Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

Yes it really is perplexing that with two sets of bio families (including several siblings) that none would have found her. If you search the internet with words like 'missing, 5-year-old, 1975, blonde' you almost immediately come across Websleuths and other crime sites in the results. If you add the word Suzanne then it's easy to connect the dots. Even if the older generation aren't internet savy, I'd assume the siblings wouldn't have any trouble with it. Makes me think that there is more to this. Hopefully Matt's updated book will explain this.

They were searching for two children, not just one. They may have assumed the kids were being raised together and that was the type of searches they were conducting. "Missing boy and girl " would not bring up Sharon Marshall in a search. As far as I can tell, there have been no media reports about her identity being discovered. She is not as interesting or as well known to the public as many on this board seem to think and I can easily see how the bio family could not have come across her story.

If it had been my siblings, I would have been on adoption boards and submitting DNA to ancestry. I don't know if I would be on a forum like this.

Yes it really is perplexing that with two sets of bio families (including several siblings) that none would have found her. If you search the internet with words like 'missing, 5-year-old, 1975, blonde' you almost immediately come across Websleuths and other crime sites in the results. If you add the word Suzanne then it's easy to connect the dots. Even if the older generation aren't internet savy, I'd assume the siblings wouldn't have any trouble with it. Makes me think that there is more to this. Hopefully Matt's updated book will explain this.

They were searching for two children, not just one. They may have assumed the kids were being raised together and that was the type of searches they were conducting. "Missing boy and girl " would not bring up Sharon Marshall in a search. As far as I can tell, there have been no media reports about her identity being discovered. She is not as interesting or as well known to the public as many on this board seem to think and I can easily see how the bio family could not have come across her story.

If it had been my siblings, I would have been on adoption boards and submitting DNA to ancestry. I don't know if I would be on a forum like this.

I would totally be on a forum like this. I would look at all pictures and stories, I would've ran across that picture, that I'm quite sure of.

In all fairness, not everyone knows how to use the internet. My mother, who would be around the mothers age, although having taken computer classes just cannot get the concept very well. Then on the other hand her mother, my grandmother, took the same computer classes with her and granny can use the internet very well, and does a lot of texting too! I know in this day and age it is hard to fathom that someone may not know how to use the internet to look for someone is beyond comprehension, but there are a lot of people out there that still do not know the ins and out of using message boards and search engines to find information.

I believe eventually we will learn more of their side of the story, and I am with everyone else, I cannot wait to hear it myself! The family has a lot to learn about this story themselves, and I am sure it is all very overwhelming.

In all fairness, not everyone knows how to use the internet. My mother, who would be around the mothers age, although having taken computer classes just cannot get the concept very well. Then on the other hand her mother, my grandmother, took the same computer classes with her and granny can use the internet very well, and does a lot of texting too! I know in this day and age it is hard to fathom that someone may not know how to use the internet to look for someone is beyond comprehension, but there are a lot of people out there that still do not know the ins and out of using message boards and search engines to find information.

I believe eventually we will learn more of their side of the story, and I am with everyone else, I cannot wait to hear it myself! The family has a lot to learn about this story themselves, and I am sure it is all very overwhelming.

Not bashing anyone , I just find it odd out of an entire family, no one saw anything, I think that says something about the entire missing people network if thats the case , although they have an internet presence and seem to navagate very well, I also very puzzled now that I look back OK LE when the said they were fine with "who she was" they seem to have known he was her stepfather. There are so many more questions now

I would totally be on a forum like this. I would look at all pictures and stories, I would've ran across that picture, that I'm quite sure of.
In truthfulness, I would end up here too, since I am here and not even searching for anyone. But I can totally see how someone else might not If you look at it from the family's point of view, the kidnapping of Suzanne and her brother was a parental abduction, albeit stepparent. The two other girls were returned safe. His taking an infant boy AND a girl makes me think ready made family before pedophile. While parent abductions end tragically, not all of them do. Sometimes the kids are found as adults and were raised in a nice home. That would be the ending I'd expect, so I would be searching for a man and a woman. and all the searches I did would reflect that.

Obviously, that is not the ending that she got, but I do not think it is strange that the family never made the connection between Sharon Marshall and Suzanne.

