitized, or at least two of them. I'd say one is the leader and the other two just followed along. Who thinks to kill your friend because they won't join your gang? We've seen this type of personality in the courtrooms over the past few years. They are just evil. The families know what they are dealing with. They have to know that if they feel there is a problem with their child that there is somewhere they can go to get help before the child kills someone. I can't believe the family did not know that one of them had that potential. jmo

These perps played Call of Duty on a daily basis. I'm not blaming the video game, ok...but I honestly wonder if the makers and marketing geniuses that put out these games would still think its 'thrilling' if they were on the front lines in the service.

Years ago, video games here used to portray Russia in a negative lit, they were always the enemy in fighting games.

Now most of the war video games portray the Middle East as the enemy.

There's a lot of rap music that has its own agenda as well.

So why is any of it allowed? Freedom? It's bs.

Until parents are held responsible for their kids, nothing will change. Until parents are held responsible for their part in valuing education, respecting adults, teachers and laws, nothing will change.

Appropriate behavior starts at home. Until the correct person is held responsible- instead of it always being someone else's fault and someone else's problem- nothing will change.

Parents need to model a strong work ethic- or the kids won't work either. People want to have as many kids as they want without consequences or restriction- and expect the rest of the country to be agreeable to paying for them in numerous ways.

You can have great teachers, great mentors, free lunch and free computers- if the home is corrupt- it corrupts everything.

Charity and programs need to be a hand up- not a hand out. Welfare was never supposed to be lived on for an extended period of time. In some families, there are 4 generations on welfare. People are not marrying and having more children to stay on the dole.

Personal Responsibility seems to be dead in some parts of this country. Entitlement seems to be the word of the decade.

In my opinion, Jones obviously got these charges in exchange for talking. Because the crime he is accused of doesn't fit "accessory after the fact" since he alleged to have driven a car during the crime, not after it.

I agree the **** needs to go down just like the all the others I am so sick of these deals. Look at that little *** today, I just wanted to reach into the tv and of course make sure he went to prison for the rest of his life:floorlaugh: but he won't...makes me sick

Until parents are held responsible for their kids, nothing will change. Until parents are held responsible for their part in valuing education, respecting adults, teachers and laws, nothing will change.

Appropriate behavior starts at home. Until the correct person is held responsible- instead of it always being someone else's fault and someone else's problem- nothing will change.

You can have great teachers, great mentors, free lunch and free computers- if the home is corrupt- it corrupts everything.

Charity and programs need to be a hand up- not a hand out. Welfare was never supposed to be lived on for an extended period of time. In some families, there are 4 generations on welfare. People are not marrying and having more children to stay on the dole.

Personal Responsibility seems to be dead in some parts of this country.

Well,I'm on welfare. I've been on it a while and will probably be for the rest of my life.

My mother was on welfare too, come to think of it.

Guess that makes me -- what? Someone to be sneered at? An inept parent?

.....idk

We need to ask ourselves why we ignore so much of the lyrics that pound into our childrens heads from rappers whose message is about hate, rage,killing police, disrespecting women, etc.

Why are these billionaire "artists" feted by politicans and treated like royalty when they celebrate Gansta culture? Why do we want those messages droned into childrens heads breeding hate and violence?

Simple. They have money that the politicians want. Not to mention endorsements that are unwarranted. This is why people vote for polticians they know nothing about. Because a celebrity said so. :rolleyes:

Well,I'm on welfare. I've been on it a while and will probably be for the rest of my life.

My mother was on welfare too, come to think of it.

Guess that makes me -- what? Someone to be sneered at? An inept parent?

.....idk

:grouphug: I'm not momrids6 but I've read enough of her posts through time here and think she was speaking in a general sense. Welfare is a big debate here in the states bc it's the people that work that pay for people on welfare and they just keep having more & more babies without trying to get a job. Here in the states, it comes out of the working man's paycheck.

Personal Responsibility seems to be dead in some parts of this country.

That is exactly what I was saying in an earlier post. If the perps are too young to be tried as an adult for murder or other serious crimes, then obviously the responsibility falls largely on the parents and hence it's the parents who need to answer questions.
We need to have a protocol set up for this.
We are seeing more and more violence from our youth.
And society (not the parents) are paying the price.
Maybe better and more involved parenting would occur if there was a party they had to answer to when their child committed a crime?
Maybe there should be progressive steps involved: starting with reporting of nefarious activities to a central agency, structured counseling, confinement if aggression continues, rehabilitation efforts, fines, penalties, and maybe as we "progress", even prison time if egregious neglect of parental duties results in putting society at large in harm's way.

'Just thinking out loud 'cause I'm sick of parents that think they don't have much ado with the progression of building the character within a child so that he/she becomes a constructive, productive part of our society.

Also, I'm very tired of parents that defend their child despite their horrific actions.

Yea, you can basically count on relatives claiming "but he is such a good boy" regardless of what kind of horrific crime this supposed "good boy" is accused of.

Simple. They have money that the politicians want. Not to mention endorsements that are unwarranted. This is why people vote for polticians they know nothing about. Because a celebrity said so. :rolleyes:

You said that so well!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back