GUILTY OK - Mom shoots her 3 children, killing 1, critically injuring 1 & grazing 3rd, Beggs, 01 Nov 2018

No problem.

Once the Supreme Court ruled on McGirt (summer 2020), defendant Hall was indicted by a federal grand jury, and I've been pulling the federal court docket and sharing with @Niner ever since:

U.S. District Court

Eastern District of Oklahoma (Muskogee)

CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 6:20-cr-00111-RAW-1

@Seattle1

One thing to keep in mind as to the length of time it takes to get these cases through court, is that after the McGirt ruling the federal courts are having to retry cases that were already tried and sentenced in state courts. In fact they are swamped.

They are now kicking some back to the state that involve a non Native American perpetrator on a Native victim. Others such as Hall tried to take advantage of the ruling to get her case out of state court and into federal court because Oklahoma has the death penalty and are not shy about following through with it fairly quickly.

But it continues to be law that if it is a Native American perpetrator in Indian Territory it either stays in Tribal Court or goes to federal court. The state of Oklahoma has no jurisdiction over us. Neither does any city in Oklahoma.

One of the saddest aspects of this case is KT played football for Beggs and was a number one draft pick for the University of Oklahoma among other colleges. He had already been approached by TU, OU, Alabama and OSU with a full ride scholarship. He had a bright future in Pro football. I saw him play a few times when Beggs played Hominy and Pawhuska. The kid had a gift, that's for certain.

@Seattle1 - just going thru some oldies & wondering if there might be more updates on her case and MAYBE a sentencing date??
TIA! :)

U.S. District Court​

Eastern District of Oklahoma (Muskogee)​

CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 6:20-cr-00111-RAW-1​

Case title: USA v. Hall

Date Filed: 10/28/2020

Date Filed#Docket Text
01/19/2023
TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings (Unredacted) of Change of Plea Hearing held on 11/28/2022 before District Judge Ronald A. White (Court Reporter: Joanna Smith) (Pages: 1-29) A party must file a Transcript Redaction Request within 21 calendar days. If a party fails to request redaction, this unredacted transcript may be made electronically available to the public without redaction after 90 calendar days. Any party needing a copy of the transcript to review for redaction purposes may purchase a copy from the court reporter or may view the transcript at the court public terminal. There is no charge to view the transcript at the court public terminal. (Re: 102 Minutes of Change of Plea Hearing, Minutes of Motion Hearing) as to Amy Leann Hall (js, Court Reporter) (Entered: 01/19/2023)
01/27/2023
MOTION to Withdraw Attorney(s) by Amy Leann Hall. (Fleury, Sonia) (Entered: 01/27/2023)
01/31/2023
115​
MINUTE ORDER by District Judge Ronald A. White: granting 114 Motion to Withdraw Counsel and Appoint Substitute Counsel. Attorneys Victoria Brambl and Sonia Fleury are deemed withdrawn and the Federal Public Defender is directed to appoint substitute counsel forthwith for defendant Amy Leann Hall (tls, Deputy Clerk) (Entered: 01/31/2023)
02/01/2023
ATTORNEY APPEARANCE (CJA) by Carla R. Stinnett on behalf of Amy Leann Hall (Stinnett, Carla) (Entered: 02/01/2023)

Docket entries at 2/5/2023

@Niner, it appears the defendant's attorneys are back to playing musical chairs and she will have yet another attorney appointed for sentencing.

Whether or not this delays the inevitable sentencing date to impose the life term is yet to be seen. MOO

ETA: Defendant entered her plea on 11/28/2022 and Rule 32 says except for good cause, the defendant should be sentenced within 60 days of this date. The parties can also agree to waive this requirement.

Rule 32 says the defendant should have a copy of her pre-sentence report at least 24 days before sentencing.

Seems to me that her previous attorney withdrew around the 60-day mark so I think they likely waived the requirement. The defendant is probably in no rush to get to her permanent home where she'll take her last breath.

Last edited:

U.S. District Court​

Eastern District of Oklahoma (Muskogee)​

Date Filed#Docket Text
01/19/2023
TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings (Unredacted) of Change of Plea Hearing held on 11/28/2022 before District Judge Ronald A. White (Court Reporter: Joanna Smith) (Pages: 1-29) A party must file a Transcript Redaction Request within 21 calendar days. If a party fails to request redaction, this unredacted transcript may be made electronically available to the public without redaction after 90 calendar days. Any party needing a copy of the transcript to review for redaction purposes may purchase a copy from the court reporter or may view the transcript at the court public terminal. There is no charge to view the transcript at the court public terminal. (Re: 102 Minutes of Change of Plea Hearing, Minutes of Motion Hearing) as to Amy Leann Hall (js, Court Reporter) (Entered: 01/19/2023)
01/27/2023
MOTION to Withdraw Attorney(s) by Amy Leann Hall. (Fleury, Sonia) (Entered: 01/27/2023)
01/31/2023
115​
MINUTE ORDER by District Judge Ronald A. White: granting 114 Motion to Withdraw Counsel and Appoint Substitute Counsel. Attorneys Victoria Brambl and Sonia Fleury are deemed withdrawn and the Federal Public Defender is directed to appoint substitute counsel forthwith for defendant Amy Leann Hall (tls, Deputy Clerk) (Entered: 01/31/2023)
02/01/2023
ATTORNEY APPEARANCE (CJA) by Carla R. Stinnett on behalf of Amy Leann Hall (Stinnett, Carla) (Entered: 02/01/2023)

Docket entries at 2/5/2023

@Niner, it appears the defendant's attorneys are back to playing musical chairs and she will have yet another attorney appointed for sentencing.