I also very puzzled now that I look back OK LE when the said they were fine with "who she was" they seem to have known he was her stepfather. There are so many more questions now

This interests me as well. Looking back at the Sharon Marshall archive here at WS, you can find the discussion about what OKC PD told Matt and the Feds vs. what they told the NCMEC guy (I think it was him). That was never clarified as far as I know. And now it turns out that OKC PD was right to some extend that Floyd was Sharon's "stepfather" and it totally blows my mind.

If she was born in 68 then in 77 she would have been 8-9

So he kidnapped her when she was 6? How old were the other sisters? I know that I have memories from the age 2, by 6 some people remember bits of things. I can only imagine the thoughts that he put in her head. She knew her real parents, yet I'm sure he told her they didn't want her, etc. I also didn't quite work out how many kids she gave birth to. I know there's Michael, and a daughter, but I think she had one or 2 more. Was FDF the dad of any of her children? You guys are way better sleuthers than me. I wasn't able to find anything. I would love to know more! For instance, why did the Mom go to jail? Are police searching for the baby brother? So many questions, so few answers.

Are police searching for the baby brother? So many questions, so few answers.
I have been wondering that myself. There could be an unidentified body out there that can now be identified. Best case scenario, he was given away to someone else and is now searching for his family.

I have been wondering that myself. There could be an unidentified body out there that can now be identified. Best case scenario, he was given away to someone else and is now searching for his family.

I did search NAMUS and there is no one on NAMUS, at least publicly viewable, that seems like it could possibly match the baby. I have his birthdate so I'm pretty sure about that.

Not bashing anyone , I just find it odd out of an entire family, no one saw anything, I think that says something about the entire missing people network if thats the case , although they have an internet presence and seem to navagate very well, I also very puzzled now that I look back OK LE when the said they were fine with "who she was" they seem to have known he was her stepfather. There are so many more questions now

I prefer not to speculate too much about what may or may not have happened on that end. There was that other case, the woman named Pepper who was profiled on Dateline. I was really moved by her story: being kidnapped not once, but twice! Then I started piecing together the timelines and the biological mother's story of the children being kidnapped doesn't add up. The timelines are off. It began to look more and more like she willingly gave the children up for adoption and is now telling a different story because she deeply regrets it and wants to put her family back together. I was going to blog about it but stopped when the timelines conflicted with what she was saying because here is this family who has been to hell and back and is just trying to build a relationship. I didn't want to point it out in a very public way that there were things that didn't add up.

I feel the same way about this case. I'm afraid that if we start looking too far into what they were going through we may find things that are embarrassing to them. Maybe they were diligently searching, maybe they weren't searching at all. And even if that's not the case, they are alive, they might stumble upon this. I would feel uncomfortable to have people discussing why I did or didn't so something. That's my two cents.

What's to be said at the end of such a long and heart-breaking road? My goal, when I first read of Sharon's story (and she's going to be Sharon to me, It's how I've known her for many years) was to see he real name returned to her. I felt it was the least that we-that I-could do for such an extraordinary young woman. In the course of that search, I think a lot of good was done-several other young girls who went missing finally received some attention after many years of being seemingly forgotten. It hurts to see now how close Sharon's truth was to the surface-just out of reach, teasing us, brushing the "fingertips" of our thoughts but never revealing itself. Maybe Floyd was right, maybe there are truths here, still to be unearthed, that were better left in the shadows of the past. I'll leave that to others. For me, I can only say that Sharon was, and is, loved like a member of the family. I'm glad that she now has her real family to get to know her, to care for her, to love her. Maybe some day they will be able to come forward, to share stories, thoughts, to come to know her as we do.

I truly can't imagine what it must be like for them, though I've considered it all along. I've believed all along-and still do- that discovering the truth would be better than never knowing. Sharon's truth-Suzanne's truth-is not what a monster did to her. Floyd stole her life, her innocence, but he never touched her soul. Her accomplishments proved that. Her strength, her refusal to give up, prove that. Sharon was, and is, a bright beautiful star shining from the darkness that was her life, a life forced upon her. If anything, let that be her legacy. Who she was, not who Floyd forced her to be.

Welcome home, Suzanne. We've been waiting with warm hugs and lots of love.

:clap:

One of the best posts ever, shadow angel. Thanks so much.

:loveyou:

im way late on this, as many of you have been researching for years. I became aware of it last year. i was shocked when they finally identified her. i just finished reading "a beautiful child" and my heart broke for what this poor girl went through, what michael went through, and while i find floyd to be a cretin, even what he went through as a child. the whole story is sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamatwin
Back