OK OK - Sean Christopher Marcum, 22, Nat’l Guard member no-show, Owasso, stopped by Chesterfield MO LE, looking for work in Springfield, 3 Feb 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Sean Christopher Marcum is missing from Owasso, Oklahoma, and he was last seen leaving work around the area on Jan. 31.

The Owasso Police Department says that an officer stopped Marcum in Chesterfield, Missouri, around midnight on Feb. 3. At that point, he told an officer he was looking for work and trying to get to Springfield, though to which state remains unclear.

Owasso police say Marcum left Oklahoma without his phone and has not been in contact with family members. He is a member of the National Guard, but did not report to a drill as scheduled.

My husband has family in Missouri so am pretty familiar with the highways. Driving from Oklahoma where he was reported missing from to be pulled over in Chesterfield he was LONG past Springfield MO and would have driven right through it on the way East. Chesterfield is 3 and a half hours in typical traffic EAST of Springfield MO. So if he said he was going to Springfield, I would say it would have to be Springfield IL.

According to police, he has a history of being suicidal.

The missing Oklahoman left his phone in his locker and has had no contact with his family, according to a National Missing and Unidentified Persons System webpage about this case.
I was wondering about that. It just struck me as odd that he told LE he was looking for work when he already had a job.
I hope he finds his way back to his family who clearly love him. I'm rooting for you Sean!

The officer reported Sean was alone and said he was heading to Springfield, Missouri.

On Feb. 11, Springfield police found his car in a church parking lot and reported it had been abandoned for at least four days.

Police said there's nothing to indicate Marcum is in danger, but his family said his behavior is out of the ordinary.

65c2efe76707e.image.jpg

Sean was last seen on January 31 and was reported missing four days later.

Lt. Nick Boatman with Owasso Police talked with FOX23 about Sean's disappearance.

"So when the officers got there, they got the back story which was that Sean was last seen by his brother that works with him at a shop in Collinsville. That was the last time anybody has seen him was by his brother at that shop on the 31st of January," Boatman said.

Sean's parents said their worry began when he didn't show up at the place that he loves.

65c2f00bea2a5.image.jpg

"He's an Army National Guard soldier and he didn't show up for guard. So then we knew something was wrong," April said.

April said this past weekend he was scheduled for drill, but he never showed up. That's when it was a red flag because she said he loves his guard family.

"We're just lost, we just need him home," Tim said

Owasso Police said they hope to find something in Sean's phone that could tell them where he is going because right now, there are not many places to look.

To share the link to Owasso Police's Facebook post, click here.

Last edited:
The officer reported Sean was alone and said he was heading to Springfield, Missouri.

On Feb. 11, Springfield police found his car in a church parking lot and reported it had been abandoned for at least four days.

Police said there's nothing to indicate Marcum is in danger, but his family said his behavior is out of the ordinary.

65c2efe76707e.image.jpg

Sean was last seen on January 31 and was reported missing four days later.

Lt. Nick Boatman with Owasso Police talked with FOX23 about Sean's disappearance.

"So when the officers got there, they got the back story which was that Sean was last seen by his brother that works with him at a shop in Collinsville. That was the last time anybody has seen him was by his brother at that shop on the 31st of January," Boatman said.

Sean's parents said their worry began when he didn't show up at the place that he loves.

65c2f00bea2a5.image.jpg

"He's an Army National Guard soldier and he didn't show up for guard. So then we knew something was wrong," April said.

April said this past weekend he was scheduled for drill, but he never showed up. That's when it was a red flag because she said he loves his guard family.

"We're just lost, we just need him home," Tim said

Owasso Police said they hope to find something in Sean's phone that could tell them where he is going because right now, there are not many places to look.

To share the link to Owasso Police's Facebook post, click here.
I really hope Sean is okay. I had read yesterday that he had really bonded with several others in his unit, considered them family. Finding the car abandoned gives me worry.

So -- he was in Collinsville, IL at work, with his brother Jan. 31

Do we know when he was in Chesterfield, MO?

Car found in Springfield, MO 4 days later -- Feb. 3?

Lots & lots of church parking lots in Springfield -- like @GraceG hubby has relatives here.

I-44 has cameras -- I expect LE has checked them?

Does his family live in Oklahoma or in Illinois or....

jmho ymmv lrr

So -- he was in Collinsville, IL at work, with his brother Jan. 31

Do we know when he was in Chesterfield, MO?

Car found in Springfield, MO 4 days later -- Feb. 3?

Lots & lots of church parking lots in Springfield -- like @GraceG hubby has relatives here.

I-44 has cameras -- I expect LE has checked them?

Does his family live in Oklahoma or in Illinois or....

jmho ymmv lrr
No, he was in Collinsville, Oklahoma, not Illinois.

Long time lurker who finally decided to join because one aspect (Chesterfield, MO) is close to me. With the exception of college, I've lived my entire life in west St. Louis County, MO.

What I find really intriguing is that he would have had to drive past/through Springfield, MO (as mentioned above) if he was taking the most direct route to Chesterfield. All three routes according to Google maps puts him going through or near Springfield.

Collinsville, OK to Chesterfield, MO is 5h 45m to 6h 20m depending on which of those three routes he would have taken. Then, again depending on which route he took, it would take him 3h 20m to just under 4h to drive back to Springfield, MO.

Welcome, @STLBlues !

You understand why I guessed Collinsville, Illinois, just across the river & reasonably close to Chesterfield. (World's Largest Ketchup Bottle, btw.)

We were a Shrine Hospital family, Kirkwood/Lindeberg location.

When did Mr. Marcum speak with Chesterfield police?

Welcome, @STLBlues !

You understand why I guessed Collinsville, Illinois, just across the river & reasonably close to Chesterfield. (World's Largest Ketchup Bottle, btw.)

We were a Shrine Hospital family, Kirkwood/Lindeberg location.

When did Mr. Marcum speak with Chesterfield police?
Thank you for the welcome. I've been lurking for a long time, I kept an excel spreadsheet of the threads I was following with page numbers I had gotten through. Now that I'm a member here, I like the feature to, "Watch" threads so I get updates.

Yes, being that he spoke to Chesterfield police, Collinsville, IL would make more sense than Collinsville, OK.

I'm not sure when exactly he spoke with Chesterfield police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back