OK - Five (5) Found Dead at Suburban Home - Yukon, Oklahoma City - 22 April 2024

Unfortunately in many situations, one does not recognize the red flags because they did not appear to be red flags at the time. Sure it's important to educate people on what are generally considered to be the most common "red flags" but there's no way to account for every single potential warning sign.

Unfortunately in many situations, one does not recognize the red flags because they did not appear to be red flags at the time. Sure it's important to educate people on what are generally considered to be the most common "red flags" but there's no way to account for every single potential warning sign.
Ita.
And it sounds right now as if no one could see this coming and thus try to prevent it !

In the last link in my previous post, some depression on the part of the killer was mentioned, but at the same time an acquaintance mentioned if you need something fixed ... J.C. would do it for you.
How sad if this depression was the only reason for this J.C. to commit such acts.
Omo.

“It’s unclear what made him want to go through the home killing the children. But make no mistake about it, what happened in that residence was nothing short of a massacre. Those children were hunted down and killed after the woman was killed,” MSgt. Gary Knight, Oklahoma City Police.

“It’s unknown if it was planned or if it was something spontaneous,” said Knight.

“Investigators determined that sometime overnight, the husband and father in the home, Jonathon Candy, became involved in an altercation with his wife, Lindsay. At some point, he armed himself with a gun. He shot her multiple times, killing her. At that point, he systematically went to the home shooting and killing their children… There were two bodies downstairs, the wife and one of the children. And two were upstairs, both of those children,” said Knight.

“He had apparently been asleep the whole time. Again, it’s unclear why he was left alone,” said Knight.

“The child was placed with a relative to take care of him,” said Knight.
Discover Oklahoma interviewed the couple in 2022 about one of their favorite bakery and deli shops in Yukon. You can see the two talking about their favorite items on the menu.

“I come here twice a week in the morning just for their breakfast burritos, which are by far anything better than you can get around here… I love carrot cake. I don’t eat a lot of sweets even with my last name. But I love the carrot cake,” said Jonathon Candy.

“I like the cannoli,” said Lindsay Candy.

News 4 confirmed with an OKC Thunder official that quote, “Jonathon worked as a part-time game night engineer for the Thunder.”
*My daughter used to live in Yukon. I can’t believe this has happened. This was a massacre! Oklahoma has had so many sad tragedies lately. :(

The home is within Oklahoma City limits between Yukon and Mustang. Ethan and Lucas Candy were Mustang Public Schools students, while Dylan Candy was a 2023 Mustang graduate, according to information released by the school district Monday.

Candy was always helping others in the several years he knew him, Burcham said. Candy helped him out with both his car and lawnmower, and helped another neighbor with ceiling fans. Candy and Burcham spent time flying their drones together, and Burcham saw him as a friend. He said he never saw or heard of any incidents between Candy and his wife, Lindsay.

Candy had guns, as well as food stored up, but not so much that it seemed out of the ordinary, Burcham said.

"All day we just couldn't imagine," he said. "He must have really been having a hard time," Burcham added of Candy.

Candy and Burcham had both previously shared with each other they each struggled with depression.

Last edited:
OCPD officials said there was no history of police responding to the home and there were no calls regarding domestic abuse.

Police added that Jonathon Candy worked at the Paycom Center as a part-time employee for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Friends and neighbors told KOCO 5 that he was at Sunday night's Thunder-Pelicans playoff game just hours before the shooting

Even if your child did not know the student(s)/family, they may be impacted by this sad news. This website provides resources to help with these difficult conversations; in addition, the MPS website also has many links to resources in our area

This is literally down the road from me (different neighborhood). Although I haven't heard anything more than what has been reported and comments on FB. Mustang public schools have lost 5 students this year, including my nephew. The city is in mourning.

I’m so sorry that you’ve lost your nephew.

I’m not even going to speculate about this family annihilation until more is known. It seems to me that it will be what it appears to be. Good dad goes berserk.

How this little boy will survive what he woke up to, I don’t know.

JMO

Sorry in advance but I'm not feeling very sympathetic towards Mr. Candy.
Get some professional help/counseling, or commit yourself for a time to a mental health hospital if the depression is that bad.

Do not turn on your beloved family, leaving the youngest to experience the nauseating trauma of discovering his own families' bodies.
He had no right to take those lives.
The child will most likely need therapy for the remainder of his life !
Omo.

Pure speculation on my part. Since Mr. Candy was a part-time employee with a sports team, could it be possible he is also an athlete of some type? Perhaps CTE? Or steroid use?
There is so much we still don't know. For example, LE reported he worked part-time. Was that by choice? If Mr. Candy celebrated with alcohol a little too much after the game, that may have triggered an argument with his wife that got out of control. This is so heartbreaking for the surviving child and family.

JMO

“It’s unclear what made him want to go through the home killing the children. But make no mistake about it, what happened in that residence was nothing short of a massacre. Those children were hunted down and killed after the woman was killed,” MSgt. Gary Knight, Oklahoma City Police.

“It’s unknown if it was planned or if it was something spontaneous,” said Knight.

“Investigators determined that sometime overnight, the husband and father in the home, Jonathon Candy, became involved in an altercation with his wife, Lindsay. At some point, he armed himself with a gun. He shot her multiple times, killing her. At that point, he systematically went to the home shooting and killing their children… There were two bodies downstairs, the wife and one of the children. And two were upstairs, both of those children,” said Knight.

“He had apparently been asleep the whole time. Again, it’s unclear why he was left alone,” said Knight.

“The child was placed with a relative to take care of him,” said Knight.
Discover Oklahoma interviewed the couple in 2022 about one of their favorite bakery and deli shops in Yukon. You can see the two talking about their favorite items on the menu.

“I come here twice a week in the morning just for their breakfast burritos, which are by far anything better than you can get around here… I love carrot cake. I don’t eat a lot of sweets even with my last name. But I love the carrot cake,” said Jonathon Candy.

“I like the cannoli,” said Lindsay Candy.

News 4 confirmed with an OKC Thunder official that quote, “Jonathon worked as a part-time game night engineer for the Thunder.”
*My daughter used to live in Yukon. I can’t believe this has happened. This was a massacre! Oklahoma has had so many sad tragedies lately. :(

Seeing them in that lifestyle-type news segment is surreal.

Jonathan fb page
Not sure if anyone clicked on the image on his FB page to blow it up and also to check out the date. WTH??? That pic was posted the evening of 3/6. Unsure if it's supposed to be a joke and posed or what. If it's posed it's a sick sense of humor.

<modsnip - image removed as it could be the surviving child>

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if anyone clicked on the image on his FB page to blow it up and also to check out the date. WTH??? That pic was posted the evening of 3/6. Unsure if it's supposed to be a joke and posed or what. If it's posed it's a sick sense of humor.

<modsnip - image removed as it could be the surviving child>

I'm confused. What's significant about the date it was posted?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back