Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The huge jump in severity does make you wonder.

However, this was so botched and outrageous that I have doubts these people are experienced in murder.
I think its possibly relevant that while custody was clearly at issue, I do think the primary issue were underlying financial issues associated with generational wealth tied up in Trusts and possibly involving the two WR children with VB that TA DID NOT want to be in any control of VB.

We have no knowledge of the family Trusts and associated income but there was a statement made in Court by WR about how he was leaving his portion of the Trust to his 'son' (no mention of daughter iirc).

I've been trying to untangle the underlying land holdings of TA and affiliated entities and its a maze but there are 1,000s of acres of land involved just in OK (haven't made it to CO or AZ where she is believed to also have holdings) along with a very active land leasing business so far as I can tell.

As they say, "Money Makes the World Go Round" and I do very much think that control or perceived control of children was what possibly set TA off into a tailspin to exclude VB from the actual and financial lives of the children.

Hope we learn more at eventual trial.

MOO

Then, on Feb. 21, Wrangler was arrested and charged with Domestic Assault and Battery in the Presence of Minors and Public Intoxication, which prompted the district attorney to ask the court to revoke Wrangler's probation. The charge was for attacking his mother in law.
Wait, WHAT? I'm confused. Who is the mother in law? Also, Wrangler is in rehab, but is he headed right back to prison once his stint in rehab is over?

The judge in the NN Brian Entin interview is a municipal judge. These judges have very little power and deal with minor city issues like parking tickets and the like. They are selected by mayors.

The judges in domestic situations are district judges. They have much more power and responsibility.

Here is an article on the associate judge of Cimarron County, OK:
Yes, interesting that a Judge had to be 'imported' from KS and this article was a head scratcher when I read it a couple of weeks ago. But, maybe the population is such that there were no viable local candidates or others from OK that wanted to go to Cimarron County? IDK.

But, its this Judge that I believe has had the 24/7 LE protection.

MOO

Wait, WHAT? I'm confused. Who is the mother in law? Also, Wrangler is in rehab, but is he headed right back to prison once his stint in rehab is over?
WR remarried in 2023 and I believe has 1 child with wife and she is currently pregnant. The DV charge (involving wife and HER MOTHER) was filed but nothing seemed to happen in the system with the charge (perhaps wife wouldn't cooperate?) and then WR is off to rehab after his short stint in jail. It appears from the OK Legal website that the DV charges might have been dropped but its unclear why imo.

Not sure HOW a 6 year jail sentence (new gun charge for previously convicted FELON) turns into a short jail stay followed by 6 months of rehab at Salvation Army but that appears to be what happened. But, looks like WR might have won the sentencing LOTTO in OK as most felons with new gun charges would be right back in jail and not have a suspended sentence? Baffling as it was clear at the time of the event that he was in a drug spiral and had been for some time. Wonder which Judge pulled off this sentencing 'magic'?

MOO

Last edited:
Wrangler was remarried and has a pregnant wife. I would hate to see what would have happened to her if these people wouldn't have been arrested.
She even mentioned in an interview I think, been a long night at emergency vet with my sister's pup, that she moved elsewhere to another state perhaps because of fear and also was praying for both Veronica and Jilian. I'll try to find that interview.

In the first custody hearing, Tifany came much more prepared than what Veronica or anyone ever would anticipate, and had photos of evidence and had more witnesses arranged to speak on Wrangler's account than Veronica had for herself. Tifany made it much bigger than it should have been because with her son being awarded full custody, it was only in his name in her mind, and those kids were hers. Eventually this led to her keeping the kids away from both of them, because with Wrangler's past and Tifany's influence it's easy for someone not understanding the full situation to casually assume perhaps they are better with her than their father with a criminal past and someone who she carefully molded to the public as not caring about them anyway. Veronica was young, but she had so much strength to fight this unfair battle where the cards were stacked unbeknownst and against her from the beginning. Tifany thought she really had control of them all up until Wrangler screwed up and managed to get arrested on Nov. 16 in possession of a firearm as a felon and was sentenced to six years, all suspended and placed on probation. Then, on Feb. 21, Wrangler was arrested and charged with Domestic Assault and Battery in the Presence of Minors and Public Intoxication, which prompted the district attorney to ask the court to revoke Wrangler's probation. The charge was for attacking his mother in law.

Tifany knew that this would be how Veronica would finally be awarded full custody. The court would finally award full custody to the mother, and while she could influence Wrangler to have the kids all the time, she couldn't do the same any longer with Veronica. We can't see the document that was sealed, and I'm not going to discuss it further than mentioning it, but it wouldn't matter at this stage bc unfortunately, imo Tifany had been planting seeds especially about Veronica and Wrangler for years anyway to potray a role she never was. Unfortunately, in her mind and how she convulted other weak minded people her view that no one was going to take those children away from her no matter the cost, the truth, the law, or consequence. Just imo.

Excellent summary!

Just a couple questions, do you know who Wrangler attacked on Feb 21st? His mother in law? So he’s married now??? Sorry if this was discussed already if so I missed it. (He and VB were never married, I do know that). And so this was also when he was ordered to undergo rehab treatment, which began a month or so before the murderous spree of the misfits? Just trying to get the timeline straight in my head. I wonder, could have this have been the very first visit without Wrangler handing off the children? Thanks.

Edit - Oh I see mention in post above Wrangler has remarried. Attacking wife’s mother is not a good start to a healthy family relationship.

Last edited:
Imo, it's a huge jump from the unpleasantness with the custody arrangements to go to double murder.
My guess is that a line of thought regarding the nature of the motive made that jump possible:

The group, like extremist groups of any ideology, seemed to be pretty "in or out". Either you are part of the "tribe", or not part of the "tribe". Non group members were probably then classified as "trustworthy" or "enemy".

The line of thought seems to have been that they were defending the children from outside "enemies". Unless stopped, these enemies would harm members of their group. Group members must be defended at all costs.

In short, the crime was not presented as a crime, rather as a "need to defend". This likely made the jump far easier than if it were presented as: "OK, I started selling drugs- now I need your help to murder two rival dealers..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80