Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there still one man who was involved at large, the unnamed man?
Paul Grice who the 16 year old named him and said he was present at the February failed op to kill Veronica. The 16 year old believed he was there when both ladies were murdered but, I think, her belief was due to having overheard the plans for the murders. It's not clear, to me, if Cora named him, to her daughter, as being there at the murders.

I posted earlier a screenshot of part of the brief filed by Wrangler's lawyer in support of Wrangler's request for sole custody, where a Sheriff Berguetski said that they would no longer be supervising the child exchange despite VB's request, because they had deemed this unnecessary since they'd never seen anything in the exchanges that caused them any concern. There was one other place in the documents where this was brought up again, and this time, he even added that they quit supervising because it was a WASTE OF POLICE RESOURCES! This is so outrageous and so obtuse that it makes me wonder if this officer was complicit in any way! Here's a screenshot: 1713342642576.png

I doubt whether prosecutors offer a plea deal to everyone. I think it's pretty strategic, sometimes they want to avoid a trial because it will require painful testimony from too many, sometimes they want to guarantee convictions so will offer a deal to one person in exchange for testimony against.the others...I think they decide on deals on a case by case basis, balancing public interest vs risk of losing a case.

ETA And not everyone is willing to plead guilty, or do down their co-conspiritors.
JMO
If anyone gets a plea deal, maybe it will be Grice. Maybe he already got one. Or not, it's hard to know what's going on with that one.

One thing -- LE sure has a lot of information about those four who were arrested. Enough to put all of them away--or send them to ride Old Sparky--without anyone else needing to roll over.

What a super-scary group of individuals!

All MOO

Paul Grice who the 16 year old named him and said he was present at the February failed op to kill Veronica. The 16 year old believed he was there when both ladies were murdered but, I think, her belief was due to having overheard the plans for the murders. It's not clear, to me, if Cora named him, to her daughter, as being there at the murders.
Something makes me think Grice wasn't there at the killings. I don't see how they could have kept from arresting him if he'd been there. Even if they made a deal with him -- it wouldn't be to walk free if he had taken part in the ambush and murder of two innocent women.

JMOO

I posted earlier a screenshot of part of the brief filed by Wrangler's lawyer in support of Wrangler's request for sole custody, where a Sheriff Berguetski said that they would no longer be supervising the child exchange despite VB's request, because they had deemed this unnecessary since they'd never seen anything in the exchanges that caused them any concern. There was one other place in the documents where this was brought up again, and this time, he even added that they quit supervising because it was a WASTE OF POLICE RESOURCES! This is so outrageous and so obtuse that it makes me wonder if this officer was complicit in any way! Here's a screenshot: View attachment 497713

They didn't listen to her concerns.

I'd like to hear what the Sheriff has to say now about his stupid comment.

I guess I'm more forgiving - I think it can take a long time to absorb the new reality, when you discover a friend or loved one has been completely lying and two-faced. Plus the shock of being there when the raid occurred.

If something like this happened at a school, everyone would be sympathetic to the kids and they'd immediately be offered counselling. But adults? Nah, they're guilty for being friends with someone.

JMO
I wonder if the judge was being used in this case and how many "friends" with good titles have been invited by TA and TC to their homes in the past two weeks? TC told the landowner he was being looked at in the case. So, the two of them have known.

Perhaps they hoped their "friends in high places" might be helpful, while the friends are simply blindsided. While the "friends" may like the personalities or enjoy hanging with them hunting, fishing, quilting etc., they're not going to condone murder or other activities.

Perhaps TA and TC were hoping that someway at the time of arrest, the friend would speak up, but instead they stood there stunned with their mouths dropped open.

I do agree with a former poster who pointed out the judge should have been able to mumble something judicial instead of doubling down on being a "good friend." However, I'm wondering if being a good friend might not have more importance for simple survival in that remote and harsh looking land than in other parts of the planet.

I suspect lots of people are reeling as they remember remarks that didn't raise too many red flags at the time but certainly would now.

If someone saw the vehicle before 12:09 p.m., it sounds like they did not call police.

The car was found and reported after noon, and we saw the police presence (video) at what must have been 12:30 p.m. or later.

It sounds like people came forward later and said they saw the vehicle with a broken window. However, the car was reported to be 1000 ft from the intersection of Hwy 95 and Road L. I couldn't say that a car window was broken from that distance.

View attachment 497660
Affidavit: scroll down
Perhaps 911 received a call about an abandoned vehicle and did not get excited about it.

Perhaps the call reporting a possible car jacking later got their attention.

I've wondered if the discrepancy might be down to the differences in the focus of the two calls.

^^bubm

^^bubm
Although it was reported as linked above that bail has been set for the four suspects, we know this is not true for a couple of reasons.

First, pursuant to OK criminal procedures, setting bail requires a hearing before the Judge, and the four named defendants for this case haven't even made their initial appearances yet!

Second, as each are being charged with two counts of first degree murder, capital offenses, (in addition to other charges), where the crime is punishable by death, imprisonment for life, or imprisonment for life without parole, they are not eligible for bail release at this time.

Pursuant to the OK Constitution, while bail is a right, it may be denied for the following:
  • capital offenses when the proof of guilt is evident, or the presumption thereof is great;
  • violent offenses;
  • offenses where the maximum sentence may be life imprisonment or life imprisonment without parole;
  • felony offenses where the person charged with the offense has been convicted of two or more felony offenses arising out of different transactions; and
  • controlled dangerous substances offenses where the maximum sentence may be at least ten (10) years imprisonment.
Yet, even if the Defendant is charged with one of the above offenses, the proof or presumption of guilt must be great.

During the preliminary hearing, if the State fails to satisfy the PEPG burden to hold the defendant until the trial concludes, only then will a defendant charged with a capital offense be considered for pretrial bail release.

Naturally, lawyers for the defendants are going to argue for bail. If they're not represented today, the defendants will likely later have a lawyer file a motion for bail and get back in front of a judge.

Even if a judge might allow for bail, with these charges it would likely be so high the defendant can not hope to make it OR if some of these people are "land rich and cash poor" it will take awhile for them to make the financial arrangements to get bail together.

Because of the brutal crimes, I'd guess no bail for either of the four but we won't know until the judge speaks later today.

I can’t get over how many people they said things to and involved (some may have been by choice) and it never occurred to them that in such a small community some of these people may happen to run into each other and the disappearance of the ladies might come up just as a discussion of local news. And then, when they start the “I was at this place doing this when I heard and so and so asked me this” that they wouldn’t figure it out? They must really believe they are the smartest people in the world and everyone else is really stupid. And that all of the locals were either loyal to them or scared of them. Thank God, it’s the opposite.

73333538007-elkhart-bodies.jpg

And:
"According to OSBI investigators, she was told that her mother and her mother’s husband blocked the road to stop Butler and Kelley and divert them to where Adams, Cullum and another man, who has not been arrested, were located."

Last edited:
View attachment 497707(emphasis was already in the original text, not added by me) (This was part of a brief written by Wrangler Rickman's atty on Wrangler's behalf when he was seeking sole custody of their children.) ETA And it came from here: https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=appellate&number=DF-119621&cmid=130391
I feel so sorry for VB as she's known for a long time she was in danger.

These are the dates from the documents:
Filed: 06/04/2021
Closed: 10/12/2022
Appealed from: CIMARRON County District Court

Perhaps we should be making more distinction between Cimarron County and Texas County, as the sheriff who called protecting VB "a waste of time" was from Cimarron County and is NOT the sheriff of Texas County, who called OSBI in immediately.

Last edited:
They didn't listen to her concerns.

I'd like to hear what the Sheriff has to say now about his stupid comment.
I think this is a big reason why it just isn't enough that those four are locked up as of right now, because so many others failed Veronica for years and Jilian that horrible day. Maybe it's me but it's been more difficult to let this one go with their arrests. So many decisions for years led to this point. It's not enough others have to live with a guilty conscious because there could have been a very different outcome if someone had taken the time to just listen to Veronica and even Wrangler at times.

Confirmed rehab in the Arrest Warrant. However, there is a suggestion that Wrangler told a grandmother in February that his custody issues with Veronica would be solved and his mother knew where the Judge walked to work.

It sounds like Wrangler new about the plan to murder Veronica, but did not participate in the murder because he was in rehab. We don't know the depths of his involvement, but it seems like his mother will protect him so he can take control of the children for her.
View attachment 497696
Arrest Warrant
Are you saying TA was going to hurt the judge on his walk to work? If Rickman is not charged, I still hope he doesn’t regain custody of his children. It seems there are several people who could have alerted Veronica and LE about these horrible plans. This case sickens me. TA did not want the children for their best interest, she wanted them to win in her crazy mind. I hope no plea deals are offered and all get the death penalty. The man who wasn’t arrested, but involved, is so interesting to me. Regardless of his knowledge of the murder plans, and possibly any knowledge of other damning evidence against the others, I wish he had tipped Veronica off. Hopefully we learn more about him as the case unfolds.
I’m so curious if Jillian was in contact with her husband. My heart breaks for all the victims, their families and friends. That misfit organization needs to be investigated thoroughly, imo.

Something makes me think Grice wasn't there at the killings. I don't see how they could have kept from arresting him if he'd been there. Even if they made a deal with him -- it wouldn't be to walk free if he had taken part in the ambush and murder of two innocent women.

