OK OK - Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, Anadarko, 23 Aug 2009

I did not realize the church has been razed. Had that been reported in earlier articles?

Yes It was reported, and there is a post about it from wfgodot one page back....

Demolition crews tore down the church where a pastor was murdered last year. The body of Carol Daniels, 61, was discovered inside Christ Holy Sanctified Church last August. Church leaders decided to demolish the old church to make way for a memorial in honor of Pastor Daniels.

Yes It was reported, and there is a post about it from wfgodot one page back....

Demolition crews tore down the church where a pastor was murdered last year. The body of Carol Daniels, 61, was discovered inside Christ Holy Sanctified Church last August. Church leaders decided to demolish the old church to make way for a memorial in honor of Pastor Daniels.

I was in Anadarko earlier this year visiting friends and decided to drive by where the church once stood. There was a small cross stuck in the dirt with some old faded flowers around it. I had hoped the memorial meant they would do something more in honor of this wonderful lady. I was very disappointed.

The streets of Anadarko are much different than when I lived there 20 years ago. They almost seem like a ghost town on Sunday morning. It's like everyone is locked up in their homes sleeping in. There is very little traffic seen going to church or moving about. A lot of restaurants are either closed on Sunday or only open a short time in the afternoon.

I share a theory with a good friend from Anadarko (and it's only a theory) that the Pastor found someone inside the church when she opened up on Sunday morning (perhaps the homeless man, aka Florida Kid with a lengthy record himself, who gave police the report of a black bald man covered in blood running out of the front door of the church which, coincidentally was locked when police arrived). He slept nights in the equipment room of a car wash across the street and lingered in that vacinity during the days. He likely knew her arrival time every Sunday. As for motive, no theory established there. However, the hinky meter stays high on this one.

I was really hoping with the DA at them time (Burns) was not re-elected to office that perhaps the case might get some attention again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

A Christmas bump for a woman of God, with prayers her murder will be solved.

That's good news, imho. It means LE hasn't forgotten the case and are still working it.

Sometimes the wheels of justice move slowly, but surely.

Hope LE finds what they're looking for out of state.

fran

This is pure OSBI bullsh(t:
The OSBI said after the release of the autopsy that the details in the report hampered the investigation.

"I don't know that we'll ever know the extent of the harm it had to this case," OSBI spokesperson Jessica] Brown said in a recent interview.
What's hampered OSBI here is its inability to work a case. They've been widely criticized, from the Caddo County DA the year of the murder, on down the line as the years pass by.

Tulsa World has a longer edit of the "person in Chicago" AP article here:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120311_11_A14_OKLAHO552762

From the wfgodot link above, Carol's mother said Carol had talked about 2 men:

"She said there were these two men, and one would always come and play the piano and she told him he had to get saved to continue to come and play the piano," Dunlap said. "The other she said would stay in the back."

Interesting, I don't remember hearing about these 2 men.

This case has haunted me since it occurred. I hope the lead about the 2 men from Chicago will play out. The autopsy report showed Pastor Daniels fought for her life. From this statement, I assume she would have had DNA under her nails. The DNA must not have had a match with CODIS. This crime was personal. Pastor Daniels had interacted with her attacker(s) before her death. An arrest in the deaths of the Weleetka girls has been made, I hope the same outcome occurs in this case.

I thought about this case just within the last week or so and wondered what ever happened with it. Thank you for the new information.

Things have been so quiet on this case. I haven't been able to find any news about it for a long time.

The fourth anniversary was yesterday, 08.24. 1461 days.

I thought of Carol Daniels today as I was reading information about Israel Keyes.

He told investigators that he had considered taking victims to a church, where he would either simply leave the body to be found, or to burn the church down with the victim's body in it. He drove around in Vermont, looking for suitable churches in small towns. He had issues with organized religion. He was also know to use things to hasten the decomp of bodies.

He did burn a house down in Texas, so it's known that he was an arsonist.

I think it's a long shot that he was involved in Carol's murder, but I don't think it can be completely written off. IK wasn't known to be in the OK/TX area at the time of her murder. He lived in Alaska at the time, however he traveled extensively and his mother and some siblings lived in Texas at the time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cold...&bih=639&dpr=1

Cold Steel Tanto, 4 1/2-inch folding knife photos

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3754539.html

Israel Keyes, Serial Killer, Gave Up Bodies In Washington On Released FBI Tapes (VIDEO)

Keyes lived in Washington state before moving to Anchorage in 2007.

In a Nov. 29 interview, just three days before he was found dead in his jail cell from suicide, Keyes asked if investigators had found any knives at his New York property or on a boat he owned in Washington state. He said there were two knives missing from his girlfriend's home in Anchorage, and he didn't know where they were.

He was particularly concerned about a Cold Steel Tanto, 4 1/2-inch folding knife he bought in Port Angeles, Wash. Asked by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Feldis why the knife was important, Keyes indicated authorities might find something if they took it apart.

Was it blood?

"Well, there might, not on it, maybe inside somewhere," Keyes replied.

He said, "yeah," when asked if the knife was associated with one of the Washington killings.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cold...&bih=639&dpr=1

Cold Steel Tanto, 4 1/2-inch folding knife photos

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3754539.html

Israel Keyes, Serial Killer, Gave Up Bodies In Washington On Released FBI Tapes (VIDEO)

Keyes lived in Washington state before moving to Anchorage in 2007.

In a Nov. 29 interview, just three days before he was found dead in his jail cell from suicide, Keyes asked if investigators had found any knives at his New York property or on a boat he owned in Washington state. He said there were two knives missing from his girlfriend's home in Anchorage, and he didn't know where they were.

He was particularly concerned about a Cold Steel Tanto, 4 1/2-inch folding knife he bought in Port Angeles, Wash. Asked by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Feldis why the knife was important, Keyes indicated authorities might find something if they took it apart.

Was it blood?

"Well, there might, not on it, maybe inside somewhere," Keyes replied.

He said, "yeah," when asked if the knife was associated with one of the Washington killings.

That link didn't work for the images (for me, at least). Unfortunately, I started searching for Tanto cold steel folding knives and came across a description that bothered me. Clearly they position it as 'for ops'. I will follow up with a post over on IK's thread, as it's more appropriate to get into this kind of detail over there, since we don't know if IK was involved in CD's death.

That link didn't work for the images (for me, at least). Unfortuantely, I started searching for Tanto cold steel folding knives and came across a description that bothered me. Clearly they position it as 'for ops'. I will follow up with a post over on IK's thread, as it's more appropriate to get into this kind of detail over there, since we don't know if IK was involved in CD's death.

TY, Snoopster.. Fixed it..
https://www.google.com/search?q=Col...Ow8QSliIFw&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=978&bih=639&dpr=1

Cold Steel Tanto, 4 1/2-inch folding knife photo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikysweety
Back