Whether or not this delays the inevitable sentencing date to impose the life term is yet to be seen. MOO

Thanks for that info! i shall ask again - maybe in a couple of weeks - if you do not mind.

Thanks for that info! i shall ask again - maybe in a couple of weeks - if you do not mind.

From the docket -- looks like the new attorney filed a notice of appearance on or about the 60-day since the verdict entered. No doubt getting the sentencing on the calendar within 60 days of 11/28/22 was waived-- she's in no hurry to get to her new cell.

New counsel on 2/1, I'm thinking within another 60 days and she should be done.

ETA: Defendant entered her plea on 11/28/2022 and Rule 32 says except for good cause, the defendant should be sentenced within 60 days of this date. The parties can also agree to waive this requirement.

Rule 32 says the defendant should have a copy of her pre-sentence report at least 24 days before sentencing.

Seems to me that her previous attorney withdrew around the 60-day mark so I think they likely waived the requirement. The defendant is probably in no rush to get to her permanent home where she'll take her last breath.
^^rsbm

From the docket -- looks like the new attorney filed a notice of appearance on or about the 60-day since the verdict entered. No doubt getting the sentencing on the calendar within 60 days of 11/28/22 was waived-- she's in no hurry to get to her new cell.

New counsel on 2/1, I'm thinking within another 60 days and she should be done.

^^rsbm

Than I shall be back about a month & a half. Should hopefully be something there than.

@Seattle1 - just wondering if the court site might have some updates yet?

@Seattle1 - just wondering if the court site might have some updates yet?

3/2/23

A Beggs mother pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to shooting and killing two of her children and assaulting the third in Okmulgee County in 2018, according to court documents.

A Beggs mother pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to shooting and killing two of her children and assaulting the third in Okmulgee County in 2018, according to court documents.

Amy Leann Hall pleaded guilty to two counts of murder in Indian Country and one count of assault with intent to commit murder in Indian Country.

In her plea agreement, Hall admitted that on Nov. 1, 2018, she shot and killed her 18-year-old son, Kayson Toliver, and her 16-year-old daughter, Kloee Toliver.

She also admitted to using a firearm to assault, with the intent to commit murder, her then 14-year-old daughter.

All of the victims were Indian and the crime occurred within Indian Country.

3/2/23

Amy Leann Hall pleaded guilty to two counts of murder in Indian Country and one count of assault with intent to commit murder in Indian Country.

In her plea agreement, Hall admitted that on Nov. 1, 2018, she shot and killed her 18-year-old son, Kayson Toliver, and her 16-year-old daughter, Kloee Toliver.

She also admitted to using a firearm to assault, with the intent to commit murder, her then 14-year-old daughter.

All of the victims were Indian and the crime occurred within Indian Country.

This article is originally posted on 11/29/22 - I have that plea deal in my notes - I was just wondering when she will be sentenced. :)

I guess we will never know why ALH murdered her son and daughter before a younger, third child took the gun away from her. A month earlier, she'd been granted an emergency custody order after accusing father Gennaro Toliver of abuse.

11/2/18

The order claimed "the minor children will suffer irreparable harm" if they aren't placed with Hall for the following reasons:

• Hall accused Toliver of showing up at Hall's home at all hours of the night.
  • The document goes on to show Hall claimed Toliver got into a fight with Kyson -- the teenager who died -- resulting in scratches.
  • She also alleged Toliver sent inappropriate and threatening texts to all of the children.
We tried to find any record of protective orders Toliver may have requested against Hall and we found nothing.
Law enforcement confirms to us they have been called to Hall's home multiple times for various reasons.

How many of those were domestics between Toliver and Hall or with the children specifically – we're working to find that out.
While most of the court records paint Toliver as an unfit parent, Hall is the one facing murder charges.

Last edited:
@Seattle1 - any sentencing date yet? Anything after the #116 (2/1/23) on the docket site?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

@Seattle1 - any sentencing date yet? Anything after the #116 (2/1/23) on the docket site?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley
I dunno why no updates to the docket since 2/1/23 -- this is what I get today:

6:20-cr-00111-RAW All Defendants USA v. Hall
Date filed: 10/28/2020
Date of last filing: 02/01/2023

I guess she's happy she did not get the DP and not making any noise. I recall she lost all her attorneys and just had a new one assigned (Carla Stinnett) file an appearance for Hall on 2/1/23. In other words, no sentencing date on the record yet!

@Seattle1 - just going thru some oldies - any updates yet on her sentencing date?

TIA!
The Waving Smiley Smiley

@Seattle1 - going thru a few oldies - any sentencing date yet or has she been sentenced by now?

I have her on 11/28/22 for a plea hearing where she plead guilty. Last entry I have is on 2/1/23 #116 on the docket.

@Seattle1 - going thru a few oldies - any sentencing date yet or has she been sentenced by now?

I have her on 11/28/22 for a plea hearing where she plead guilty. Last entry I have is on 2/1/23 #116 on the docket.

On May 7, that was still the last entry on the docket #116 dated Feb 1.

I'll see if it's changed.

U.S. District Court
Eastern District of Oklahoma (Muskogee)

Assigned to: District Judge Ronald A. White

Defendant (1)
Amy Leann Hall

ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

Date Filed#Docket Text
06/20/2023
ATTORNEY APPEARANCE by Caila M. Cleary on behalf of USA (Cleary, Caila) (Entered: 06/20/2023)

Last entry on docket #117 as of 6/26/23.

@Niner --No action until 6/20/23 when the defendant assigned yet another new attorney! Guess it will be 60+ more days before a sentencing date announced.

@Seattle1 - going thru some oldies - anything new on this one?

She had a plea hearing 11/28/22 & waiting for a sentencing date.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby_Cluebie_Doo
Back