JMOO
So, when Cora's daughter told LE her mom said "it didn't go as planned", maybe that's because Grice backed out of whatever vile plan they had, never showed up and things went differently. Maybe that's why he was never charged with anything, because he spilled the beans on the whole deal?

Just guessing at possible reasons he wasn't charged along with the rest of the Misfit crew.

APR 17, 2024
[...]

On Tuesday, police towed away a white trailer from a property Cullum allegedly has ties to. Witnesses say they saw the trailer in the area where the women were killed.

[...]

Vincent Forbes, a local municipal court judge who says he’s a friend of Cullums, told NewsNation’s Brian Entin Tuesday that he had been in regular contact with Cullum and was even present at the residence during the police raid.

[...]

Forbes, who is also Cullum’s business partner, said he never got a “bad vibe,” describing him as “one of the nicest, funniest” people he knew. However, Forbes acknowledged that Adams seemed “a little bit out of left field.”

[...]

Forbes has been forced to resign since telling NewsNation he was shocked by the killings. The judge’s decision to speak out about the case appears to have angered local officials, with the mayor who appointed him demanding his resignation.

Not hinting at anyone specifically, but since it's a known fact that the FBI infiltrates fringe groups, especially those with religious and/or anti government leanings, it makes me wonder if a fed had infiltrated this group - especially since it appears to be larger than we originally thought.

I posted earlier a screenshot of part of the brief filed by Wrangler's lawyer in support of Wrangler's request for sole custody, where a Sheriff Berguetski said that they would no longer be supervising the child exchange despite VB's request, because they had deemed this unnecessary since they'd never seen anything in the exchanges that caused them any concern. There was one other place in the documents where this was brought up again, and this time, he even added that they quit supervising because it was a WASTE OF POLICE RESOURCES! This is so outrageous and so obtuse that it makes me wonder if this officer was complicit in any way! Here's a screenshot: View attachment 497713
YES!

Thank you for reposting these very important statements that were made on the Court record regrading LE supervision of custody handoffs.

This is precisely why I believe OSBI (or perhaps the OK State Attorney Generals Office) should be looking at Cimarron County LE and in particular the deputy that is on the Court record saying what he said and the Judge who undertook it seems no independent investigation of the matter.

IMO there is BLOOD on the hands of both local LE AND the Judge.

Corruption also seems a very sad reality of LE in Cimarron County too as the question that needs to be answered I believe is DID TA or any of "Gods Misfits" control LE or the Court that heard the custody case?

Also, were there any members of LE that were directly participating in "Gods Misfits" or other Sov Cit local activities?

Or, were any members of local LE in Cimarron County on the payroll directly or indirectly of TA or other members of "Gods Misfits"?

This just seems like a a situation where the deck was stacked against VB and her attorney was powerless against the power structure dynamic present in Court.

MOO

Not hinting at anyone specifically, but since it's a known fact that the FBI infiltrates fringe groups, especially those with religious and/or anti government leanings, it makes me wonder if a fed had infiltrated this group - especially since it appears to be larger than we originally thought.
I’ve been wondering the same thing… But surely if someone were aware of this plan to kill these women, he would not stay silent… I would hope not… Just to keep his cover.

APR 17, 2024
[...]

On Tuesday, police towed away a white trailer from a property Cullum allegedly has ties to. Witnesses say they saw the trailer in the area where the women were killed.

[...]

Vincent Forbes, a local municipal court judge who says he’s a friend of Cullums, told NewsNation’s Brian Entin Tuesday that he had been in regular contact with Cullum and was even present at the residence during the police raid.

[...]

Forbes, who is also Cullum’s business partner, said he never got a “bad vibe,” describing him as “one of the nicest, funniest” people he knew. However, Forbes acknowledged that Adams seemed “a little bit out of left field.”

[...]

Forbes has been forced to resign since telling NewsNation he was shocked by the killings. The judge’s decision to speak out about the case appears to have angered local officials, with the mayor who appointed him demanding his resignation.
Thank goodness for this resignation.

Bet the other local pols and Judges are simply angry that the outside light of the Press are shining on what appears to be a very 'cozy' local situation for them all imo.

IMO that entire interview didn't pass any 'smell test' other than being totally self serving.

To now find out this Municipal Judge was a business partner of Cullum is simply the cherry on top of what appears to be a very corrupt local political and judicial 'sundae'.

What a cesspit and no wonder OSBI couldn't work with the folks from Cimarron County....

MOO

APR 17, 2024
[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

I wonder if TA got word that Veronica would be granted more visitation leading to full custody and after having the kids for 2 years? She was not going to let that happen.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member