Identified! OK - Tulsa, Human remains in SUV in pond, Oct'11 - Sheila Scott-Sharpe

It surprises me that no one saw any oil or gas floating on the surface over the years.
Would a decomp smell rise above the water?

It surprises me that no one saw any oil or gas floating on the surface over the years.
Would a decomp smell rise above the water?

Asked boyfriend whether gas/oil would come up if nothing was "punctured". He said nowadays gas tanks are mostly made of plastic and wouldn't think anything would surface gas/oil wise if it things were intact.

I don't find someone running the tag on that SUV after the fact of her disappearance strange at all. They were 'sleuthing'. The lady and her SUV are missing, so look in the computer and see if there has been an accident or any other kind of sighting in another county or in another state. IMO
Also, it says the skeletal remains were in the backseat and scattered in the vehicle. Once that vehicle is under water, the outside pressure of the water against the doors and windows will make it impossible to open either doors or windows. You can't get out, period, you'd better get them open before you are under water or you will drown. She either climbed back there trying to find a way out or she floated back there. That being said, how did the sneaker with bones get out of the car??? Or maybe a window was partially open but not enough for a person to get through, and that would account for fish and turtle activity.

Yes, it makes you wonder how many other missing people are in lakes, rivers, ponds, etc. A lot IMHOO. :waitasec:

I think almost every lake or river of fair size holds bodies...a lot of cases could probably be resolved if it were possible to search them all. Of course lots of people might not like knowing that their favorite lakes could be holding the remains of various missing persons...not exactly the stuff of which vistors bureaus dreams are made ..

I saw the driver side window was down ,it is possible she knew to roll the window down hereself before the truck sank but didnt get out before water rushed in and pushed her farther back into the SUV.

I guess we will see, I am glad she was located. I am very suspicous of Latimere county calling in these tags 6 weeks later.

I havent seen one example from the state of Oklahoma that says to me they take the cases of grown people disapearing seriously enough to run randon checks on missing persons car tags from 153 miles away and from 6 weeks in the past. JMO.

OH..or children.. in some cases...

Nope I think they wanted to know if the car was reported stolen YET.JMO .

It's not unknown, however, for checks to be run by authorized agencies on the behalf of an individual who asks; not strictly on the up-and-up at all times.

In my experience there should be an audit trail for any confidential records held online

Surely by now they know if they have the remains of one person or two?

Wonder if LE has gotten anywhere in this case...can't find anything new.

I don't remember reading this article, although posted on 10-26...says they'll enter it into database.

http://www.newson6.com/story/158859...g-person-database-on-foot-found-in-tulsa-pond

A foot in a retention pond isn't going to be any challenge at all," said Dr. Robert Allen, OSU Forensic Sciences. "It's fresh; it hasn't been out exposed to the elements long enough."

I wonder what they consider FRESH?

Such a sweet Story about a family that survived a horrible Loss!

My heart breaks for the MANY Families of the Missing boys, girls, men and women in America Today...

Who is taking the lives of the UNUSUALLY High Numbers of the Missing?

What is being done to solve the MANY Cold Cases?

When will the families have closure for their Loss of a Loved One?

Where are the murders hiding their victims..So Sad??

Why ARE the MISSING PEOPLE in America not given the Law Enforcement time to solve their cases?

How do these terrible things keep happening to so MANY wonderful people?

Dear God ..Please Bring Home the Many Missing Children and Adults..their families Need Some Closure!

Dear God..Please be with the family of Shelia Sharpe in their time of Grief!

I'm mainly bumping this because I am really curious if the remains in the pond are of one person or two people.

I tried last night to find anything new and it's not there at least that I can find.

No surprises here: The decedent has been identified as Sheila Scott-Sharpe:

Story.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/scott_shelia.html

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...-as-Sheila-Sharpe/5RZTkhX6x0aj0VugXMN3CQ.cspx

http://www.newson6.com/story/16074385/police-say-body-found-in-east-tulsa-pond-was-sheila-scott

http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialpr...tid=450&articleid=20111119_11_A1_CUTLIN510770

Remains in pond ID'd as missing Tulsa woman; foul play suspected

Medical examiners have confirmed that remains found in a submerged SUV on Oct. 28 are those of Sheila Sharp, and investigators now suspect that she was murdered, Tulsa police said Friday.

The remains - discovered at the bottom of a retention pond inside a 1997 Ford Expedition that belonged to Sharp when she disappeared in 2006 - showed signs of surgeries that matched those on Sharp's medical records, police said.

More at link. They have a person of interest.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialpr...tid=450&articleid=20111119_11_A1_CUTLIN510770

Remains in pond ID'd as missing Tulsa woman; foul play suspected

More at link. They have a person of interest.
Also from your link:

Authorities believe that the foot was Sharp's, but DNA tests have yet to confirm that, Walker said.

Medical examiners did not find a left foot in the SUV, he said.
So far I haven't read anything that indicates there were remains from more than one person.

This is interesting, too:

Since the discoveries, investigators have interviewed Sharp's family and friends with "varying degrees of cooperation," including some who refused to talk, Walker said.

Rest In Peace, Sheila. :rose:

That is weird that some family members and friends evidently aren't cooperating. I wonder if they are talking about the boyfriend?

What a nightmare. I can picture this poor lady running all over the park saying come on dog put the foot down, that's not your toy.

Such a sweet Story about a family that survived a horrible Loss!

My heart breaks for the MANY Families of the Missing boys, girls, men and women in America Today...

Who is taking the lives of the UNUSUALLY High Numbers of the Missing?

What is being done to solve the MANY Cold Cases?

When will the families have closure for their Loss of a Loved One?

Where are the murders hiding their victims..So Sad??

Why ARE the MISSING PEOPLE in America not given the Law Enforcement time to solve their cases?

How do these terrible things keep happening to so MANY wonderful people?

Dear God ..Please Bring Home the Many Missing Children and Adults..their families Need Some Closure!

Dear God..Please be with the family of Shelia Sharpe in their time of Grief!

It seems like there is a lot more incidents of missing persons than there use to be, but it has always been bad, we just hear about it more with the internet, twitter and of course there are more people than ever living on earth.

Police still seeking leads in slaying of Tulsa woman who went missing 10 years ago

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/police-still-seeking-leads-in-slaying-of-tulsa-woman-who/article_4ef241e3-7d11-527c-9c80-b2a3e25a2b23.html

The murder of a Tulsa woman whose remains were found in a vehicle submerged in a retention pond years after she went missing is still unsolved despite police believing they know who killed her.

The now-stagnant investigation into Sheila Sharp’s slaying stayed focused on a man police have suspected since around the time they found her 1997 Ford Expedition at the bottom of the pond near Fifth Street and Mingo Road in 2011.

Information gleaned from interviews with Sharp’s family and friends pointed detectives to the man, who was seen with her five years earlier on Valentine’s Day, when she disappeared. The man’s identity was never released to the public, but police had described the killer as someone Sharp likely knew and trusted.

Although the case remains active, Walker now says a lack of evidence has stopped the investigation in its tracks.

“There’s just no physical evidence to link him to the crime at this point,” Walker said. “Until someone comes forward with some evidence that we can match to a suspect, we’re kind of stuck.

Here's an archived copy (7/2010) of her Charley Project MP profile...

Sheila Scott

Sheila was said to be "into drugs" and she was seeing a "married man" when she went missing. Apparently, her married b/f is who she was last seen with. No names are mentioned, but the married boyfriend is clearly who everyone is pointing their fingers at (then and now).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81
Back