GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

Joe Neff find a grave

judging by Mr. Nichols' booking photo he doesn't exactly look like the picture of health. I wonder if his health has declined in the past few years since Joe's murder? Joe looked to be very strong and fit....this guy looks like a wimp in comparison to Joe so I wonder who else helped him and how they were able to overpower Joe.

I'm so relieved that this guy is behind bars where he belongs.....finally.

I wonder if he got a little karma from Joe

Wow. I never knew this thread existed until today. I am glad to know justice came for Joe and those who miss him.

Wow. I'm so happy to see the news! I followed this case quite a bit early on, but seemed like it was hopeless. Finally, justice! Praise be.

I remember this thread well, so happy to hear that justice will be served. :)

PRAISE GOD THERE HAS BEEN ARREST!!!! It was my uncle, my mothers brother. I am not shocked. I'm so thankful to each & every one of you. For the thoughts & prayers. For caring about my dads case. Thank you! I'm so sorry I've not been on here. It was driving me crazy. I had to pray about it and actually give it to God. After I let it go, He guided the case. I'm so glad hes in jail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept 24th. We will see after he gets a court appointed attorney what is next. Thanks, love to you all!!!! Marie (missingmydad)

mmd, so happy you checked in... I (& all your WS friends) will keep you in our hearts & pray for healing in your life. The love for your dad shines through your posts & you have honored his memory. Godspeed to you & your family.

I'm glad there is an arrest, but sorry it is a relative of yours. I hope the trial is swift and he gets the sentence he deserves.

Hearing Scheduled for Man Accused of Killing Poteau Bar Owner. (5newonline.com)

With synopsis of crime plus a video.

Let's hope Marie and her family can have an early Christmas miracle that any trial does not drag on and that justice will be quick.

The preliminary hearing for Raymond Larry Nichols, 60, of Cameron, Okla.is scheduled for Dec. 4 at 9:30 a.m. at the LeFlore County Courthouse. The judge blocked off a full day for the hearing because the district attorney announced he will be calling at least a half-dozen witnesses during the hearing.

Glad to see this case finally in the "Awaiting Trials" forum!

Court appearance scheduled for Wednesday, 12/4. Looks like the pros has lots of witnesses, so probably an all day session, per above link.

JMHO
fran

I know they were due in court today, but I can't find any news outlet articles.

Thoughts and prayers to mmd. This must be a very difficult day for her.

JMHO
fran

Nichols to face trial in Neff slaying LeFlore County Special Judge Jeff Singer ordered Raymond Larry Nichols, 60, of Cameron to face trial for first-degree murder in the 2009 shooting death of local bar owner Joe Neff.
Of the multiple witnesses called by the state during a preliminary hearing Wednesday, most were police officers involved in the investigation or were present when Oklahoma Highway Patrol dive team recovered a gun that they believed to be the alleged murder weapon from the same strip pit near Pocola where Neff’s body had been found in 2009.

Figured out what case the attorney withdrew from the case - MI - Coral Pearl Hall

Cameron Man Bound Over In Ex-Brother-In-Law's Slaying

POTEAU — A Cameron man was set for formal arraignment Wednesday in the 2009 slaying of his former brother-in-law.

After a 90-minute hearing Wednesday, Raymond “Larry” Nichols, 61, was bound over on a charge of first-degree murder in the May 2009 death of Poteau bar owner Joe Neff, 61. Formal arraignment is set for Dec. 18.

LeFlore County Detention Center supervisor Chad Lamb testified Wednesday that Nichols told him he had killed Neff.

http://swtimes.com/news/cameron-man-bound-over-ex-brother-laws-slaying

Much more at link^

On the link that ColdPizza posted above said another hearing Dec. 18th, but can't find out what happened??

Anyone? TIA! :wave:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back