OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am skeptical, too, and I wonder what was discovered to make them feel this way. I haven't seen it in print anywhere that the Guthrie police think Daryn left voluntarily. I understand that it was stated on the facebook page, but I haven't seen anything to back it up......and for that matter I haven't seen any police organization or any organization state that Daryn left voluntarily.
Who did Daryn contact then? When did Daryn contact anybody?
Why do they come to this conclusion? Is it fact, or an assumption?
Fact and assumptions are 2 different things.......
IMOO.

AFAIK, no statement. has been released by any LE body. I think they just had a conference with the family to report their findings and conclusions from those findings.

I am curious too, but I guess we have to wait until either him, his family, or LE make a statement.

JMO

If he went missing voluntarily and doesn't seem to be in danger, wouldn't the family be able to release more details?
For example: LE says that a large sum of money was withdrawn....there were computer searches about Mt. Hood...he packed up Gypsy's things and it looks like Gypsy is traveling with him...he has spoken to some of his friends since his disappearance...etc.

I really don't think DRC left without telling anyone - ANYONE - where he was going.

Would be nice - well, at lot of things "would be nice," I know - but it would be nice if posters in social media, if they are aware of any sort of info as to his actual whereabouts, would reveal this information - as his family is said to know only that he left of his own accord. I feel sorry for his family and, while it is legally fine, if one has achieved his or her majority, to take off and tell no one - well, his family would like to know.*

Instead, we've seen some retreat in terms of once-frequent social media posters following the recent revelations. Hm.**

(*possibility exists that they do know, but have chosen for whatever reason not to reveal this)

(**possibility exists that they were stunned by the "voluntarily missing" info too)

I really don't think DRC left without telling anyone - ANYONE - where he was going.

Would be nice - well, at lot of things "would be nice," I know - but it would be nice if posters in social media, if they are aware of any sort of info as to his actual whereabouts, would reveal this information - as his family is said to know only that he left of his own accord. I feel sorry for his family and, while it is legally fine, if one has achieved his or her majority, to take off and tell no one - well, his family would like to know.*

Instead, we've seen some retreat in terms of once-frequent social media posters following the recent revelations. Hm.**

(*possibility exists that they do know, but have chosen for whatever reason not to reveal this)

(**possibility exists that they were stunned by the "voluntarily missing" info too)

BBM: This has me puzzled too.

If he went missing voluntarily and doesn't seem to be in danger, wouldn't the family be able to release more details?
For example: LE says that a large sum of money was withdrawn....there were computer searches about Mt. Hood...he packed up Gypsy's things and it looks like Gypsy is traveling with him...he has spoken to some of his friends since his disappearance...etc.

RBBM: I guess that would depend on what the family feels comfortable with releasing.

JMO

***Bumping for Daryn***

I was asked not to discuss this case, so I won't; but I WILL say that I will never forget the hard work and hours of effort ya'll put in for Daryn (and Gypsy!) You are aces in my book and always will be!

:rockon:

:cheers:

:blowkiss:

Looks like the FindDaynRayCollie FB page is gone now.

I sincerely hope that Daryn is okay, enjoying life right now and that his family and/or LE didn't abandon his MP case prematurely.

Looks like the FindDaynRayCollie FB page is gone now.

Interesting. Did the facebook page discuss where Daryn is?
Or the fact that the page no longer exists means that the administrator of the page no longer wants to keep it open, with NO explanation other than they think he voluntarily left?
Sad. I wish we knew more.
IMOO.

Oooook. :confused: This has been a crazytrain since day 1. Shutting down the fbook page is bizarre. Hope Daryn just decided to take Gypsy and get the heck outta OK (like I'd love to do).

Maybe Daryn took his cat & went to live a new life somewhere else. Maybe his friends & family don't know where he is. He could simply have walked into a police station wherever he is, told LE he's okay and isn't missing but he doesn't want his family and friends to know where he is.
My guess is that's what happened here.

I was asked not to discuss this case, so I won't; but I WILL say that I will never forget the hard work and hours of effort ya'll put in for Daryn (and Gypsy!) You are aces in my book and always will be!

:rockon:

:cheers:

:blowkiss:

Well, where do we go from here?
Seriously, any info at all to help? We'd love to find him if he wants to be found.

Facebook FindDRC page is back, though it appears with nothing new.

I have an interesting screen shot (from way back when) from a post that someone else reposted here from FB<modsnip> titled Follow the Money. It was a crazytrain of a post and after it was posted here, we were totally derailed and the thread was closed.

I just re-read it and am no clearer on wth it even all means. <modsnip>

I think of Gypsy The Cat (that we don't even know but all grew to care about her whereabouts) whenever I talk to my cats. I hope Daryn is petting his Gypsy and talking to her right now.

Something about this seemingly kind and gentle soul really got to me. I do hope he is safe and happy.

I have an interesting screen shot (from way back when) from a post that someone else reposted here from FB <modsnip> titled Follow the Money. It was a crazytrain of a post and after it was posted here, we were totally derailed and the thread was closed.

I just re-read it and am no clearer on wth it even all means. <modsnip>

I think of Gypsy The Cat (that we don't even know but all grew to care about her whereabouts) whenever I talk to my cats. I hope Daryn is petting his Gypsy and talking to her right now.

Something about this seemingly kind and gentle soul really got to me. I do hope he is safe and happy.

ETA: from the screen shot I have, I would surmise that Daryn left because he was in a not so great relationship with someone, maybe being taken advantage of... (and I am ending that sentence with a preposition just because. ha!)

Ok, odd. I tried to edit and it just made a new post. sorry for the double.

I guess we will never know... I honestly hope and pray that Daryn and Gypsy live a long and happy life... I wish them nothing but the best. I really hope this is accurate and that he is has just moved on and started a private chapter in his life... I have continued to dig and search the internet and never saw one new thing. I cannot say I am relieved, as we really know nothing more than before, but I can say it appears that whatever the family was told, they are satisfied... so all I can do now is wish them all the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat