OK - Tommy Wolf, 9, murdered, mom injured, Nichols Hills, 16 Nov 2009 *Insanity*

Could he have been molesting his son, and his son threatened to go to his mom, and that maybe set him off??

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/oklahoma.child.slaying/

Although the investigation is still under way, authorities believe the altercation may have begun in the boy's room "and proceeded from there" to other rooms, Mask said.

Mary Wolf, Stephen Wolf's wife and the boy's mother, suffered defensive puncture wounds to her hands and a wound to her mouth, and was being treated at a hospital

snipped from article

Could he have been molesting his son, and his son threatened to go to his mom, and that maybe set him off??

Or was he terrorizing his wife and the child stepped in to help mom and then ran to his room to hide when dad chased him.

At least it sounds as if mom tried to help the child and didn't just turn her back on him or help to hurt him. Thank goodness for that.

Salem

seems he suffered from depression -- there must be more to what was going on tho, right?

<snip>

Wolf graduated from OU in 1988 and successfully went on to residency programs. The recommendation letters are glowing, especially when it comes to his clinical skills and personality. One reads, “No matter how tired or how stressed, Stephen always displayed an excellent sense of humor and a balanced perspective on life in general."

But in order to get a license in Oklahoma, Wolf had to explain why he had been hospitalized. In a 1991 letter to the board he wrote, "I was hospitalized for major depression at St. Anthony's Hospital."

Fast forward five years to a license renewal. Again, a letter from Wolf explains a 1996 hospitalization. Wolf wrote "I was hospitalized for three days at St. Anthony's Hospital for acute depression. I suffered this as a result of all the stress in my busy practice of internal medicine and all the demands in making the final arrangements for my marriage."

more here, including the doctor's letters to OK State Medical board:

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11511791

http://newsok.com/nichols-hills-doc...article/3417862?custom_click=lead_story_title

The 911 calls are now available, about two-thirds of the way down, on the left, of the story update in the Daily Oklahoman. I would not recommend listening to the third one for anyone of a sensitive nature. It is horrendous.

wfgodot - would you mind giving a brief summary of the 911 calls - basically just what it sounds like happened? I just don't think I have what it takes this evening to listen to them myself this evening.

TIA,

Salem

Never mind wfgodot - I think I got the gist of it by reading the entire thread. Sorry I posted before I had read everything.

Maybe he was taking medication for his depression and it had some strong side effects. :(

seems he suffered from depression -- there must be more to what was going on tho, right?

<snip>

Wolf graduated from OU in 1988 and successfully went on to residency programs. The recommendation letters are glowing, especially when it comes to his clinical skills and personality. One reads, &#8220;No matter how tired or how stressed, Stephen always displayed an excellent sense of humor and a balanced perspective on life in general."

But in order to get a license in Oklahoma, Wolf had to explain why he had been hospitalized. In a 1991 letter to the board he wrote, "I was hospitalized for major depression at St. Anthony's Hospital."

Fast forward five years to a license renewal. Again, a letter from Wolf explains a 1996 hospitalization. Wolf wrote "I was hospitalized for three days at St. Anthony's Hospital for acute depression. I suffered this as a result of all the stress in my busy practice of internal medicine and all the demands in making the final arrangements for my marriage."

more here, including the doctor's letters to OK State Medical board:

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11511791

I don't see how depression, even major one, could possibly lead to something like this.
A lot of people are depressed.

I don't see how depression, even major one, could possibly lead to something like this.

I think side effects from some medicines can cause people to do really strange things. I knew a lady that was taking depression meds and started cutting her self. Totally bizarre behavior from this women. When the doc changed her meds, the behavior went away. It was very scary for awhile and she could NOT be left alone, not even for a minute.

Meds can be really scary.

Salem

And, wouldn't an "acute depression" require more than a 3 day hospitalization?

I am leaning toward some sort of mental illness or side effect from a medication being a factor in this horrific tragedy.

ETA: hopefully more info will become available after the poor mother is interviewed.

Honestly, TM, at this stage in the game, all of my money is on mental illness.

You may be right. The mugshot seemingly supports that theory. We all noticed the gash in his head, but worse than that is the expression on his face, especially the eyes. Just flat and vacant and devoid of any emotion. jmo

His depression might have been a misdiagnosed schizophrenia prodrome. Whatever his problem is, he probably had a psychotic break.

This guy murdered his son. He knew right from wrong, even into explaining his previous hospitilizations to get what he wanted, a J O B.

No pass from me.

JMHO
fran

If he was psychotic, he might have known what he did was wrong, or he might have thought he was saving the world from evil. I doubt he'll get a "pass" for stabbing his child to death, though.

I'd say he's been a walking timebomb who had to keep it together to keep his MD license. Something happened to unleash whatever psychosis was bottled up. I'm sure his family saw signs of his illness in the privacy of the home. So many secrets are uncovered in all of these cases.

I listened to the 3rd 911 call more than once and I don't think the police were there yet. If you listen, while she's screaming and dropping the f-bomb, she dials 911 again without realizing that they were already on the line. And yes, I definitely think he said something about the devil. Or maybe trouble. Not quite sure on that one. But I think she was the one who dropped the f-bomb. Not what sure she was saying though.

He said "Mary, he's the devil." And she cried, "He's not the devil!" while she was dialing 911 again. I really think that's what it is. It seems to me as though he has some sort of mental illness. I'm sure of it.

And she did say, "Put your hands behind your f-in back!" But I really don't think that it was the police because she was dialing 911 again.

It does seem like it would be psychosis that would account for such a heinous act, but from what all it says about his hospital stays, his personality when not depressed (in school or wherever it was, and in descriptions by his friend), I'd guess that this is more likely an extremely out-of-control case of bipolar disorder.

Just guessin'... not a psychiatrist or anything, but a proud and frequent client of mental health services! >>8-D

On edit: just read the posts above and if that's right about him saying "He's (tommy) the devil," then that sounds more like psychosis.

Eh, what's the use in speculating. It's just damned, damned depressing.... :(

He said "Mary, he's the devil." And she cried, "He's not the devil!" while she was dialing 911 again. I really think that's what it is. It seems to me as though he has some sort of mental illness. I'm sure of it.

And she did say, "Put your hands behind your f-in back!" But I really don't think that it was the police because she was dialing 911 again.

One of the articles I read earlier today said she had 911 on the line when LE was in the house -- FWIW, because we know how 'reporting' goes these days.

But yeah, I thought I could hear the word devil too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chimychanga
Back